Have you ever..

NerfHerder44
333 posts Member
edited October 2016
There are weeks where I work overtime and I am rewarded with a substantial amount of extra pay. I have never worked overtime and been compensated with a handful of sea shells or a bag of sand.

There has never been a time in my life where I have spent an exorbitant amount of time on something and I was compensated unfairly.

This raid is literally the exact opposite of that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/59im1a/t6_of_tank_raid_completed_after_6_days_this_is/

6 days. If you don't finish in the top 3, you essentially wasted all of your time.

In the words of @EA_Jesse

*drops mic*

Replies

• Yes, I put in 60+ hour weeks regularly, work holidays, and only get paid for a 40 hour work week. Am I wasting my time?
  • IDobaFett wrote: »
    Yes, I put in 60+ hour weeks regularly, work holidays, and only get paid for a 40 hour work week. Am I wasting my time?

I wouldn't say that time is wasted but I will say u deserve to be paid for that time.
    Yes, I put in 60+ hour weeks regularly, work holidays, and only get paid for a 40 hour work week. Am I wasting my time?

Yes. Find a new job.

You're definitely doing it wrong.

This isn't really a place to discuss work related compensation, but if you feel you're being taken advantage of, you are. I've left jobs like that for less.

However, if you enjoy what you do and you are okay with your compensation, then by all means, continue to do what you love doing.
  • I spent like 800-1.000 on this game and this raid makes me feel like a scrub. Crazy
  • IDobaFett
    237 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry guys, was trying to build an analogy that answered the OP but failed.

I think the point that I was trying to make (and that the OP made) was that the OP is frustrated with all the extra work that he and all of us are putting in, but not being compensated with commensurate raid rewards. When I'm frustrated at work, I think about a quitting. When we're frustrated with SWGOH, we think about quitting and how else we can spend our time. We think about other (newer) games more rewarding, spending more quality time with our families or significant others.

The new raid will get easier for everyone and at some point will be worth the effort. We all just can't see when that will be or how much effort it will take to get there.

I think the point that I was trying to make (and that the OP made) was that the OP is frustrated with all the extra work that he and all of us are putting in, but not being compensated with commensurate raid rewards. When I'm frustrated at work, I think about a quitting. When we're frustrated with SWGOH, we think about quitting and how else we can spend our time. We think about other (newer) games more rewarding, spending more quality time with our families or significant others.

The new raid will get easier for everyone and at some point will be worth the effort. We all just can't see when that will be or how much effort it will take to get there.

Lol. All good. It just read weird.
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    IDobaFett wrote: »

I will never get used to people thinking about a game the way they think about a job. For me a game is here to entertain me during a pause or my spare time. Playing games is a choice of entertainment and is optional which is not really the case for a job. Don't get me wrong, I love my job being a director in the company I founded, but I am not expecting a game to generate frustration stress and absurd levels of commitments. If it does and fails to entertain me then I will just stop playing it. I must admit standing at the step of that choice and I have stopped spending in this game already as I do not see why I should spend any money in a product where the devs create content I am not in position to enjoy.
  • DarthGozu wrote: »
    IDobaFett wrote: »

I will never get used to people thinking about a game the way they think about a job. For me a game is here to entertain me during a pause or my spare time. Playing games is a choice of entertainment and is optional which is not really the case for a job. Don't get me wrong, I love my job being a director in the company I founded, but I am not expecting a game to generate frustration stress and absurd levels of commitments. If it does and fails to entertain me then I will just stop playing it. I must admit standing at the step of that choice and I have stopped spending in this game already as I do not see why I should spend any money in a product where the devs create content I am not in position to enjoy.

No one is thinking of playing the game as a job.

That being said, this new raid is pretty much like a bad job. Lots of work for little compensation.

Just an analogy, nothing more, nothing less.
  • I think of this game as a customer. I paid a substantial amount and expect a service that matches that.
  • PorMestari
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I think of this game as my dirty little s/m hobby. Submit to master Grievous, punish the arena.
    And balance find I in life.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Just play the game whilst you're meant to be doing your job like the rest of us :neutral: