Skills are predetermined in battles

Breetai
858 posts Member
edited January 2016
After doing a fight a couple tries I noticed a pateren. So I kept fighting it. After 18 fights, I've learned its pretederimened. Turn order is the only thing that changes. This is a fast run down of all 18 fights.

My sid attacks and applies debuff. My Leia shoots once. His poe taunts and sid, bariss, lumi are debuffed, qgj, and Leia are never effected. His poe attacks bariss. His poggle attacks lumi. His ig 88 AoE and applies ability block to sid, bariss, and Leia. His hk does his AoE. Ig 86 attacks qgj. My qgj does his special assist attack and calls in bariss ( EVERY FREAKING TIME!!!!!) . my Leia shoots once. His poggle buffs. His ig 88 hits qgj. His hk hits lumi. His ig 86 kills bariss

I don't bother putting in who I attack as I decide who I attack, and I changed targets trying to get different out comes. And didn't bother mentioning my lumi as I heal with her on first turn. But ai attacks same toons, with the same toons, and same toons are effected by the same debuffs, while also resisting same debuffs. Leia only shoots once every time and bariss is the one that assist qgj every time, which is very important because if either of these changed just once, bariss wouldn't be killed off.

@EA_Jesse maybe this is intended. Maybe it's a bug I don't know but thought I would mention it.

Before some says post videos. I can't record video on this phone, or I don't know how and I'm not spending an hour to try to figure it out. But if you interested try it yourself. Maybe I'm just unlucky but 18 times? I don't think so

Replies

• Options
    After posting this I went into the same battle and same think happened 2 more times. On 3rd try I did the one thing I didn't try, sids AoE and the whole matched changed. Poe didn't taunt, they targeted different toons. Sid joined qgj in his attack. Leia shot 3 times. And match was over. I was to busy watching it thinking ****, an AoE changes the whole fight? Than thinking about it and retreating to see if this new pattern was the norm when I AoE.
  • Options
    I thought everybody knew this. There are countless posts where this is mentioned and there is a thread where it is explained why this happens. Try the search function, it would have been faster.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Search "seed" on the forum. You'll find lots of information.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Interesting enough this was the only battle this happened. I tried multipul times in my last 2 battles in GW to have same thing happen and it didn't. Everything was always different. From skills to who the ai attacked to who was affected by buffs/debuffs.

If I run into the same thing tomorrow, I'll switch out characters to see to see if same thing continues in multipul battles.
  • Options
    Read the posts above dude
  • Options
    @Breetai

You can change how the match goes not only by changing up the order of your lineup, but also by changing your attack order. There are matches where I've only been able to win by attacking the most unlikely character first, rather than the usual suspects.

It's all in hopes of getting an RNG order that works out.
  • Options
    I thought this was common knowledge now. If you want to change how the battle flows, change who you attack first or use a different skill.