FOTP or Vader? Need some Advice

MoMoney
8 posts Member
edited January 2016
hey guys,
been playing since early december and i never could have imagined having so much fun with a mobile game. also, this is my first post in the forum :)
so, currently i'm level 63, running with sid as leader (6 star, gear 8), kylo (30 shards to 6, gear 7), poggle (5 star tomorrow, gear 7), poe (5 star, gear 7) and vader (4 star, gear 7).
i was trying to put together an AOE squad and although i like vaders abilities, i'm not that satisfied with his contribution and with the fact, that i can't farm him.
i'm thinking about switching vader with fotp, who's 3 shards away from 4 star and 3-4 days till gear 8. but as you know, it takes a long time to farm him :(
i'm between 45-70 in arena daily.
other options would be phasma (4 star, gear 7) or daka (4 star, gear 6)
the toons i wanna stick to are sid, kylo and poe.

i would really appreciate your help, so what do you guys think?

Replies

• Depends if you want to run a serious team or teams you enjoy or just like.

I'm lvl 57 and currently running An AoE vader team and always hold 100-200 spots on arena.

Phasma (L) 4* gear 6
    Poe 5* gear 7
    Vader 4* gear 6
    Kylo 4* gear6
    FOTP 3* gear 6
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I'd ditch Vader. He's slow, his dots are meh, and his basic sucks. I know fotp takes a while to grind, but you'll go further with him in the current meta.
  • i'd like to get to top 30 in arena but i'm not sure if a 4 star tie-pilot can compete at that level.
    i wanna keep sid, kylo and poe other than that i'm open to change.
    is it worth to keep farming poggle past 5 stars, as i'm only using him because of his offense up buff?
  • I used to run the following:

Phasma(L) 7*
    Sidious 7*
    Vader 4*
    Ren 7*
    Lumi 7*

The team was very strong and I was able to stay in the top 5 with that team. However, since about 3 weeks ago, that team was no longer strong enough to even reach the top 5. It has to do with the speed of Vader and the fact that he doesn't do enough damage on his regular hit. He was basically dead weight if he couldn't get the culling blade off. And many times the enemy would dodge that big hit. I switched out Vader for FOTP and Kylo for Han. I can break top 5 easily with that team.
  • MoMoney
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    thx for the responses.
    i have the same problems with vader.
    he's slow and if culling blade misses, he's pretty much useless and it's almost a guaranteed loss for me. what star level is your tie-pilot @nubsors ?

btw, i don't know if this is a bug or i'm misinterpreting his basic ability, but numerous times a jedi was able to dodge the ability block. did anyone else notice that?
  • MoMoney wrote: »
    thx for the responses.
    i have the same problems with vader.
    he's slow and if culling blade misses, he's pretty much useless and it's almost a guaranteed loss for me. what star level is your tie-pilot @nubsors ?

btw, i don't know if this is a bug or i'm misinterpreting his basic ability, but numerous times a jedi was able to dodge the ability block. did anyone else notice that?

My FOTP is 4* about to hit 5*. But no matter his *, you need a taunter to use him properly.
    hey guys,
    been playing since early december and i never could have imagined having so much fun with a mobile game. also, this is my first post in the forum :)
    so, currently i'm level 63, running with sid as leader (6 star, gear 8), kylo (30 shards to 6, gear 7), poggle (5 star tomorrow, gear 7), poe (5 star, gear 7) and vader (4 star, gear 7).
    i was trying to put together an AOE squad and although i like vaders abilities, i'm not that satisfied with his contribution and with the fact, that i can't farm him.
    i'm thinking about switching vader with fotp, who's 3 shards away from 4 star and 3-4 days till gear 8. but as you know, it takes a long time to farm him :(

I would gear up fotp bc I used him at 3* and he's effective with Poe but for your team comp especially with ppoggle, vader fits in. Try this team Sid, vader, ig88, dooku (if you have him) or lum poggle.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Personally, I would start farming TFP, but don't put him on the squad just yet.

Start working on Phasma, since you have him at 4* and will want him if you go for TFP and a FO team.

IG-88 would be the other direction to go, but I'd finish Sid first, so that would take a while.

Phasma, TFP, Poe, Kylo and Dooku would be a very nice team to slowly work towards. You're at the stage in the game, where you should start working towards your "dream team" while you 7* a few of your main characters.

TFP will take a long time to farm, so you'll want another character to use in the interim (Poggle) and maybe farm IG-88 after Sid as another option
    hey guys,

Phasma, Sid, Poe, Poggle, FOTP, PWN
    --Nud Stark--
  • Try replacing Vader with Luminara
  • Rutank wrote: »
    MoMoney wrote: »
    hey guys,

I would gear up fotp bc I used him at 3* and he's effective with Poe but for your team comp especially with ppoggle, vader fits in. Try this team Sid, vader, ig88, dooku (if you have him) or lum poggle.

In GW, when I want to try and send in a prep team i send in Teebo lead, fotp, ahsoka, eeth koth, and chewie just hoping fotp stays stealthed and chewie taunting. The team actually won my 3rd to final battle today.
  • I have the FOTF at 4*, GL 6(5/6) and his health is 4635. I'm sure your vader is around 11000 health. FOST is way to squishy for regular use unless you don't mind him dying. AI seems to target him first too. He hits like a tank, but goes down faster than a calf in a rodeo.
    Character Name: Nofaultius