AAT Raid rewards: is this some kind of sadistic joke???

Prev13
WVwJAbu.png

Those 10 yellow things there on the right...are worth 2 sim tickets on a challenge!

This Raid took 6 days and countless upgrades of second zone characters! Now you're telling me that I can go on farm Ugnaught and give 10 stun cuffs to a bunch of Jawas to bring that down to (perhaps) 5, or 4 (yay!) days !?!?!

THANK YOU!
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeap. Enjoy! It is sooooo intresting! New content!
  • Not look at reward you must.
    Look at the journey you should.
  • Journey is slow and boring while the rewards are inadequate.
    Please speed up the animation of the aat for starters.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • This reminds me of the time my guild did two tier 6 raids and each raid the non-raid gear rewards were mk 3 carbanti things and mk 6 syringes (which I had in abundance from the challenges). It was even more frustrating because it used to take us about a week per raid. It sounds like you just got the RNG shaft and over the course of the next couple weeks things will even themselves out.

On another note you should be more grateful that you already beat a raid. There's plenty of guilds out there who haven't even made it through phase 1 yet
  • LOL thats really crap!

It baffles me that CG/EA needed two extra months for polishing & balancing the AAT raid and then released this hp-overbloated thing. I didnt think they were so out of sync with the playerbase.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Just drop your guild and save 6 days worth of crystals. You could have filled two gear slots buying the gear from shipments.

Edit: I see you aren't lacking in the crystals and have a lot of flexibility there. Just be glad you aren't f2p :)
  • When you think it can't get much worse, it sure does. Those rewards are beyond awful, you might get one full piece in 6 months at that rate. I personally think challenge gear should be a random bonus, not part of the main reward. Anyways yet another flop for the AAT raid...
  • Not look at reward you must.
    Look at the journey you should.
    ^^ Wise advice!
    On another note you should be more grateful that you already beat a raid. There's plenty of guilds out there who haven't even made it through phase 1 yet
    As stated just above, lucky them, they can still enjoy the journey!

At that rate, they should be honest and just don't offer rewards at all. You just do the Raid for the sake of it. Free content, right?

• It's a (already) boring dragged out raid.
    I can't imagine 50 members having the motivation to do the current raids, events and GW with an extra daily 5 battles on a raid that takes 7+ days.
    This is screaming for an adjustment in health. Considering the rewards are utter cr*p :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • 8NVaSnO.jpg
    For the amount of time it takes waiting on the tank animation is really not worth it :wink:
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Rewards vs effort & investment ratio on Normal is embarassing. Considering it takes 6-7 days to complete it, all the guilds not able to complete Heroic (actually majority) will be doing AAT every single day. And considering salvage diveristy, maybe you get a full piece of gear after 2-3 months.

On top of that, making it a daily effort, makes the raid boring - some of my guild mates are doing it on auto already. I believe it will become even more boring and frustrating, when it is not fresh anymore, and becomes another "daily" five attempts, with poor weekly reward.
  • ^^ most are already at that point... Some dont even bother attacking at all (not big hitters anyway... They feel they have no impact at all)
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    ^^ most are already at that point... Some dont even bother attacking at all (not big hitters anyway... They feel they have no impact at all)

And it is hard to blame them. However, it causes another potential issue. If people feel they do not have impact at all, they do not try harder, do not invest it raid toons - and hard to blame them again (time and resources required to make for example jawa viable is enormous comparing to poor rewards and - excluding JE if you run droids - are useful only in AAT).

I am afraid most of the guilds will stay on Normal for a very long time. We all know Heroic requires every guild memember to participate and have decent squads. How to achieve that, if Normal prepares for the opposite - limited participation and no investments...
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Completely agree. The rewards are so disappointing. And consider people below position 20...
    I imagine in some days EA will come with an adjustment to buff up rewards, new lower difficulty tiers...
    But what puzzles me is the fact that after so many months of preparations for new content, all they have released (Mods, Tournament, ATT raid, redesigned ewok event...) in some way is bugged, or need to be further adjusted, big adjustments (remember mods, or guild hopping, or tournament exploits). Do they really test it? Do they have experience with mobile games and how some players may find loopholes to exploit it?
    And don't take me wrong, I am very grateful for the game, and to the devs for the work and effort. I really enjoy the game. But, just please, do not break it with untested and bugged new content.
    Thanks
  • Can't blame people from not finding this new content fun and just auto play it. In a way the only challenge here is to reach the guild roster threshold to jump in heroic and run a squad each in each phase for 2% damage. There is too much RNG and bugs to speak about strategy in this raid. I can name 2 in your face failures:
    -The time loop generated from the 100tm proc of grievous and B2 when facing thermal detonator from jawa scavenger. How entertaining is it to see grievous proc detonators, have them blow up on his multiple attacks, triggering 100tm and cycle again and again the same situation. The more modded the scavenger the less you can actually play. I which I took a screenshot of that try where I had a massive stripe of red debuffs crossing the bottom of my ipad screen and preventing me from actually see the bloody jawas before I could issue a single attack.
    -Tank phase 2 turn meter and guns shooting when at 50% blue bar. Now this is a really painful one because phase 2 did seem a bit more polished and rewarding tactical choices over simple zerg. But when the guns just time warp and outpace a rebel team that is on speed Mods steroids it becomes impossible to plan over the next 5 moves. On top of those 2 side guns capable of shooting with 50% blue bar, the tank itself enrage frequently 2 turns before the actual enrage cooldown reach zero... and this has been tested?

• It would be nice if there was a viable strat on the levels that would make it nice.

But the raid really isn't fun, I ain't whining just stating fact. And now I see how the rewards will suck I def aint motivated to get any better for the rewards. Will just grind utter stuff and auto battles when I remember.
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • himobi
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Rewards are great, tank raid is great, we all love spending hours playing each day, we appreciate your feedback to us the player base. Keep being CG - well done

NOT
  • To go from Southampton to New York with a ship is actually a faster journey than completing T6 ATT raid. That journey takes 6-7 days depending on the weather.
  • The issue is that they were to lazy to supply T1 thru T5. T6 is terrible and nobody feels like they're doing any damage. With the Rancor we could start at T6 and realize we were not ready and drop to T4/T5 - many guilds are not ready for T6 AAT but feel we need to do it as there's no other option.
  • Just drop your guild and save 6 days worth of crystals. You could have filled two gear slots buying the gear from shipments.

Edit: I see you aren't lacking in the crystals and have a lot of flexibility there. Just be glad you aren't f2p :)

@StormTro0p3R_H I am f2p :) It's just that I had a nice streak of Arena wins a couple of months ago, and hoarded the crystals for months now, waiting for a good deal to spend them on (never saw one). I buy 200-300 refreshes every day, never more, and gave up buying the occasional chromium when the last one gave me duplicate toons. My main spending is Holo Projectors in the shop, yay! I think I'll buy Galactic Gear packs instead of refreshes as soon as I'm 85.
  • It would be great if instead of this miserable pile of junk, the rewards were things that would actually help us prepare for T7: Stun cuffs, stun guns, stun cuffs, stun cuffs, holo projectors, stun cuffs,...
  • Cor wrote: »
    ^^ most are already at that point... Some dont even bother attacking at all (not big hitters anyway... They feel they have no impact at all)

And it is hard to blame them. However, it causes another potential issue. If people feel they do not have impact at all, they do not try harder, do not invest it raid toons - and hard to blame them again (time and resources required to make for example jawa viable is enormous comparing to poor rewards and - excluding JE if you run droids - are useful only in AAT).

I am afraid most of the guilds will stay on Normal for a very long time. We all know Heroic requires every guild memember to participate and have decent squads. How to achieve that, if Normal prepares for the opposite - limited participation and no investments...

our guild is in 1/3rd or so. I have contributed 4 milions. so far top 4 contributor in my guild... still I feel I have no impact. Its more then one week in front of us at this pace... Hate it already... Knowing that there is also almost no reward doesnt help much....

• Tiggus wrote: »
    It would be great if instead of this miserable pile of junk, the rewards were things that would actually help us prepare for T7: Stun cuffs, stun guns, stun cuffs, stun cuffs, holo projectors, stun cuffs,...

They should just change the rewards to only stun guns, stun cuffs, fully crafted furnaces and the blue and green gear that we always run out of. At least then we know we actually want our rewards.
  • wow... i wonder how bad mine will be if those are for rank 14. I cannot believe these are the rewards
  • It is going to take our guild over one month to finish. It isn't worth it, we are all in why bother playing it mode already.
  • I average 4 million in a T6 raid and I don't even care about gearing the jawas I have unlocked at this point.
  • It's extra content that previously didn't exist. If those rewards aren't worth it to you then just ignore it. Regardless of gear I'll take an extra 1200 guild coins and 600k credits a week. That sounds useful to me. Wish it was better, but it's not like this raid is a bad thing.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Tiggus wrote: »
    It would be great if instead of this miserable pile of junk, the rewards were things that would actually help us prepare for T7: Stun cuffs, stun guns, stun cuffs, stun cuffs, holo projectors, stun cuffs,...

They should just change the rewards to only stun guns, stun cuffs, fully crafted furnaces and the blue and green gear that we always run out of. At least then we know we actually want our rewards.

To be fair to the devs, you can get those from the rancor raids which we can run simultaneously. The issue with the raid is they designed the normal raid for guilds with 50 players with several maxed out teams each. That's fine for heroic, but not realistic for a normal guild. I don't mind taking a week to complete a raid, but 2-4 weeks is a little over the top and so they should have been easier tiers that people could build up to.
  • Monxie wrote: »
    To go from Southampton to New York with a ship is actually a faster journey than completing T6 ATT raid. That journey takes 6-7 days depending on the weather.

lol
    we are all on a slow boat to China
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Tiggus wrote: »

To be fair to the devs, you can get those from the rancor raids which we can run simultaneously. The issue with the raid is they designed the normal raid for guilds with 50 players with several maxed out teams each. That's fine for heroic, but not realistic for a normal guild. I don't mind taking a week to complete a raid, but 2-4 weeks is a little over the top and so they should have been easier tiers that people could build up to.

The operative word is CAN. We CAN get them form the rancor but do we? Not in any meaningful manor. They could just embed 15 cuff and 15 guns into each rancor raid and it still would barely dent anything.