The Lando problem

13Next

Replies

  • Options
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    can someone from team Instinct give their input on this and end this pointless thread lol

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3693/team-instinct-1-pvp-kingz#latest

    Hi there EwokRampage from teaminstinct here! I have spent thousands and many of my teammates have spent much much more then me. Here is my input after studying this game for the past two months. If you are f2p don't waste gems on chromium packs. Just steadfastly farm the team you want.

    Let me repeat this so all can hear, you can get the best team in the game using free to play characters. Will it take a long long time absolutely but it is possible. My team now is Sid, fotp, Rey, geo soldier, Poe. All obtainable without spending a cent. I have been 1 in my pvp bracket since game release. To everyone complaining about chromium characters like Leia and qui gon are necessary I say they are absolutely not. Just use my team or if you want a quicker 1 team use Poe and droids. There is a guy who uses Poe and droids maxed out that takes my spot some times. So there it is two teams all f2p that can be number 1. This is case closed folks.

    Who would be the 5th character in the droids + poetry team? Poggle?

    Hk47 leader Poe i88 and i86 I believe he swaps between poggle and dooku. I have a feeling he uses dooku to try and stun my Poe. But poggle is better if his Poe goes first.
  • JayBeefed
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    This game was made for me, to take my money, not to entertain a person that spends no money.

    Sorry, just reality :(

    I don't begrudge you your money, nor your ability to spend it how you like. But it *is* hard to take your arguments seriously when you say things like this, and then accuse f2p's as expressing a sense of entitlement.

    The fact that you spend more than others should ABSOLUTELY give you an advantage. And it does: you can farm premium characters at a rate far beyond what any mere f2p mortal can accomplish. But why do you think that you ALSO deserve to make that content restricted to you and you alone?

    That is like saying that not only is it already easier for rich kids to get into Harvard, but that at the same time Harvard should *only* allow rich kids to get in.

    Entitlement and privilege are two sides of the same coin and, as you seem fond of telling us all, you have more coins in your pocket than most.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    This game was made for me, to take my money, not to entertain a person that spends no money.

    Sorry, just reality :(

    I don't begrudge you your money, nor your ability to spend it how you like. But it *is* hard to take your arguments seriously when you say things like this, and then accuse f2p's as expressing a sense of entitlement.

    The fact that you spend more than others should ABSOLUTELY give you an advantage. And it does: you can farm premium characters at a rate far beyond what any mere f2p mortal can accomplish. But why do you think that you ALSO deserve to make that content restricted to you and you alone?

    That is like saying that not only is it already easier for rich kids to get into Harvard, but that at the same time Harvard should *only* allow rich kids to get in.

    Entitlement and privilege are two sides of the same coin and, as you seem fond of telling us all, you have more coins in your pocket than most.


    I'm pretty sure he's just a kid with rich parents thus the "I'm better than you cause I have money and this game should validate that" attitude.

    I don't think any actual adult with a job would talk like him, not even a super rich person.
  • Options
    SWHS wrote: »
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    This game was made for me, to take my money, not to entertain a person that spends no money.

    Sorry, just reality :(

    I don't begrudge you your money, nor your ability to spend it how you like. But it *is* hard to take your arguments seriously when you say things like this, and then accuse f2p's as expressing a sense of entitlement.

    The fact that you spend more than others should ABSOLUTELY give you an advantage. And it does: you can farm premium characters at a rate far beyond what any mere f2p mortal can accomplish. But why do you think that you ALSO deserve to make that content restricted to you and you alone?

    That is like saying that not only is it already easier for rich kids to get into Harvard, but that at the same time Harvard should *only* allow rich kids to get in.

    Entitlement and privilege are two sides of the same coin and, as you seem fond of telling us all, you have more coins in your pocket than most.


    I'm pretty sure he's just a kid with rich parents thus the "I'm better than you cause I have money and this game should validate that" attitude.

    I don't think any actual adult with a job would talk like him, not even a super rich person.

    Actually he is right in a way, obviously there's 2 different people in these mobile games, F2P or P2P, the sole reason i and many others decided to pour a large amount into SWGOH, was because we enjoy the game of course as well as having access to EXCLUSIVE characters, if those special characters were available easily to the F2P, well i wouldn't have invested then, like any company, everything is designed and made to generate profit, of course this doesn't mean the F2P aren't treasured as loyal players but you sure as heck aren't seen as their gold mines either. Anything and everything is to maximize profit.
    Again, these topics are pointless and are only seen as "F2P cries", just stop and either accept reality or QUIT playing.
  • Options
    I'm a FTP and when I opened my 4* Lando I was happy even though I know I will never get him to 7* because a beggar can't be a chooser. EA makes games to make money and it's very rare for them to get it from someone like me so if only the whales can have a 7* max gear Lando then the whales deserve it.

    I'm perfectly fine with a maxed gear 4* Lando that will help me in GW while my 7* Sid, Lumi etc helps me in Arena.
  • Options
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    So, you want for free, or cheaper, easier, what I had to bust my **** at work everyday to pay for? Is that what you're saying? What is going on in this world? Do we need another World War to strip some of you people of this sense of entitlement you seem to have been born with?

    I can afford this stuff and I choose to buy it. I'm sorry you can't/won't, but that is your problem. Frankly, I would demand massive refunds if EA ever gave away for free any content I had to pay for.

    The problem with the way it's set up now it's either Whale or go home. I'm a P2P, but only into a couple hundred. You know what I learned? You can't do much of anything for a couple hundred bucks in this game. You'll be stuck with a few 4* heroes, and maybe a bunch of refreshes you can use to farm CURRENT free heroes. People that invest 50-100 bucks in this game don't want the "free" heroes either or why even spend? There is a GIANT market for spenders like me and it's completely ignoring us for anything other than current content that is already free, but gaining it at twice the speed. The hundreds I've spent has gotten me pretty much nowhere as far as hard mode shard farming for heroes / gear goes. The return on our investment is horrible and it's going to turn off above average spenders QUICK. Whales alone won't be able to support this game, they need our money as well.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    SWHS wrote: »
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    This game was made for me, to take my money, not to entertain a person that spends no money.

    Sorry, just reality :(

    I don't begrudge you your money, nor your ability to spend it how you like. But it *is* hard to take your arguments seriously when you say things like this, and then accuse f2p's as expressing a sense of entitlement.

    The fact that you spend more than others should ABSOLUTELY give you an advantage. And it does: you can farm premium characters at a rate far beyond what any mere f2p mortal can accomplish. But why do you think that you ALSO deserve to make that content restricted to you and you alone?

    That is like saying that not only is it already easier for rich kids to get into Harvard, but that at the same time Harvard should *only* allow rich kids to get in.

    Entitlement and privilege are two sides of the same coin and, as you seem fond of telling us all, you have more coins in your pocket than most.


    I'm pretty sure he's just a kid with rich parents thus the "I'm better than you cause I have money and this game should validate that" attitude.

    I don't think any actual adult with a job would talk like him, not even a super rich person.

    Actually he is right in a way, obviously there's 2 different people in these mobile games, F2P or P2P, the sole reason i and many others decided to pour a large amount into SWGOH, was because we enjoy the game of course as well as having access to EXCLUSIVE characters, if those special characters were available easily to the F2P, well i wouldn't have invested then, like any company, everything is designed and made to generate profit, of course this doesn't mean the F2P aren't treasured as loyal players but you sure as heck aren't seen as their gold mines either. Anything and everything is to maximize profit.
    Again, these topics are pointless and are only seen as "F2P cries", just stop and either accept reality or QUIT playing.

    Don't think anyone's saying they want free easy access to the chromium heroes obviously that's not going to happen we just want SOME access and this is very likely to happen as new characters are added the question is just how should they go about it.

  • Options
    Absolutely not, i wouldn't have invested in 7* premium characters if they were available to f2p.
    There's plenty of viable f2p characters you can use, don't be greedy.

    lololol this is hilarious.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Isn't it so that in every mobile game (that I know of at least), all content is for everyone? The speed in how to get things is different.
    Taking the old Clash of Clans as example here. You can pay a lot to max out your town but F2P and avg spenders can also max out their village. The big ones just finish it faster and which each update (or new buildings) they get to keep their advantage because they were maxed out.

    Imo that's a fair system. That would also mean (maybe at a slow rate), that eventually everyone should be able to get QGJ, Leia and all the other "premium" characters when more content gets out. There are still 3 cantina levels, 2 dark side levels and 1 light side level to unlock. Why wouldn't the last ones contain more premium characters (you know the energy is at least around 14 per try or something ridiculous :p).

    Exactly, free players should be able to farm every player in the game. It should just take them a year, lol.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Absolutely not, i wouldn't have invested in 7* premium characters if they were available to f2p.
    There's plenty of viable f2p characters you can use, don't be greedy.

    lololol this is hilarious.

    Hey come on, he needs that Darth Maul. How else are people supposed to know how superior he is?

    Clearly scrubs like the rest of us don't deserve it.
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Absolutely not, i wouldn't have invested in 7* premium characters if they were available to f2p.
    There's plenty of viable f2p characters you can use, don't be greedy.

    I find it ironic that you are asking someone to not be greedy because you don't want others to eventually have what you have. Lets assume that someone scores a 4* lando and they add in 1-2 hard mode missions for him. How long do you think it would take most F2P characters to get him to 7*? Maybe about 4 months? And that's for just one character. Honestly, I don't think you have to worry about them threatening your roster in the near future.

    In my opinion, all characters should have at least 1 route to be farmed, to prevent dead end characters and for people to have that sense of progression with their characters. Paying can immensely accelerate this process by months to years and is undeniably beneficial. I don't see the issue with this.

    edit: I'm not saying any of the chromium characters should need to be in Cantina or in any shipments, but just at least 1 hard mode like FOTP.
  • Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Isn't it so that in every mobile game (that I know of at least), all content is for everyone? The speed in how to get things is different.
    Taking the old Clash of Clans as example here. You can pay a lot to max out your town but F2P and avg spenders can also max out their village. The big ones just finish it faster and which each update (or new buildings) they get to keep their advantage because they were maxed out.

    Imo that's a fair system. That would also mean (maybe at a slow rate), that eventually everyone should be able to get QGJ, Leia and all the other "premium" characters when more content gets out. There are still 3 cantina levels, 2 dark side levels and 1 light side level to unlock. Why wouldn't the last ones contain more premium characters (you know the energy is at least around 14 per try or something ridiculous :p).

    Exactly, free players should be able to farm every player in the game. It should just take them a year, lol.

    This. +1
  • Options
    I can not stress out this fact enough: you can only buy time in this game.
    Eventually all Chromium exclusive toons will be acquirable after some time, usually ehen new toons come they start as chromium exclusive and the old exclusives will be farmable in various forms.
  • Options
    Absolutely not, i wouldn't have invested in 7* premium characters if they were available to f2p.
    There's plenty of viable f2p characters you can use, don't be greedy.

    Lmao, the irony of this post.
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    Absolutely not, i wouldn't have invested in 7* premium characters if they were available to f2p.
    There's plenty of viable f2p characters you can use, don't be greedy.

    Lmao, the irony of this post.

    Lmao the irony of this broke noob.



  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    IceBlitz wrote: »
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    Absolutely not, i wouldn't have invested in 7* premium characters if they were available to f2p.
    There's plenty of viable f2p characters you can use, don't be greedy.

    Lmao, the irony of this post.

    Lmao the irony of this broke noob.



    He's a noob for not having as much cash to blow on a game as you? Yes clearly he needs to git gud.

    How does it feel 360 no scoping people with your credit card?
  • Options
    Ive never seen a game where the system of rng pulls was only worth for Big(Hutt)Spenders.
    Thats where the problem remains.
    Unlocking a character that you cant upgrade in anyway except paying 100 more times isnt viable for 99.99% of players.
    Some people posted some reasonable ways to improve this.
  • Options
    The secret of success for this game is not to spend a penny and work on what you have.

    Arena is just a money sink for the sons and daughters of the 1% to throw money at EA by beating up scripted AI's.

  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    can someone from team Instinct give their input on this and end this pointless thread lol

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3693/team-instinct-1-pvp-kingz#latest

    Hi there EwokRampage from teaminstinct here! I have spent thousands and many of my teammates have spent much much more then me. Here is my input after studying this game for the past two months. If you are f2p don't waste gems on chromium packs. Just steadfastly farm the team you want.

    Let me repeat this so all can hear, you can get the best team in the game using free to play characters. Will it take a long long time absolutely but it is possible. My team now is Sid, fotp, Rey, geo soldier, Poe. All obtainable without spending a cent. I have been 1 in my pvp bracket since game release. To everyone complaining about chromium characters like Leia and qui gon are necessary I say they are absolutely not. Just use my team or if you want a quicker 1 team use Poe and droids. There is a guy who uses Poe and droids maxed out that takes my spot some times. So there it is two teams all f2p that can be number 1. This is case closed folks.

    Who would be the 5th character in the droids + poetry team? Poggle?

    Yes
  • Options
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    So, you want for free, or cheaper, easier, what I had to bust my **** at work everyday to pay for? Is that what you're saying? What is going on in this world? Do we need another World War to strip some of you people of this sense of entitlement you seem to have been born with?

    I can afford this stuff and I choose to buy it. I'm sorry you can't/won't, but that is your problem. Frankly, I would demand massive refunds if EA ever gave away for free any content I had to pay for.

    We need World War, because people like you got lucky enough not to value money, billions of million work their **** of too, just to live till the next day. You are just blind and stupid, the very reason of World Wars. You thing it is okay to drop 1k$ on a mediocre game. You got lucky, so you have no idea how 6billion earn they living. The other day I've seen a women who couldn't afford couple candies for her little daughters. And you have no idea how hard it will be for those little girls to get skilled enough to get a real, decent paid job. But you see no problem in people having limited resources and games giving you virtual advantage in exchange for months average salary. People are just debating to reason the pricing. So that you too could pay less for more. Your pathetic purchase was some kind of royal seal dooming the fate of millions of players?
  • Midirataj
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh, and if you did start from the bottom(which I doubt) you should have more sense than what you are presenting. No one was talking about entitlement here. Just having a dead end hero. You like this luck thing, right @DarkHelmut ? Thats why you love dump money into this slot machine. Someone used word "invest", paying for in game content is not quite that, but you business sharks know it all, well and out.
Sign In or Register to comment.