Why on earth isn't normal -->exactly<-- the same as heroic with a few small exceptions?

The exceptions being:
1. Unlimited completion time on normal
2. 5 Battles per day on normal
3. Rosters refresh once daily on normal
4. Prizes are smaller on normal

Everything else (HPS/Mechanics/Damage ) should be exactly the same.

This would have the following benefits:
1. People would know they are ready for heroic when they can beat it with 1/2 refreshes.
2. It might not be the mind numbing, boring raid it currently is.
3. Current Heroic rancor guilds would likely be able to finish within 2-3 days instead of 7-14.
4. Slightly less hate of EA

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I see what you are going for but when we are 85, and nail down the mechanics, Normal will be easier and Heroic will be an absolute joke like the rancor raid. So, I propose that Heroic is more like the current normal, except half the HP of normal instead of 1/5th. Heroic should still be a carrot. Instead they overtuned the normal because that way certain people can get a slight leg up 99% of the player base. There was no mistake, it was intended because those people influence the raid design.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I see what you are going for but when we are 85, and nail down the mechanics, Normal will be easier and Heroic will be an absolute joke like the rancor raid. So, I propose that Heroic is more like the current normal, except half the HP of normal instead of 1/5th. Heroic should still be a carrot. Instead they overtuned the normal because that way certain people can get a slight leg up 99% of the player base. There was no mistake, it was intended because those people influence the raid design.

What magical thing will change when we are 85? Oh, right, we can get other toons to g11. Oh, wait, except the gear we need is only obtainable through the raid (or with money, but if you can afford to buy it you are already probably doing heroic). For 90% of the population, when we hit 85, nothing will have changed.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Everyone keeps saying 85 is the fix for this. It isn't, YES your toons will revive a minor buff and more protection, YES you will have access to more power ful gear, but where are you going to get it from? What is 6-9k protection going to do for you really? What about the members of your guild not quite on your level? Ya it's designed to be endgame content but forcing guilds to either kick newer friends that have been brought into guilds or pressure them to quickly rise to a level it's taken us all months and in most cases cash to achieve.
    Plus in order to get characters to 85 gear you're going to need to spend money on the peices, lots of it.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I see what you are going for but when we are 85, and nail down the mechanics, Normal will be easier and Heroic will be an absolute joke like the rancor raid. So, I propose that Heroic is more like the current normal, except half the HP of normal instead of 1/5th. Heroic should still be a carrot. Instead, they overtuned the normal because that way certain people can get a slight leg up 99% of the player base. There was no mistake, it was intended because those people influence the raid design.

I believe you are EA employee or developer that you modify at the higher level, which we can't reach you! I have been playing SWGOH since May 25th, 2016 until now, my current level is 81 I can't even complete Pit Heroic and worse is Tank Takedown.

This is what happens when they beta test with the top 1%. Great raid for them. They are probably half way to Kenobi by now. My guild is whittling through normal phase 2. We can complete Heroic Rancor in a few hours, going to take weeks to finish "normal".

This is what happens when they beta test with the top 1%. Great raid for them. They are probably half way to Kenobi by now. My guild is whittling through normal phase 2. We can complete Heroic Rancor in a few hours, going to take weeks to finish "normal".

100% agree @DarthBlartMC - We just hit P4 of the AAT raid. It is a grind. We could finish the Pit in under an hour if we wanted (I put up a run of 7.5M the other night), but this T6 'normal' is a joke.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • The double the health is crazy. It actually makes you not want to even do a Normal raid if you can't do Heroic. My guild has a mix of whales to f2p. The Rancor allowed for this mix. Now we have to look at dropping some people who are newer to the game instead of helping them grow and enjoy the game so we can do Heroic raids.

85 won't solve the issue. It will help some. I am almost to 83 and the slight bumps I got for 81 and 82 I don't see going up 3 more will make things that much better. Other than allowing some key toons for the raid to go from X to XI in gear, which might help.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Exactly my point about why the normal is so hard. My guild finished it yesterday.. Meanwhile the Heroic version is only blocked by having huge rosters and zerging it with all of those characters. It doesn't require strategy by some of those guilds, only zerging with their 10+ full teams. My opinion is that the heroic should have been harder so it would have required strategy. The ideal tuning for the heroic would have been that the top guilds failed a few times, instead of killing it in 40 minutes the "First time" they ran it... If there wasn't such a huge discrepency between the guilds doing heroic and the guilds doing Normal in term of time and effort, there wouldn't be a big problem. It should have been hard for EVERYONE.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Hopefully they do something, i was excited about the AAT for so long, first couple of days were enjoyable, now I'd rather play galactic war and get excited when I see Wigsado on node 6
  • DarthR244D wrote: »
    The double the health is crazy. It actually makes you not want to even do a Normal raid if you can't do Heroic. My guild has a mix of whales to f2p. The Rancor allowed for this mix. Now we have to look at dropping some people who are newer to the game instead of helping them grow and enjoy the game so we can do Heroic raids.
    This is the sad reality of the new raid. The only foreseeable path to completing the raid in a reasonable fashion is to drop the lower guild members and merge with the top of another guild. It's very unfortunate to be put in this situation. Part of the fun of the guild is helping out the lower guys and watching the guild grow. This raid is a roadblock to that. I've been together with my guild since day one of guilds. I see this as the biggest threat to splitting us up since guilds started.
    The Rancor seemed hard at first but realistic that we would some day compete on heroic. I don't see that with the AAT Raid.

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    DarthR244D wrote: »
    The double the health is crazy. It actually makes you not want to even do a Normal raid if you can't do Heroic. My guild has a mix of whales to f2p. The Rancor allowed for this mix. Now we have to look at dropping some people who are newer to the game instead of helping them grow and enjoy the game so we can do Heroic raids.

85 won't solve the issue. It will help some. I am almost to 83 and the slight bumps I got for 81 and 82 I don't see going up 3 more will make things that much better. Other than allowing some key toons for the raid to go from X to XI in gear, which might help.

Normal is actually somewhere between 4-5 times the hp of heroic.
  • Also, why has normal to be more difficult than heroic?
    Also, put the 5 attacks cap on heroic too: if it's heroic it has to be more difficult not easier
  • DarthR244D wrote: »
    This is the sad reality of the new raid. The only foreseeable path to completing the raid in a reasonable fashion is to drop the lower guild members and merge with the top of another guild. It's very unfortunate to be put in this situation. Part of the fun of the guild is helping out the lower guys and watching the guild grow. This raid is a roadblock to that. I've been together with my guild since day one of guilds. I see this as the biggest threat to splitting us up since guilds started.
    The Rancor seemed hard at first but realistic that we would some day compete on heroic. I don't see that with the AAT Raid.

Yep it is sad.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Ing256 wrote: »
    Also, why has normal to be more difficult than heroic?
    Also, put the 5 attacks cap on heroic too: if it's heroic it has to be more difficult not easier

Attack cap on heroic makes no sense without roster refreshes
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Ing256 wrote: »
    Also, why has normal to be more difficult than heroic?

Attack cap on heroic makes no sense without roster refreshes

It doesn't make sense on normal either, especially if you are supposed to be adding depth to your roster and heroic guilds say you need every member to have 6 maxed squads.