AAT Priorities Fixes and Changes

lukeroks
304 posts Member
edited October 2016
I think that it's a little crazy that while the forums are exploding with criticism about the new raids difficulty, animation time, lack of strategy, and other issues we aren't getting balences or changes that we want/need, instead patching exploits that were allowing people to actually complete the AAT are being given the attention

This is the part were I sound like everyone else who has complained about the new raid but my guild is pretty strong we cruise through the heroic rancor in minutes. I'm middle of the pack for my guild and my arena power just hit 40k, I have three other good teams that vary from 35k-38k and my guild is only in phase III of the normal AAT!!! The amount of time that this raid takes is insane!

I dont think that people should try to exploit the game but I also don't really blame the people who used those exploits because it seems like one of the only ways to actually get through the raid in a reasonable amount of time. Also it just annoyed me that these minor issues are the main focus atm when there are so many changes that should take higher priority.

Edit: just realized that while I was writing this an update was posted addressing this topic but you guys can still disscus this if you want

Replies

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    I posted this in another thread:

There are a lot of things wrong with the balance between normal and heroic. Let's use Heroic as the baseline and assume it is balanced correctly:
    • In no way should normal have 4-5x the hp as Heroic.
    • In no way should guilds that can beat Heroic in less than 4 hours need a refresh to beat normal.
    • Mechanics in normal should not be the same as the mechanics in heroic. In most games mechanics are added to higher difficulty levels.
    • For instance, the top canon on the AAT should not insta-kill unbuffed toons in normal, that should be a heroic-only mechanic.
    • Also, Gen Grievous should need twice the number of attacks (or at least 1.5x) to reset his cd in normal than in heroic
    • If heroic is balanced around 5* mods, then normal should be balanced around 3 or 4* mods. To me this is a killer and like hp, a real destroyer of balance between normal and heroic.

Finally, as we begin to see more and more reports of the rewards for normal, those need to be adjusted up. There is no excuse for that with the current balance of the raid.
  • I agree with you completely on how some of the mechanics are way to strong to be put into the normal mode that's already extremely difficult, and that's why I'm glad that the devs broke the radio science and gave some reasoning behind why they're waiting on changes until everything is WAI