Please Don't Nerf Heroic AAT

Prev1
Phipps
1107 posts Member
First I would like to say my guild Mighty Chlorians originally failed heroic AAT.

Since then, we have finished 2 normal raids easily and have had our entire guild of 150 members working diligently on gearing toons, crafting strategy for the various phases, and restructuring our guilds to try and put together a team that can complete heroic.

Heroic is great the way it is now as it will still be a challenge months from now. Even once your guild is able complete it every time (unlike the PIT which everyone can basically solo beat), there will still be areas you can increase your performance to try and improve your reward payout within your guild.

Please don't remove or nerf the 1 awesome new content feature you've created that's finally focused on the dedicated players that have been playing the game since its launch.

My personal suggestions instead of nerfing heroic are the following;

1. Buff the current normal raid rewards to include 1/2 the General Kenobi shards of the heroic

2. Buff the gear salvage drops of the normal rewards, as it currently stands weaker guilds are never going to be able to progress in the game with the current AAT normal reward structure

3. Release a 3rd tier of the AAT that is essentially the same as the normal version just with the bosses health being nerfed (and no General Kenobi Shards)

Replies

• Options
    Very few if anyone is arguing for a nerf to heroic. Most of us just want lower tiers. Right now the average guild that finishes a T7 rancor in an hour or less is taking a week or 2-3 weeks to finish one tank raid.
  • Options
    I'd settle for adding a third tier but also cutting the hp of the "normal" raid by a bit.
  • Options
    Who is asking for a heroic nerf? Most guilds cant even finish normal. They needed to tier it and make normal attainable in faster than 2-4 weeks for most regular guilds.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    1. No one is asking for heroic to be nerfed
    2. Only Heroic should have Kenobi shards
    3. Normal is ridiculous and health should be reduced by half at least

Let's see how you feel next time when you can only use 50 people for a normal raid instead of the 150 you have been.
  • Options
    The problem is doing this u kill mid guilds and force to abandon lower players instead of help them.. Plus most of us cant get the gear u need at 85, and if u need 4 teams at gx + 5* good mods this can take a lot for many players, killing the New ones .... Stay a week doing 1 raid is not fun, when ur rng drops are usually bad, the Game should be for having fun not frustation, angry and people leaving... If they put 50% less hp sure all sayed this was a good raid, but nope u are forcing the people to Kick is lows
  • Nuttygunner
    243 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just asking for a lower tier, no nerf needed on normal or heroic, call it easy if you want...just something we can finish in 1 week. Oh and better rewards would be nice, but that might be asking for too much.
  • Options
    Swapping MODS for so many credits between teams for the AAT raids is terrible. This should be addressed. Also, it takes about 20 clicks to remove all the mods from a character. We need a button to remove all mods and then a confirmation click. 2 clicks! Let's get this thing done. OR EVEN BETTER would be the ability to SWAP an entire MOD set to another character. OMG. how awesome would this be?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Let's see how you feel next time when you can only use 50 people for a normal raid instead of the 150 you have been.

We have 3 separate guilds, that is where the 150 comes from. After the failed heroic attempt, we reshuffled our guild to put all the top players in one guild. Our top guild using only fifty players finished its most recent normal aat in two days. We are going to try Heroic again in two weeks, and we don't want it nerfed before then.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    If anything, just speed up the animation of the tank.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    As others have said, don't really want a nerf. What most people do want is.

1. Adding lower level tiers of difficulty.
    2. Improve the extremely crappy rewards.
    3. Speed up the tank animations.
    4. Tweak some of the mechanic so that the raid is actually fun, not a chore.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Options

We have 3 separate guilds, that is where the 150 comes from. After the failed heroic attempt, we reshuffled our guild to put all the top players in one guild. Our top guild using only fifty players finished its most recent normal aat in two days. We are going to try Heroic again in two weeks, and we don't want it nerfed before then.

How long is it taking your other 2x50 members to video monkeyed the new raid?
  • Options
    Lol.
    How long is it taking your other 2x50 members to complete the new raid?
  • Options
    So you guys failed a heroic and completed 2 normals since then?

• DarthBlartMC
    595 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Can you still finish the normal raid in a few days after the exploits were removed?
  • SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Three refreshes with 50 members. @DarthBlartMC
    Post edited by SpeeedDarkwalkers on
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

We use our 50 members that our in MC1 only .We don't need mercs to complete Normal tank raid we complete in 3 refreshes . Feel free to check our accts we welcome it . We made it halfway through phase 3 heroic in our failed attempt. Heroic is doable but needs all 50 in guild to be loaded and on at exact time coordinating attacks so no damage is wasted. That's the challenge not many guilds can manage that .I like the challenge but raid was developed for top 1 percent of player base . I agree if heroic tank is this difficult . The normal raid needs better reward and a lower tier added. The other 99per of player base deserves something .
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    So you guys failed a heroic and completed 2 normals since then?

That is correct.
    Empire Relic
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Can you still finish the normal raid in a few days after the exploits were removed?

We have never used an exploit, so the answer would be yes, because it has not changed anything for us.
    Empire Relic
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »

We use our 50 members that our in MC1 only .We don't need mercs to complete Normal tank raid we complete in 3 refreshes . Feel free to check our accts we welcome it . We made it halfway through phase 3 heroic in our failed attempt. Heroic is doable but needs all 50 in guild to be loaded and on at exact time coordinating attacks so no damage is wasted. That's the challenge not many guilds can manage that .I like the challenge but raid was developed for top 1 percent of player base . I agree if heroic tank is this difficult . The normal raid needs better reward and a lower tier added. The other 99per of player base deserves something .

Not accusing you of cheating, or using mercs, so no need to check anything. But OP made it sound as though you are using all 150 members for each raid (i.e. guild hopping). If you are not, then good for you.

If you are in OP's guild, how are the other two guilds doing with the normal? I mean, everyone knows it's possible to do a normal in a few resets if you have 50 players with 25 g10+ toons each. But after shunting your weaker members elsewhere, can they still do it in a reasonable amount of time?

And just to reiterate: I have never asked, nor have I seen a single person ask, for the HEROIC to be modified at all.
  • Options
    Lol.
    How long is it taking your other 2x50 members to complete the new raid?

Since we have taken the top players out of the other two, it is taking them quite a bit longer. On the plus side, with all the whales out of their guilds, they are placing higher in the Pit raid than ever before. The guild as a whole has been satisfied with the endeavor.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    Too much HP to do normal that fast IMO, you should be able to do heroic if that was the case
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Too much HP to do normal that fast IMO, you should be able to do heroic if that was the case

We had learned a lot from our earlier failure. Plus we have sorted all the top players into one guild now, the other two guilds are a ways from heroic.
    Empire Relic
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »

Not accusing you of cheating, or using mercs, so no need to check anything. But OP made it sound as though you are using all 150 members for each raid (i.e. guild hopping). If you are not, then good for you.

If you are in OP's guild, how are the other two guilds doing with the normal? I mean, everyone knows it's possible to do a normal in a few resets if you have 50 players with 25 g10+ toons each. But after shunting your weaker members elsewhere, can they still do it in a reasonable amount of time?

And just to reiterate: I have never asked, nor have I seen a single person ask, for the HEROIC to be modified at all.

I agree like I said other 99per of player base deserves something. We waited 3 months for this . I'm sure most feel like Santa left coal in there stockings. It's ridiculous really at current state getting 8 salvage xs 2 as reward and it takes most of the player base over a week to complete. Leave Heroic be boost rewards for Normal add a lower tier. Most of issues would be fixed. Just my opinion
  • Options
    Doesn't make sense to wait 2 weeks to do heroic if you can do normal that fast already
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, don't nerf it to only help the top guilds that are exploiting every crevice. Make the animation slower to get them to complain more.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Our other 2 guilds are happy now with the reorganization. We have players getting top rank in the pit that haven't before. They are struggling in the normal AAT tank to answer your question just like everybody else.
  • Options
    T6 raiding is pointless

Not worth the weeks it takes, just stupid
  • Options
    @Berimbolo not sure you realize just how much more difficult heroic is. Doing normal in 2 refreshes means wiggs was used twice or droids twice, or any of the really strong squads. It's a very big jump from normal to heroic.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    First I would like to say my guild Mighty Chlorians originally failed heroic AAT.

Since then, we have finished 2 normal raids easily and have had our entire guild of 150 members working diligently on gearing toons, crafting strategy for the various phases, and restructuring our guilds to try and put together a team that can complete heroic.

Heroic is great the way it is now as it will still be a challenge months from now. Even once your guild is able complete it every time (unlike the PIT which everyone can basically solo beat), there will still be areas you can increase your performance to try and improve your reward payout within your guild.

Please don't remove or nerf the 1 awesome new content feature you've created that's finally focused on the dedicated players that have been playing the game since its launch.

My personal suggestions instead of nerfing heroic are the following;

1. Buff the current normal raid rewards to include 1/2 the General Kenobi shards of the heroic

2. Buff the gear salvage drops of the normal rewards, as it currently stands weaker guilds are never going to be able to progress in the game with the current AAT normal reward structure

3. Release a 3rd tier of the AAT that is essentially the same as the normal version just with the bosses health being nerfed (and no General Kenobi Shards)

These suggestions are great. Heroic should be even harder than it was at release in my opionion. The problem is that it wasn't hard enough in proportion with the normal. I say this as someone who has beaten normal but not heroic yet.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I am also in this guild. We have examined our rosters and we believe that 2 weeks will give us the time to finish our current projects and come our next heroic attempt we should be able to comfortably beat heroic with no surprises. As for our other 2 guilds, it is taking a while to beat the normal raid, and the rewards are not worth it. OP made some good suggestions regarding giving guilds unable to beat heroic something worthwhile. Also, we understand that a large portion of the player base does not want the heroic tier to be nerfed, but some do, and the devs have stated that they have heard our feedback regarding the difficulty of the raid. Often times they react to strong feedback and rebalance something even if much of the playerbase is against it. The point of this thread is to allow the devs to hear the feedback of the portion (hopefully large) of the playerbase who does not want the heroic raid to be nerfed. If you agree that it should remain the same, please do not argue, but rather agree to the point and try to make sure the raid stays how we like it, and address any changes that you think should be made.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/