-

124Next

Replies

• Eradicated wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Show a video of some one beating a 7 star and fully geared QGJ/FOTP/Poe/Poggle/Luminara team.

I've beaten Naecabon's 70lvl team of QGJ, Geo, FOTP, Sid and Poe (all 7* and the toughest team at that moment) with my 62lvl team of 4* geo, 5* Poe, 5*Poggle, 7*ig-86 and 7*Sid (all FtP)!
    But it happens only if my Poe goes 1st)

That's highly unlikely, especially when Naecabon doesn't even notice your IGN, please stop false claims.

Nah he's right, he's a top player on my server.

To be fair though the one time I think you jumped ahead of me at 70 was the one time I accidentally used Phasma as lead instead of Sid ;) right now MegioN is the one really battling me daily for #1, but this is no surprise as he/she uses the exact same team comp and it's just a roll of the Poe dice.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    The video vs a Poe Team.
    12 seconds into the fight before you even got to take a turn, majority of your team was below half health. If the team had a Dooku, Leia, Rey, or GS. One of your characters would of easily been dead. If Your Lumi had been killed, ability blocked, or stunned. The outcome would of been drastically different.

As I said before ... this is a random fight with an "OP" Poe not winning the match by himself with similar power rating and FTP heroes.
    People are calling for a nerf on a single character but the problem is high damage chars one shooting 13k+ hp tanks, the video demostrates that you need synergy for Poe to be effective and damage values needs a balance.
    Dark wrote: »
    Show a video of some one beating a 7 star and fully geared QGJ/FOTP/Poe/Poggle/Luminara team.

As I posted before, I think FOTP's hp needs tweaking, the video shows a similar power rating match (22k).
    I beat QGJ/FOTP/Poe teams with this setup 40% of the time, again .. similar power rating.
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Updated the main to include Poe (see video from Dark).

I'm not sure what you're trying to show there. That is an awful Poe team as demonstrated by how horrible the AI runs it in the vid. JC and Lumi don't have any need for Poetection and there is no synergy on that team with Phasma as lead. It's probably doable on offense but its a terrible defensive team.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there demonstrating the problems and anyone at the top of a mature server leaderboard experiences them daily.

Exactly, synergy ... OP Characters win battles by themselves, in Poe's case he needs other chars to synergise (Leia, QGJ, GS, FOTP or any high damage dealer), people are calling for a Poe's nerf, the real problem is the speed, high damage dealer meta @Qeltar posted before the level cap update.

It's not really speed or high damage meta. There is a handful of characters that deal extrodinary amounts of damage. QGJ assist with 75% damage bonus. FOTP hits for 3 attacks and has huge HP. Put these two behind a fast tank with decent HP, self healing, expose, turn manipulation, and high tenacity and you start to have problems.

This guy .. did you ever read your own posts?
    High damage = Characters that deal extraordinary amount of damage .. still you have to disagree because .. why not?
    @pay2win trolling since soft lunch era.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Dark wrote: »
    The video vs a Poe Team.
    12 seconds into the fight before you even got to take a turn, majority of your team was below half health. If the team had a Dooku, Leia, Rey, or GS. One of your characters would of easily been dead. If Your Lumi had been killed, ability blocked, or stunned. The outcome would of been drastically different.

As I said before ... this is a random fight with an "OP" Poe not winning the match by himself with similar power rating and FTP heroes.
    People are calling for a nerf on a single character but the problem is high damage chars one shooting 13k+ hp tanks, the video demostrates that you need synergy for Poe to be effective and damage values needs a balance.

As I posted before, I think FOTP's hp needs tweaking, the video shows a similar power rating match (22k).
    I beat QGJ/FOTP/Poe teams with this setup 40% of the time, again .. similar power rating.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show there. That is an awful Poe team as demonstrated by how horrible the AI runs it in the vid. JC and Lumi don't have any need for Poetection and there is no synergy on that team with Phasma as lead. It's probably doable on offense but its a terrible defensive team.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there demonstrating the problems and anyone at the top of a mature server leaderboard experiences them daily.

Exactly, synergy ... OP Characters win battles by themselves, in Poe's case he needs other chars to synergise (Leia, QGJ, GS, FOTP or any high damage dealer), people are calling for a Poe's nerf, the real problem is the speed, high damage dealer meta @Qeltar posted before the level cap update.

It's not really speed or high damage meta. There is a handful of characters that deal extrodinary amounts of damage. QGJ assist with 75% damage bonus. FOTP hits for 3 attacks and has huge HP. Put these two behind a fast tank with decent HP, self healing, expose, turn manipulation, and high tenacity and you start to have problems.

High damage = Characters that deal extraordinary amount of damage .. still you have to disagree because .. why not?

I know you didn't even read it. I said there isn't really a speed or damage meta. ONLY a hand full of characters are capable of doing these things.

Look at characters like Dooku and Luke. Dooku is fast but doesn't produce a ton of damage and has medium HP. Luke has good damage, medium HP, and medium speed. Compare that to FOTP and QGJ. FOTP has the best damage in the game, higher HP than both Luke and Dooku, and the same speed as Luke. QGJ is fast, good to great damage with the assist call, and the same HP as Dooku and Luke.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    The video vs a Poe Team.

I know you didn't even read it. I said there isn't really a speed or damage meta. ONLY a hand full of characters are capable of doing these things.

Look at characters like Dooku and Luke. Dooku is fast but doesn't produce a ton of damage and has medium HP. Luke has good damage, medium HP, and medium speed. Compare that to FOTP and QGJ. FOTP has the best damage in the game, higher HP than both Luke and Dooku, and the same speed as Luke. QGJ is fast, good to great damage with the assist call, and the same HP as Dooku and Luke.

Speed = QGJ, Leia, GS, Rey, Poogle and Poe.
    High Damage = FOTP, Leia (broken), Rey and GS.
    So current meta = speed + high damage. Your solution ... troll the world.

just an example about a simple suggestion without trolling the entire planet.

quote="ThePedroKid;64452"]
    Wispsi wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-KpBYMBGEY
    Anyway I think FOTP's health at 7* needs tweaking

That's a Poe supported by a jc lumi Sid and phasma...

You did not read? poe is a problem because he hides huge dps and gives them first turn advantage...not he hides some healers with a phasma..

Pretty sure the op asked for video with both Poe and a high damage dealer...

Wait... So, now Poe is only OP when pair with a _very specific set up of other high powered characters_?

Sounds to me like someone developed a great synergistic high output team (which is what Poe is designed for... High risk/high reward teams) and others are mad they didn't think of it first and level their 'totally underpowered' Poe two weeks ago. Now, they are angry because the people who saw this team shaking out and leveled Poe are beating them. Surprise!

I'm sure it's no coincidence that these OP Poe teams also are using bugged/broken FOTP and (often Leia) as well?

Focus on bugged characters for fixing. Poe is fine as he is.[/quote]

• this is not a god team, a god team should have: poe, phasma, old ben(poggle the lesser), fotp, leia(rey)
    The video vs a Poe Team.

You did not read? poe is a problem because he hides huge dps and gives them first turn advantage...not he hides some healers with a phasma..

Wait... So, now Poe is only OP when pair with a _very specific set up of other high powered characters_?

Sounds to me like someone developed a great synergistic high output team (which is what Poe is designed for... High risk/high reward teams) and others are mad they didn't think of it first and level their 'totally underpowered' Poe two weeks ago. Now, they are angry because the people who saw this team shaking out and leveled Poe are beating them. Surprise!

I'm sure it's no coincidence that these OP Poe teams also are using bugged/broken FOTP and (often Leia) as well?

Focus on bugged characters for fixing. Poe is fine as he is.

[/quote]

QGJ/Geonosian Soldier/Rey/Leia are all fast, have extremely high damage, AND have decent survivability. These guys are way better than every other attacker besides FOTP. FOTP actually has more HP than Mace, Han, and Boba.

Poe is the best tank by far. Just like everyone is using the best attackers, they will use the best tank. Its a pretty simple concept.

There is no trolling about any of this. I know people love to call others a troll when they wish to discredit others but you are just doing yourself a disservice.

The truth is people are just using the best attackers and tank. The same thing happened with Barriss and I expect the same thing to happen to characters that are way above their counterparts.
  • Cyn wrote: »
    Since you're under the illusion you faced an FOTP/QGJ team, let me show you what
    Ohh snap ! Look at those health on FOTP!

The OP power level is other sign that he start over on a new server. Spend tons of money and claimed hes F2P.

Hes under an illusion indeed. His post is other desperate and very sad cry for attention.
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    Cyn wrote: »
    Since you're under the illusion you faced an FOTP/QGJ team, let me show you what
    Ohh snap ! Look at those health on FOTP!

The OP power level is other sign that he start over on a new server. Spend tons of money and claimed hes F2P.

Hes under an illusion indeed. His post is other desperate and very sad cry for attention.

Mmm when people don't read it hurts..... the team used can be obtained without spending money i am not a dirty F2P leech lol.
    The video vs a Poe Team.

Focus on bugged characters for fixing. Poe is fine as he is.

[/quote]

What? How does that make sense?

Just so you know...I do have a max level Poe, I don't use him very often (the characters I prefer to play with are not optimal and do not fit so well with Poe, like that healing squad) but I leveled him up mainly so had a backup for GW so I could make my entire team go first and use him as a bit of a sacrifice. So I am not complaining because I do not have him, I even have an iPhone so I got him free.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ABLE TO 1v5 TO BE OP.

Seriously though, what kind of stupid is that, since when is the definition of overpowered "can kill everything in the game solo without ever dying or losing"...I mean sure that WOULD be op...but overpowered literally means too powerful...

Synergies need to be considered in a team game.

Just for the sake of argument, lets look at a different, unlikely situation that shows how your line of thinking goes...imagine there is a character, fairly low damage, super high health. On their own they are considered one of the weakest characters in game, sure they never die but they never kill anything or add anything useful...except they have a special...if they get offense up their damage increases by 9001% and their attack resets on kill. This allows them to be paired with an offensive up buffer (and there are a couple of ways to get this buff on your team but only specific characters can accomplish it) and destroy an entire team without them being able to move 99% of the time...BUT WAIT! IT ONLY HAPPENS IN SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES! IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH OFFENSIVE UP AND THEY CANNOT GIVE THEMSELVES OFFENSIVE UP...guess it wouldn't be op...would be totally reasonable because IT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC SYNERGY TO WORK...and if you pair this "op" character with a bunch of healers NOTHING HAPPENS...

Please mate try following your logic through. how can you be so incredibly short sighted...obviously if you choose not to abuse the ability that your entire team can go first and load up on people who can swing the battle with a single move (of which there are many more than 1 and there is only 1 poe, so it is an entire meta change or it is a slight tweak to one guy...EITHER has been stated as being better, but asking for one small tweak is far more likely than asking for a wider change to the entire meta and usually much quicker) then yes, he will seem average...just like I could choose not to offensive up a character that turns from a fluffy bunny to a rampaging alien spaceship if given offensive up and watch him run around being a fluffy bunny going "DONT SEE YOUR PROBLEM GUYS, YOU JUST UPSET SOMEBODY ELSE DISCOVERED A GREAT SYNERGY, THIS FLUFFY BUNNY CANT WIN ANYTHING AT ALL ON HIS OWN"...

The strategy allows for first turn win without your opponent being able to make a move before they have basically already lost (barring ungodly amounts of luck and ai making the worst possible decision at every single turn). A synergy that has effectively no counterplay outside of "get your own one and 50/50 it" is overpowered, too powerful, EVEN IF IT CAN LOSE, EVEN IF THE INDIVIDUALS CAN ALL LOSE IN A COMPLETELY UNSYNERGISED TEAM FOCUSED AROUND A DIFFERENT STRATEGY TO THE ONE THEY WORK IN it is still too strong compared to everything else, and Poe is the one enabling it by going first and then allowing his entire team to go first.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Ok, take Poe out of the game and battles will be decided by whoever QGJ + GS, Leia or Rey combo goes first.
    Then you will find yourself posting the same **** all over the forums (again) .. this game is broken .. nerf that combo, buff my heroes, not spending **** .. bla bla bla.

Best analogy of the year btw @Wispsi. :V
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    I don't think you understand one bit about this situation, you're not even close to the Lvl where FOTP gets serious, right now you're the equivalent of say a 6th grader trying to understand college level calculus.

Well i shall see then at 70, but so far i am not impressed by this team. I will be sure to post a 65 and 70 post dealing with this.

No need, a ton of people already have.

I see complaints yes, but until i see it my self i just don't see it.

I wiped out this *god team* with alot less power and levels.

1. Poe is unbalanced when paired with high-damage characters.
    2. There are lots of high damage characters atm.
    3. Your video against Poe was against lumi and jc--not high dmg characters.
    4. Below is an example of some high-dmg characters with Poe. So now you have seen it yourself.

Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok, take Poe out of the game and battles will be decided by whoever QGJ + GS, Leia or Rey combo goes first.
    Then you will find yourself posting the same **** all over the forums (again) .. this game is broken .. nerf that combo, buff my heroes, not spending **** .. bla bla bla.

Best analogy of the year btw @Wispsi. :V

what? they will take turns, rng it out, have many more ways to be countered, not have even medium speed characters like fotp whose only balancing factor seems to be his speed go first along with everybody else on one team.

Go put a team like that full those characters without Poe against the same high burst team like that with a Poe...the Poe team will almost always win because it is the better team. Because Poe lets them all go first, and he is one of the fastest acting characters in the game.

look I dont like the 1/2shot meta either but there seems to be a number of characters who can achieve this so for all we know that is simply the style of game CG likes...given that, Poe is out of line.

Also the analogy followed your inferred logic of "characters are only op if they win games on their own, nothing to do with synergies", which it did...and showed that it very quickly becomes a silly argument. trying to consider balance only as an individual character issue when the game uses 5v5 teams with so many different possible synergies is just crazy...of course every synergy for the entire of this game has not been perfectly balanced and tested already rofl ignoring one that shows itself as too powerful because "well in the complete opposite style of team than they are intended for, they basically do not do very much" is just...I dunno i dont have words for such thoughts lol its not even something i have a huge problem with in game, i have a poe to use when i wish and i know who i can use him with, i just think something so obviously broken is stupid to have in a game. There should not be such an obviously clear best.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Eradicated wrote: »

I've beaten Naecabon's 70lvl team of QGJ, Geo, FOTP, Sid and Poe (all 7* and the toughest team at that moment) with my 62lvl team of 4* geo, 5* Poe, 5*Poggle, 7*ig-86 and 7*Sid (all FtP)!

Key lessons here...

1. Stars are overrated because they don't provide more benefit than the abilities of the toons. Poe still works just as effectively as 3* as he does at 7* if he's geared. Lesson....if you are F2P or watching resources, don't bother right now with farming stuff to 7* and blowing a million credits. Get diversity of skills in your roster.
    2. Levels are overrated to the extent that they just add stats and the gear is not materially beneficial that unlocks at the higher level
    3. Poe is the dream toon for F2P...that was my point in the Poe before 70 patch thread. You basically as a F2P have a 50/50 shot vs. the top teams / players in the game that have spend $1000s on chromes if you have your team configured correctly.

It's debatable though if that is good for the game (#3). If you get no advantage for paying, or not a materially advantage...why would people pay? Then how does the game thrive and grow? Also, if there really isn't a counter to Poe down the road...how long will people want to play the 50/50 Poe coin flip?

I'm interested to see what CG does on this topic going forward. I'll be happy to get closure either way,...will tell us how they intend to manage the game in the future.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    Eradicated wrote: »

That's highly unlikely, especially when Naecabon doesn't even notice your IGN, please stop false claims.

Nah he's right, he's a top player on my server.

To be fair though the one time I think you jumped ahead of me at 70 was the one time I accidentally used Phasma as lead instead of Sid ;) right now MegioN is the one really battling me daily for #1, but this is no surprise as he/she uses the exact same team comp and it's just a roll of the Poe dice.

Takes a big man to admit this ... props to you...but, I must say that's surprising a bit. That's a pretty big gap in levels. Shows how powerful the early offenses stuff is. In general, I think they provide too little of a payoff for star promotion. The promotion to 7* generally is hardly noticeable, it should be a significant boost. I've been disappointed in general with the 7* promotion and think it should provide the greatest % increase, not be a hollow display trophy. This is another topic in general....but this has bugged me about the game. Hardest thing to accomplish at building the character and it provides a modest benefit. That doesn't make sense.