When applying a debuff, what counts?

My QGJ potency is 85%, and 5s potency is 46%. Yet, in the raid, fighting against Gamorrean capt. QGJ remove TM is more resisted that 5s slow down. I have experienced this in several raids, so those are not just a few observations. I take into consideration that QGJ has 65% of probability to remove TM, so I only consider those events whether he is resisted or there is a TM reduction.
Is possible that different debuffs have different threshold to be implemented? I thought that only attacker potency and defender tenacity was taken into account, regardless of the ability.
Any thoughts? Anyone else experienced something similar?
Thanks

Replies

• Paarngfig
    112 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I have the same thing occurring but between QGJ and Rex.

I think it is more the actual stats of the buff; QGJ TM removal is 65% of the time so therefore it will only attempt to stick 65% of the time and then may get resisted.

Rex TM removal is not a percentage, it is absolute, but again it does not always stick and gets resisted... but it sticks FAR, FAR more often then GGJ who has like a 30-40% removal rate. My Rex has a removal rate closer to 80%. ...and to clarify this even further my Rex has a potency around 45% and my QGJ has a potency of 100.7!

So there you have it ; just a theory of mine but I cannot come up with any other explanation how 45% potency is better than 100.7!
  • Thanks Paarngfig. I took into account the 65% chance of QGJ TM removal. So, with that, as you also experienced, is more resisted, even though has way higher potency. Here there is either a bug, or something about the mechanics of the game I don't fully understand.