Yoda tenacity up not working properly in tank takedown

MBL_66
2465 posts Member
I started out the battle by using battle meditation and while it blocked every other negative status effect, DOTs from GG weren't resisted.

59luDVk.jpg

Replies

• Is it possible that they have tenacity down from GG laugh? You'd have to press on your team's buffs to see if it's there since tenacity up would be covering it.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Our team tested this on Android and was unable to reproduce the issue you've described. Units with Tenacity Up from Yoda resist the DoT as long as they have the buff active.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Baleful Laugh can inflict Tenacity Down, which is not resistible.
    Since the update on 09/28/2016
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016
    Tenacity Down has been improved to reduce Tenacity by the same amount that Tenacity Up increases Tenacity

Tenacity down basically negates tenacity up. Unfortunately both Icons do not show.
    If you watch when he does Baleful Laugh and you have tenacity up you will see the red "TENACITY" flash on the character indicating that tenacity down landed.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Baleful Laugh can inflict Tenacity Down, which is not resistible.
    Since the update on 09/28/2016
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016
    Tenacity Down has been improved to reduce Tenacity by the same amount that Tenacity Up increases Tenacity

Tenacity down basically negates tenacity up. Unfortunately both Icons do not show.
    If you watch when he does Baleful Laugh and you have tenacity up you will see the red "TENACITY" flash on the character indicating that tenacity down landed.

@CG_Kozispoon

So is tenacity down not being resistable WAI?

I will attempt to recreate this again tomorrow when my guild runs another raid and this this time I'll make a video.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I finally got time to make that video of it happening

@CG_Kozispoon

https://youtu.be/9OnWW3_u4Mc
  • @MBL_66 - this is WAI.

if you go to 32-33s in your video you will see that just as GG does his laugh your JE and IG86 get the red 'tenacity' down indicator. This is why they (and only they) then get the DOTs on them.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Sarryen wrote: »
    @MBL_66 - this is WAI.

if you go to 32-33s in your video you will see that just as GG does his laugh your JE and IG86 get the red 'tenacity' down indicator. This is why they (and only they) then get the DOTs on them.

But if I have tenacity up then tensity down should be resisted because it is a negative status effect. Also I did notice which is why I clicked on JE's status bar and it didn't show the tenacity down along with the tenacity up
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    This definitely happens to me as well. I will post a screen shot tomorrow after our refresh. Also is battle meditation supposed to resist the B2 buff immunity? Because that move wipes the tenacity fist from everyone when used.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    This definitely happens to me as well. I will post a screen shot tomorrow after our refresh. Also is battle meditation supposed to resist the B2 buff immunity? Because that move wipes the tenacity fist from everyone when used.

B2 dispels with his AOE in addition to applying the debuff so yes that is wai
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @MBL_66 - tenacity down can't be resisted (if it procs) and they have changed it recently so it exactly cancels out tenacity up (previously it didn't reduce tenacity anything like as much as tenacity up increased it so it looked like it was resisted or had no effect). So basically in your video it's as if JE and IG86 have no tenacity up or down at all (they exactly cancel). This how/why GG is able to land the dots.

I agree that they need a better way of displaying this in the game, but I think the mechanics are correct.
  • Limited UI spacing is kinda the #1 culprit for misunderstandings like this - having them cancel out specifically nerfs/buffs certain characters and doesn't account for variable length of duration.

There's no real nice way to solve something like this.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Sarryen wrote: »
    @MBL_66 - tenacity down can't be resisted (if it procs) and they have changed it recently so it exactly cancels out tenacity up (previously it didn't reduce tenacity anything like as much as tenacity up increased it so it looked like it was resisted or had no effect). So basically in your video it's as if JE and IG86 have no tenacity up or down at all (they exactly cancel). This how/why GG is able to land the dots.

I agree that they need a better way of displaying this in the game, but I think the mechanics are correct.

Yes I underrating it can't be resisted and has been like that since it was introduced but I'm asking why? Every other negative status effect has a potency/tenacity check and I have yet to see confirmation that it being irresistible is wai
  • I think the idea is that tenacity down would be essentially useless if it needed a potency check. The reason you are using it is to reduce high tenacity (e.g. the rancor) so that low potency toons can use their debuffs. If it is always resisted then there is no point in using it at all!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    When it comes to equal opposing negative status effects (Speed Up / Speed Down, Defense Up / Defense Down, Tenacity Up / Tenacity Down, etc) applied on the same target, they cancel each other out. So the game mechanics are correct, the only issue here is the UI limitation in the sense that it doesn’t currently support both a buff and debuff using the same icon. This has been flagged as a bug, so its on the teams radar, but with other aspects taking priority, I cannot provide a timeline as to when this will be addressed.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    When it comes to equal opposing negative status effects (Speed Up / Speed Down, Defense Up / Defense Down, Tenacity Up / Tenacity Down, etc) applied on the same target, they cancel each other out. So the game mechanics are correct, the only issue here is the UI limitation in the sense that it doesn’t currently support both a buff and debuff using the same icon. This has been flagged as a bug, so its on the teams radar, but with other aspects taking priority, I cannot provide a timeline as to when this will be addressed.

@CG_Kozispoon so you're saying that having tenacity up not blocking tenacity down is working as intended? And what about the fact that tenacity down can't be resisted?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    MBL_66 wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon so you're saying that having tenacity up not blocking tenacity down is working as intended? And what about the fact that tenacity down can't be resisted?

This has been this way for a long time. Tenacity down has always been able to land through tenacity up. It is not just with the recent changes to make the magnitudes of the tenacity modifier equal for Up vs Down.

I believe it has been mentioned somewhere before that this is a design feature as @Sarryen has mentioned. Requiring a high potency to land tenacity down defeats the purpose of the debuff.

If you have ever used Dengar in the Rancor raid, you will have noticed that Tenacity Down will always land if Mini mine mayhem crits (i.e. unresistable).