How to Track 600/600 daily for your Entire Guild.

Stormy
951 posts Member
edited October 2016
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share how Team Instinct tracks it's members to ensure everyone is always 600/600 raid tickets (formally known as coins) - and How you can tell who is short, and exactly how much they are short!

**Doing it the way I'm about to show you, you don't need any spreadsheets or help outside of the game, and ANYONE in the guild can easily open up and see who is short- it's readable and understandable GUILD WIDE, and all the information is easily right there INSIDE the game!**

We all know "Daily Raid Tickets" is inaccurate - and once it's fixed, this information will no longer be valid, as we'll have the proper way to track working as intended.

Is anything accurate?

YES! "Lifetime Raid Tickets" are accurate!

O8fnLmJ.png

So how do I use this to track my guild mates daily progress?

You need everyone to have "life time tickets" that are dividable by 600, when the player has either 0/600 or 600/600.

Step 1. A day or 2 before hand, alert everyone that if they don't have a lifetime ticket count dividable by 600 when they are 600/600, then they will need to "reset."

"Reset" means they will need to leave the guild, and rejoin the guild, to start the counter over on "lifetime raid tickets"

Step 2. Plan to RESET everyone immediately after a guild reset, this ensures no one wastes energy doing their 600/600, as well as make it possible to see who needs reseting.

Step 3. When your planned RESET comes; Immediately after the normal guild reset hits, Goto your guild, and sort by:
O8fnLmJ.png

Step 4. Then, Sort High to Low for ease of view.

Step 5. Remove members who have a lifetime number that is not dividable by 600.

Step 6. As soon as they are removed, either invite them back, or ask them to join back ASAP.

Now what?
Everyone will be 100% Trackable at this point forward only in the view of "lifetime raid tickets"
O8fnLmJ.png

Not everyone will have the same lifetime, THAT'S FINE! You are looking for numbers that are not dividable by 600.

In these screens, I know all these people are 600, because the guild is 30k, and all these people have dividable numbers by 600:
veuhwxX.png

IF we were short from having 30k, I would simply look to see who had totals that were not dividable.

Lets say Player A has 18,500

And Player B has 8,263

All other players have dividable by 600 counts.

This tells me, Player A is short 100 energy (18,600 is marker he should be at) and Player B is short 137 energy (since 8400 is the marker to be at for a dividable 600 number)

Now I know exactly who is short, and by how much- EXACTLY!

Few tips:
>It takes coordinating and strong communication, ensuring everyone in the guild knows that the guild will be rolling out a plan to get everyone on a tracking count. You don't want people to be confused about the plan or why they got removed. Plan early and get the information out ahead of time!

>Don't do it during a raid. Plan it to be between raids.

>Allow players a 6 hour or more window to have time to get back into the guild after the reset, before you start a raid (otherwise they will prob be locked out of that raid).

>Always plan to reset right after your guild reset, otherwise you don't honestly know who was already dividable by 600, and spent some coins for that day, making their lifetime count look inaccurate.

> You'll easily see patterns on what the break points should be for everyone's lifetime, so figuring out "what number is dividable by 600" will come very easily, and it won't be complex

What if someone is short one day?

If they come up short, it means their lifetime will now be off every day forward. In Team Instinct, if anyone is short, we remove them before the reset, bring an alt in and score 600/600 quick, to ensure the Team gets the full 30k. After reset, we remove the alt, allow the 'offender' to come back (thus resetting them back to lifetime being dividable by 600), and give them a raid penalty, since they just caused us to remove them and score 600/600 in one sitting on an alt. If your guild wants to stay on top of 600 management, you'll need to reset people after they mess up (of course, the penalty is whatever you want there to be, if one). You could always just cash in less than 30k that day, and then ask the person to reset, to ensure easy tracking once more.

Happy to answer any Q/A on this - Hope it helps!

Stormy
Team Instinct
Post edited by Stormy on

Replies

• Dang. Glad I'm not TI. I always do 600/600 everyday but you guys are strict :joy:
  • If someone does zero, you wouldnt know who s lacking.
    Right?
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I just wish the Devs would include weekly ticket totals in the guild management function.
    Would make things so much easier.
  • DarthR244D
    292 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Everyone if playing daily should hit 600. It hurts your entire guild, regardless of what level of raid you are doing, because you can't do them as often as you should be.

I never thought of this. Nice Job Stormy.

With that said, just fix the daily tracking in the guild management.
  • The weekly counts were accurate, and they took it away without any reason. Decisions like that have people wondering why because there was never an answer.
    Right?

Correct, if you were short 600, and everyone was dividedable 600 lifetime, you would have to screenshot everyone's life time, and the following day figure out who doesn't move
  • IF someone did zero, you would likely see them at zero on the daily activity. Even on non ls/ds/hard/cantina days, it would be odd to hit the daily activity and do nothing towards the 600.
  • That's just too much work just to track player contribution. :( Really wish the next updates add some QoL changes to ease our pain!
  • I track daily in a spreadsheet from lifetime totals. It's 99% accurate but there are still bugs whereas a person does their 600 and their lifetime total is not updated. I think it happens when someone burns energy right before the reset and there isn't enough time for the app to update it, then subsequent days are off by that amount. So you have to ask members for a ****. It's ridiculous they can't get this right.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Chewychuck wrote: »
    IF someone did zero, you would likely see them at zero on the daily activity. Even on non ls/ds/hard/cantina days, it would be odd to hit the daily activity and do nothing towards the 600.

0 is actually easy to get in daily, just use 600 energy within few minutes after guild resets, daily ticket is unreliable information as there is no way to guarantee it counts, one time I actually got 0 in daily despite starting to spend energy 14 hours after guild reset, so you can't use the daily count list for jack

But I agree it would be odd to not playing for a whole day and not informing your guildies
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Stormy wrote: »
    YES! "Lifetime Raid Tickets" are accurate!
    They're not always accurate. I had 10 missing on my 2nd day in my guild.

• A well made spreadsheet makes tracking this effortless.

Yes, that's an option too, however, I wanted everyone to understand how to do it without going outside of the game, and anyone in the entire guild can see/track without leaving the game.
  • How the hell do you NOT make 600 in a day..
  • Good stuff Stormy! Thanks for posting man.

We'll probably stick with screenshots since we have set things up that way but this is probably less work overall unless you have guys missing a lot.
  • Dang. Glad I'm not TI. I always do 600/600 everyday but you guys are strict :joy:

TI is not strict. After you become a member the only basic requirement is generate your 600 coin per day, which is extremely easy to do. Of course you also need to participate in raids and stay active, but doing your 600 coin per day is a requirement in the majority of all top guilds. Most active players can easily do this with little or no investment.
  • I just make everyone in my guild post a screenshot to discord for their 600/600 everyday and have an officer in charge of keeping track of the totals. Works ok for us.

This.

However lifetime is not always accurate. A couple of members have had 16 (always that number) guild coins missing.
  • Nice post, Stormy. Thanks for clueing the community into how Team Instinct does it. I track my guild with a spreadsheet, which does have its benefits, but I love the simplicity of seeing things divisible by 600. Lots to think about, here…
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Great idea thx
    Right?

Then you'd check last login. Anyone that has zero is likely over 24 hours from their last.
  • We often have those that are short every day due to limitations of the game itself. including myself. However, there are those that make other contributions. Our leader often does not make daily contributions and is not very active
    We have lots leave the guild and have weeded out those that do not contribute at all. The ones that join usually are very interactive cause they have lots to "prove" when they join.
  • And if they are you boot them from the guild!!!
  • Irwinthegreatt
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Seems like a lot of work from the guild members themselves. Here's an alternative. What my guild does is just screenshot Liftime Tickets after reset and check to see who was short (if the 30,000 for the day was short that day) by comparing them to the previous day's screen shots. We don't even need to look at them if the guild did full 30,000. And we don't need to look at the people who have 600 displayed on the manage page. Probably just as effective as OP method but this is a lot less work for the guildies and more for the officers/leader. Also wouldn't want to risk getting my guild members marked as exploiters for leaving the guild and rejoining. And also would hate for them to be locked out of the guild exchange for 24 hours when they leave.
  • It would just be better if they added a column for "Previous Dailies Coin". This is just to track the last day's Coins.

The Daily is very inaccurate and should just be removed.

Or the Daily should only track the current day's coins so you can see who is not meeting their dailies before reset.

• It is so **** silly that people have to jump through hoops for this kind of information. It's just simple statistical computations. The game should provide this data... an intern should be able to write the code for this. I'm not exaggerating - this is entry level code writing.

The weekly contribution was good enough for a huge number of guilds out there. It was the only tracked contribution that was all that useful. The daily changes too frequently and is inaccurate. The lifetime varies greatly depending upon how long the person has been in guild. The weekly was the perfect sweet spot in between. People who were inactive showed up with giant neon signs in the weekly.
  • Or... they could just fix the daily counter. :| How hard can it be?
  • As a guy that ran the spreadsheet for 2 months, I'd hardly say effortless.

Nagging and just typing in the totals to the spreadsheet is kind of time consuming.

That said it was 99% accurate.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    This works for everyone who has always donated 600 but as soon as they miss it one day, it's off from then on. Then you need the spreadsheet to know if they were off today or some previous day.

I keep a weekly sheet which takes about 10 minutes at most to update but our guild is a little less restrictive and just require 2000 weekly donations. Most members hit the maximum anyways so it's not an issue other than knowing someone quits playing without saying anything.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    This works for everyone who has always donated 600 but as soon as they miss it one day, it's off from then on. Then you need the spreadsheet to know if they were off today or some previous day.

I keep a weekly sheet which takes about 10 minutes at most to update but our guild is a little less restrictive and just require 2000 weekly donations. Most members hit the maximum anyways so it's not an issue other than knowing someone quits playing without saying anything.

As long as it's a multiple of 600 they should be fine, and if it isn't then just let them know you're kicking them so they can rejoin quickly
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!