Light side stage 9 battles

Prev1
msb14
301 posts Member
I've used ewoks for most of the light side battles. I'll be level 82 in the next couple of days and unlock stage 9. Should I continue with ewoks or switch to a wiggs squad? I have wiggs, STHan, JKA, ackbar, Rey, etc. Only key character i'd be missing is Lando (I know, I'm slacking.) lol what do you guys think? Especially those of you that have beaten stage 9 already.

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I had a pretty easy time of it with Wiggs, but the last battle on hard mode was rough. I'm assuming using a less them optimized squad will leave you with a less than desirable result.

I dont know that Ewoks will be able to dps race well enough and they cant sustain so they probably lose. The enemies in LS 9 hard nodes do huge single target and AOE damage, 10-30k or so, so you need to burn them down before they gets more than a few actions off per node.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »
    I had a pretty easy time of it with Wiggs, but the last battle on hard mode was rough. I'm assuming using a less them optimized squad will leave you with a less than desirable result.

I dont know that Ewoks will be able to dps race well enough and they cant sustain so they probably lose. The enemies in LS 9 hard nodes do huge single target and AOE damage, 10-30k or so, so you need to burn them down before they gets more than a few actions off per node.

Hmmm ok, that's something to think about. Thanks for the response!
  • Wiggs, Lando and JKA were key for be beating all of LS 9 battles. I had to redo a few of the battles due to RNG to 3 star them all out.
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    Wiggs, Lando and JKA were key for be beating all of LS 9 battles. I had to redo a few of the battles due to RNG to 3 star them all out.

Alright sounds like Wiggs it is. And I should probably start farming Lando while I'm at it lol thanks!
  • U need to borough Old ben from an ally on 2nd hard level when u fight Embo.....use mind tricks to block to Aoe cartel guys
    Take out the Aoe guys first,then Embo and last Boba
    Dont try to take out Boba first....u kill him...and he revives......he does 15k damage aoe
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    U need to borough Old ben from an ally on 2nd hard level when u fight Embo.....use mind tricks to block to Aoe cartel guys
    Dont try to take out Boba first....u kill him...and he revives......he does 15k damage aoe

One of my allies has a maxed old Ben, hopefully he's still the leader for his light side teams. Thanks for the advice!
  • I went through level 8 with a pretty weird squad:

Nebit (L), JE, Jawa, Anakin, and IGD. I'm guessing from the sound of things, this won't cut it on level 9...
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    I went through level 8 with a pretty weird squad:

Nebit (L), JE, Jawa, Anakin, and IGD. I'm guessing from the sound of things, this won't cut it on level 9...

Not even close.....only way to beat stage 9 is with Wiggs and Lando...also sthan is a must for tm manipulation.......enemy has over 200 speed
  • msb14 wrote: »
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    U need to borough Old ben from an ally on 2nd hard level when u fight Embo.....use mind tricks to block to Aoe cartel guys

One of my allies has a maxed old Ben, hopefully he's still the leader for his light side teams. Thanks for the advice!

Dont use a maxed old ben! G8-9, no mods! Use mindtricks and hope he dies quick... His buffs can carry you through
  • I got through normal with a couple of 2*, but 9A Hard - forget it! Too much speed and AoE.
  • Loool.....i have all 3*
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I used to use ewoks for battles as well because they could control fights and elder can get you 3 stars from a tight fight. This does not work anymore, Embo will rip their heads off and wear their bodies like onesies
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Hobnob wrote: »
    I used to use ewoks for battles as well because they could control fights and elder can get you 3 stars from a tight fight. This does not work anymore, Embo will rip their heads off and wear their bodies like onesies

Despite the difficulty, I'm glad Embo is awesome. He was one of my favorite characters from the Clone Wars series. Hopefully he gets more use than Cad Bane and Boba Fett once he's released.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @msb14 hey! Leave boba out of it! I use him to climb to the top but have to change for defence!
    Cad Bane is woeful, let's all pray for Embo!
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    @Hobnob haha I love Boba! One of the first characters I took to 7*. But now he's stuck at gear 8 because I can't bring myself to sink anymore raid gear into him.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @msb14 it's not advisable, I'm nearly at gear 11 now but farming that gold stuff is so hard when you are 8 days into a t6 AAT!
    It's a passion of love so wouldn't recommend it but his leader ability combined with lando and Anakin produces hilarious aoe damage. But essentially you lose out on the other side because he could be someone else! :smile:
    Apologies for hijacking the thread.
  • Has anyone reported whose shards are given? I can't find anything on that beyond 9A.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    Has anyone reported whose shards are given? I can't find anything on that beyond 9A.

No character shards drop from 9B onwards
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Parableman wrote: »
    Has anyone reported whose shards are given? I can't find anything on that beyond 9A.

That's the only one so far.
  • Level 9 normal = piece of cake...

Hard = Not so much :(
  • Bentwoodie wrote: »
    Level 9 normal = piece of cake...

Hard = Not so much :(
    Hence the name haha :p
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • How do you pass lvl 9a hard with dengar??
  • With a borrowed wedge and my rebel squad (AA lead, Lando, Leia, Biggs, and HRSc), I've made it nearly halfway through without a scratch. The one time I borrowed JKA, I only 2* the node.
  • cant even pass 9a normal.
    the cake is a lie
  • Has anyone managed to beat 9-A Hard? I keep getting wiped out on the last round
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    stumpoman wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to beat 9-A Hard? I keep getting wiped out on the last round

Same i already wasted 80 energy trying
  • I finished all the battles of the stage 9 on normal difficulty (3 stars).

But the hard nodes are very, very, VERY insane. Only I managed to win the first with a star. The second battle and the following I did not even try.
  • Please, is there a guide or anything to help? Plz, plz!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Wedge lead, Biggs, Lando, Ani, filler(used Rex) and borrowed Old Ben
    You'll need good RNG but I got through nodes 2-4 with this squad.
    Node 2 is definitely the hardest of the 4, with all the AOEs going around a counter squad would work very well (IGD, Aayla, Fives, Ani, etc.)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • cant even pass 9a normal.

glad to hear I'm not the only one. Have been feeling like an **** for this.