Nightsister Healers - Modify or Reclassify

Barriss, JC, and Lumi are real healers.
  • Barriss has health equalization that ignores healing immunity, plus heal. Also a team heal on basic attack.
  • JC has the shortest healing cooldowns, and a chance to shorten it further on basic attack. He also heals himself on his special attack.
  • Luminara has a powerful heal, plus heal over time. And she hits harder than many attackers.

Nightsister "healers" are a joke.
  • Old Daka has a weak heal and a chance to revive. She should be classified as a control/support character.
  • Talia has a decent heal that damages herself. It's like Luminara's heal, except no heal over time, and she can't do as much damage. True, there's turn meter gain, but it's not as useful as you think it would be. I'm all on board with Talia damaging herself to give her allies turn meter and health, but it would only make sense if she had a larger health pool to sacrifice from.
  • Nightsister Acolyte can only heal 10% of her own health, and only on a critical hit. Seriously, she's a "healer"?

Replies

• Might as well reclassify the tanks that aren't really tanks. 5s, Savage, Boba
  • Pangogo wrote: »
    Might as well reclassify the tanks that aren't really tanks. 5s, Savage, Boba

They seem pretty tanky, but maybe it's because they can't taunt?

Sorry, I only have energy to advocate for Nightsister issues. :*
  • I just think the tank reclassifying is more relevant than the nightsister healers. A tank that can't force attackers to attack him/her isn't a tank at all.

Talia is more of a healer than 5s is a tank. NS Acolyte, regardless of how crappy she is, can still heal therefore her justification as a healer is better than Boba being a tank.

As for Daka, she's a awesome healer. Just because she's not as good as Luminara doesn't take away from the fact that she's still a good healer that can revive.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The tank misclassification sucks, but I believe that it's worse for healers because healers are semi-priority-targeted by AI.

The last thing Talia needs is to be targeted. Target my stupid nightsister initiate instead!
  • Sounds like you need a tank. Make sure you get one that can taunt!
  • Pangogo wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a tank. Make sure you get one that can taunt!

Sounds like Poe! :#
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Tanks are mostly fine. You'll notice the tank units tend to fall into 3 categories:
    1.) Can taunt (Chewie, Poe, etc.)

2.) Can do damage (I.E. Finn's crack shot, Mace's basic with defense up already, etc.) or apply debuffs (Fives' slow, Savage's offense down, despite not actually being classified a tank, etc.) that could end up turning the tide in the long run, thus, forcing opponents to keep them in check sooner than you'd normally expect.

3.) Having something up their sleeve that can make you regret saving them for last.

Han and Obi tend to stand apart as exceptions to the general rule. Obi you don't want to kill early due to the buffs he grants. Han, you don't want to hit while his taunt is up, but the longer he's alive, the more likely he's severely messing up your team.

To the TC: Lumi DOES do a good bit more than any other light-side healer, but she's classified as an attacker, so I'm actually lost to the whole point of the topic by comparison.
  • SinnerWill wrote: »
    To the TC: Lumi DOES do a good bit more than any other light-side healer, but she's classified as an attacker, so I'm actually lost to the whole point of the topic by comparison.

Wow I never paid attention to this fact. I always felt like something was missing when I run the healer event and now I know it's Lumi because she's actually not a healer.