LUMI is better than we think

Prev1
Sgt_Strategy
114 posts Member
edited January 2016
Obviously Lumi is considered the best in the game along side sid and daka, for the main reason that it is easy to get them to 7 stars. Because of this, some say that Lumi is only good now because she will equal out when all the other characters reach 7*, but is that true?

Looking at some of the other characters ive seen at 6 and 7*, here is a list of toons ive seen ranked up pretty good, at least 6*, gear 7 and level 55

Ewok scout
Teebo
Ewok elder (whos DECENT)
Royal guard
Biggs
Underworld police
FOST
Hoth rebel/ scout
Storm trooper
Veers
Ashoka
Tarkin
Talia
Nightsister acolyte/initiate
Resistance trooper/pilot
Mace (DECENT)
Ima gundi (DECENT)
Plo koon
Kit fisto
Eeth koth
Lando (DECENT)
Clone sgt
Snowtrooper

Ive faced all of these at all that apply above. They all stink. Its quite obvious that Lumi and sids lead over everyone else will dim down, but im just saying, its still gonna be there.
Now yes some like maul and barriss and quigon and anakin and aayla will catch up a bit, but mark my word, Lumi and Daka will still be elite healers, and Sid will still be the lead attacker

Replies

• Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You think Ewok Elder is garbage as well as Lando lol.
  • Options
    Ewok Elder is amazing. I just wish he was easier to farm :P
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    6*, gear 7 and level 55

lol.

• Wolf_359
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The Nightsister Acolyte's Sacrificial Magicks will dispel all negative affects on your toons and advance the Nightsister Acolytes turn meter. It has come in handy a time or two.

Luminara is awesome. But I wouldn't say Nightsister Acolyte sucks.
  • Options
    One good High ranked toon does not a good squad make. And a bad squad does not make a good toon bad...
    --Nud Stark--
  • Sgt_Strategy
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    You think Ewok Elder is garbage as well as Lando lol. .
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    Ewok Elder is amazing. I just wish he was easier to farm :P

Ok maybe he doesnt stink but ive vs him quite a few times and he was gone after dem blows and mauls AOE. Maybe withouht that power it would be different.
    So hes decent i just destroy him
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey Sarge, for a guy with "Strategy" in your moniker, I would hope to actually find some. I think you're going to get busted down to Private.
    "Private Retreat" sounds like a very charming vacation spot, you might want to change your name, mull it over.

That's ridiculous saying they all stink. If they're not used in the right setting, sure but with the right synergy, some, and probably most, could be really good.
    It's just that for some options, like clones for example, the choices are limited right now to develop good synergy through lack of appropriate toons.

Once they add more clones for instance, a Plo led clone team would probably do very well against a stealth team.
    Once Vader is starred up, him leading an Empire team with Veers, Tarkin Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper would probably kick butt, particularly against a rebel squad with Luke/Leia/Han which isn't uncommon at all.

Do you know that Ewok Elder is the only toon in the game with guaranteed revive and one of only four toons that can debuff cleanse an entire squad? (along with Akbar and Lobot plus Nightsister Acolyte on finishing blow)

I've already seen some high level all Nightsister teams and once they fix the leader speed boost not working for round 1 and Ventress' debuff bug, watch out. Nightsister Initiate hits a ton plus has DOT on her basic and can apply enemy buff immunity. A high level Talia can heal in a pinch and give bonus turn meter, Acolyte has stealth and debuff cleanse on finishing blow. If you include Daka's special, all Nightsisters except Initiate have some form of self and/or group healing.

Biggs has "ship synergy" so who knows how he'll work in future when additional functionality is added.

Ima Gun Di was the bomb leading my all Jedi squad, including Mace and a low level Ahsoka, through the first half of level 7 LS battles against Nightsister squads featuring Oppress with level 65 gear VIII Boss Daka and for the second half against level 68, Gear IX, Boss Palpatine (yes you heard that right, not Sid, Palpatine), and gear VIII Vader, Royal Guard and Stormtrooper. And my Ima Gun Di is only 4*, level 45, with level 3 ability!!!
    He was giving counters to the rest of the Squad that decimated the opposition sometimes sending three and four Jedi in at a time to counter Ventress' or Vader's AoE. Mace is tanky enough to take quite a pounding and was instrumental in removing Papatine's Offense Up buff before he could unload it on anyone.

Point is, a place for every toon, and every toon in their place.

If you want a one-size-fits-all team then, no, these aren't the toons you're looking for but remember, this is a young game. Once people are at level cap they start investing in toons they previously ignored once their current A team is maxxed and the result is new team synergies and the latitude to assemble custom teams for situational battles where unique skills can really shine.

Edit: adding caption; Mace getting zapped and surviving right after debuffing Palpatine's Offense Up. Look at the bars on Ahsoka and Ima Gun Di, you can tell they're only low level yet here's the final level 7 Normal LS PvE Boss encounter almost cleared. All these toons are 4* except 6* JC and 7* Lumi.
    dczr6t.jpg
    Post edited by Jabberwocky on
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Sarge, for a guy with "Strategy" in your moniker, I would hope to actually find some. I think you're going to get busted down to Private.

First off, how is life being single? Because if u just wrote that u dont have a bae. Second, ur wrong... About all that.

I realize the ewok elder and mace dont suck, i just have destroyed them like i do my girls downstairs, but u wouldnt know what thats like like.

But about that whole synergy thing, no one will do that. Every pvp team is just a mix of lumi, daka, sid, dooku, qjg, JC, ig, 5s, boba, maul, poggle, phasma, and very few more. Basically everyone just throws together their best guys.

There are no such things, and never will be, of synergy teams. No one is gonna make a team of poggle, igs, HK, and magnaguard to get that 15% offense boost. No one is gonna get vader, veers, tarkin, royal guard, and stormtrooper just to get that little boost. Its not worth having characters who dont provide enough for that little buff.

Which brings me to characters. U say there is a time and place for every toon. which is true. Sids time and place is now and in everyones top 5. Clone sgt's time is never and his place is on the bench.

The game was meant for these starter characters to suck. Even if u level up some of these guys, they wont provide enough, and u say they will but they wont. Guys like Ugnaught will never be effective. Now will guys like biggs and cad bane maybe see a buff and be of use? Probly but point is they will never be the top dogs like sid or dooku or daka.
    U can make ur team of Ewok scout, stormtrooper, resistance trooper, hoth rebel, and FO officer, but people will whoop u and you couldnt place top 500. Ever
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi is a great character, and most important one for early progress in my opinion. But, just like Sid, she's not end-gsme. I don't ser her in those vídeos true end-game whales upload.

Just happen to be the best option early for farming. If you place Lumi in cantina Shipments and Old Daka in GW shipments, you would see a lot less Lumi and a lot more Daka. Same goes with Sid. Put Sid in a hard node, put Rey in Arena Shipments, and see what happens.
  • Options
    Both Lumi and Sid can be endgame. Just depends on the team you want to use. Lumi is probably the most versatile toon and is a great 5th slot character for almost any team. Sid can work as a leader for almost any crit/ AOE teams.

With that said, the initial post discounts like half of the cast and I guarantee some of those characters would absolutely wreck in the right team.
  • Options
    Sarge, for a guy with "Strategy" in your moniker, I would hope to actually find some. I think you're going to get busted down to Private.

First off, how is life being single? Because if u just wrote that u dont have a bae. Second, ur wrong... About all that.

I realize the ewok elder and mace dont suck, i just have destroyed them like i do my girls downstairs, but u wouldnt know what thats like like.

But about that whole synergy thing, no one will do that. Every pvp team is just a mix of lumi, daka, sid, dooku, qjg, JC, ig, 5s, boba, maul, poggle, phasma, and very few more. Basically everyone just throws together their best guys.

There are no such things, and never will be, of synergy teams. No one is gonna make a team of poggle, igs, HK, and magnaguard to get that 15% offense boost. No one is gonna get vader, veers, tarkin, royal guard, and stormtrooper just to get that little boost. Its not worth having characters who dont provide enough for that little buff.

Which brings me to characters. U say there is a time and place for every toon. which is true. Sids time and place is now and in everyones top 5. Clone sgt's time is never and his place is on the bench.

The game was meant for these starter characters to suck. Even if u level up some of these guys, they wont provide enough, and u say they will but they wont. Guys like Ugnaught will never be effective. Now will guys like biggs and cad bane maybe see a buff and be of use? Probly but point is they will never be the top dogs like sid or dooku or daka.
    U can make ur team of Ewok scout, stormtrooper, resistance trooper, hoth rebel, and FO officer, but people will whoop u and you couldnt place top 500. Ever

Synergy isn't only related to factions...
    --Nud Stark--
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This post right here shows how new you are and/or that you can't and will never compete in this game.

Like @RAMifications said, the same faction doesn't necessarily mean your team has good synergy. A good team has players that work well together. For example your droid team would work 10x better if you replaced 100 with Sid. Sid doesn't benefit from being a droid but gives 88 a huge dps increase.
  • Options

Do you even know what synergy means? Like Havok and Ramifications said, it is not faction specific. Even taking into context your version of what synergy means, are you really going to claim that there will NEVER be "synergy" teams? The game has only been out a couple of months. Once they add more clones, geonosians, scoundrels, etc., a "synergy team" by your definition is certainly viable.

• Options
    No such thing as synergy teams. Lol
    kceHillh.jpg

That's laughably pathetic.

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    bae.

You should get a forum suspension just for using that word.
  • Options
    Andrew wrote: »
    [
    Do you even know what synergy means? Like Havok and Ramifications said, it is not faction specific. Even taking into context your version of what synergy means, are you really going to claim that there will NEVER be "synergy" teams? The game has only been out a couple of months. Once they add more clones, geonosians, scoundrels, etc., a "synergy team" by your definition is certainly viable.

Dude its EA i dont know where all these rumors are coming from about all these free characters they are adding in. Besides the force awakens, which the probably made before the game and then released them later like battlefront did with jakku, were not going to see new characters for a bit and if we do its not going to be a lot.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    bae.

You should get a forum suspension just for using that word.

+1 lmao

• Options
    Obviously Lumi is considered the best in the game along side sid and daka, for the main reason that it is easy to get them to 7 stars. Because of this, some say that Lumi is only good now because she will equal out when all the other characters reach 7*, but is that true?

Looking at some of the other characters ive seen at 6 and 7*, here is a list of toons ive seen ranked up pretty good, at least 6*, gear 7 and level 55

Ewok scout
    Teebo
    Ewok elder (whos DECENT)
    Royal guard
    Biggs
    Underworld police
    FOST
    Hoth rebel/ scout
    Storm trooper
    Veers
    Ashoka
    Tarkin
    Talia
    Nightsister acolyte/initiate
    Resistance trooper/pilot
    Mace (DECENT)
    Ima gundi (DECENT)
    Plo koon
    Kit fisto
    Eeth koth
    Lando (DECENT)
    Clone sgt
    Snowtrooper

Ive faced all of these at all that apply above. They all stink. Its quite obvious that Lumi and sids lead over everyone else will dim down, but im just saying, its still gonna be there.
    Now yes some like maul and barriss and quigon and anakin and aayla will catch up a bit, but mark my word, Lumi and Daka will still be elite healers, and Sid will still be the lead attacker

You are so stupid, this is the second post that i have seen you say the **** stuff. By the way, didnt u say you didnt want to farm lumi because you had JC already? I think you made a thread like that, but for this one, resistance pilot doesnt suck and neither does fost because you obviously havent seen them leveled up. I have fost at 3* and he has over 10k health with about 1.2k damage as a tank, so with his 55% counter chance, thats about 700 return damage per attack he takes, which also increases with his defense up for 3 turns on his special. He ends up with the equivalent of 12-14k health with his def up.

Dont talk about thing you dont know. You're either igonorant or a 6 year old. I hope you are a little kid for your sake
  • Options

Hahaha, is this guy serious?

Anyway, talking about synergies, I avoid attacking HK-47 squads. 7 star Sid, Phasma, Lumi, 6 Kylo, 5 Fives. I get wrecked if Poggle is in there with HK and his team.
  • Rama
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    kceHillh.jpg
    Man, c'mon, don't be a punk! You really have to put Talia & Initiate in the 4th/5th (or 2nd/3rd) spots. Look, they both have double swords! The symmetry! :D
    Post edited by Rama on
    RamaGiizis || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 67 || Heroes you can borrow from me: Windu (LS), Sidious (DS), Fives (Cantina)
  • Options
    Rama wrote: »
    kceHillh.jpg
    Man, c'mon, don't be a punk! You really have to put Talia & Initiate in the 4th/5th (or 2nd/3rd) spots. Look, they both have double swords! The symmetry! :D

I'm sorry.

I let you down.

I'm going to go now and think about what I've done.
  • Options
    Rofl this guy is amazing!
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rama wrote: »
    kceHillh.jpg

I'm sorry.

I let you down.

I'm going to go now and think about what I've done.

NO!!! PLX DONT LISTEN TO THAT DUMB!!!!!@!@!@!@!@!@:!:!:!!##1

SWORDS IN FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!

wait..maybe i saw this wrong..
  • Options
    It should be

Initiate . . . Asajj . . . Talia
    . . . . Acolyte . . .Daka . . . .
    In that placement on the battlefield.
  • Options
    Trolling or just dumb? #notsureifserious
  • Rama
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    NO!!! PLX DONT LISTEN TO THAT DUMB!!!!!@!@!@!@!@!@:!:!:!!##1
    SWORDS IN FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!

wait..maybe i saw this wrong..
    Actually I agree with you about swords position, but I'm not entirely sure I like to be random called dumb :sweat_smile:
    It should be
    Initiate . . . Asajj . . . Talia
    . . . . Acolyte . . .Daka . . . .
    In that placement on the battlefield.
    Exactly. All the swords in front, the hooded on the left and the unhooded on the right. Geometrically perfect.

Ok, I can turn serious now :mrgreen:
    RamaGiizis || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 67 || Heroes you can borrow from me: Windu (LS), Sidious (DS), Fives (Cantina)
  • Options
    Swords def in the front. Melee need to protect old ladies and ranged heroes.
  • Options
    So I think I like Acolyte better on the right. Daka's headpiece/hair blocks out too much of Acolyte if Daka is in front of her.
    u3okNKJh.jpg
    9jzmwQDh.jpg
    Thoughts/opinions?
  • Options
    Yeah Daka looks bette on the left.
  • Rama
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So I think I like Acolyte better on the right. Daka's headpiece/hair blocks out too much of Acolyte if Daka is in front of her.
    9jzmwQDh.jpg
    Thoughts/opinions?
    As for me, swap Talia and Initiate and it'll be perfect.
    I'll bump a thread of mine in a few minutes, if you can comment there for an opinion about Initiate would be appreciated! ( @cosmicturtle333 ).
    Post edited by Rama on