Why are all T7 guilds the same.

There's two types one the guild that struggles to finish and falls apart as soon as a key player leaves. The other is so dominating that you just watch as one or two players solo. No fun to be had in either.

Replies

• Options
    There is another type of t7 guild. The type that has rules that allow everyone to compete on an even field, and where players that have already collected 7* Han solo willingly step aside and allow others to become stronger. Our guild IS a guild. We help each other become better, rather than one or two whales taking first in every raid. By doing so we have a much stronger team to fight the tank takedown raid. The intergalactic space slugs operate on contribution, communication, and integrity. Explore and find that guild. If anyone belongs to the guild like that please post here and help Proxima out.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    If you want a different type of guild pm me. I am looking for one member right now and we run a totally different system then most. We are a helpful community that wants to help each other grow stronger.
  • Options
    As @Widget_gaget said, there are good guilds. All 5 TNR subguilds do the same (those of us who have 7* Han simply post zero damage to snag some gear, but allow others to "catch up" as far as shards, gear drops, etc.). TNR Uprising (the TNR sub I am in) is 50/50, but one of others might have a slot or two for active players who want to work together. You'd have to contact @ThePixie86 of you're interested.

But good and fun guilds that help all membwrs progress in the hands while still having fun do exist. Good luck and may the Force be with you!

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There is another type of t7 guild. The type that has rules that allow everyone to compete on an even field, and where players that have already collected 7* Han solo willingly step aside and allow others to become stronger. Our guild IS a guild. We help each other become better, rather than one or two whales taking first in every raid. By doing so we have a much stronger team to fight the tank takedown raid. The intergalactic space slugs operate on contribution, communication, and integrity. Explore and find that guild. If anyone belongs to the guild like that please post here and help Proxima out.

This. My guild has a few people who can exceed 3m on Rancor, and the top 10 is generally over a million, but no one is soloing (or coming close to soloing) the raid. If any one person left, we wouldn't be SOL.

When I joined, I was finishing around 30. Now I finish top 10. In fact, the first time I broke 2m, one of my guildmates held off on any further attacks to guarantee I would get a top 3 finish. That's the way our guild works, because it's about camaraderie. It also ensures that our guild advances together, which will help with the tank raid. The camaraderie is also probably a solid reason why we haven't lost people.

There are bad guilds out there, where members are meant to be coin generators for the officers (I saw one where they were clear that the top raid spots were officers). There are guilds suffering from the problems you identified. And then there are good, functional guilds.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Why are all T7 guilds the same?

There's two types of guilds....

Isn't the above a slight contradiction?
  • Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    Why are all T7 guilds the same?

There's two types of guilds....

Isn't the above a slight contradiction?

Good catch. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I guess my biggest question is why isn't there any balanced guilds. I know the main reason is that guilds don't merge to get consistent numbers. I guess it's annoying more then anything.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I guess my biggest question is why isn't there any balanced guilds. I know the main reason is that guilds don't merge to get consistent numbers. I guess it's annoying more then anything.

Define balanced...
    I would say many of the players posting above have given examples of how their guilds are balanced. My guild took some tips from those space slugs and my guild is loving the rancor raid even more.
  • Options
    Getting 50 which are at the exact same point in the game is somewhat impossible... All depends on rng and which toons you have/pursue...

The guild i am in, for example, has lower lvl players that we try to help, have high lvld ones w maxed hans etc... We try to accomodate everyones needs! Rancor raid can be done by any combo of 10 people in the guild...
    First aat took us 6 refreshes i think, now on 2nd aat, it looks like we r able to cut that down to 5...
    We want to do heroic asap, and our solution to that is: share info, help each other etc... The core of members is together since guilds became a thing! And at the moment we are recruiting, so if you are looking for a good guild that looks after its own, PM me!
  • Options
    Our guild, The Force United, has seen all of its active members get stronger and stronger. We do nothing but T7 Rancor Raids now, but rotate who is allowed to do damage so the lower level players all have chances to score good rankings for good, needed gear. We have been organized by our officers into 4 squadrons: Blue, Gold, Red and Green. Last raid, Blue was allowed to go all in, with Gold being secondary and only allowed to do 20k damage max per squad member, with the other two squadrons only allowed to enter and do zero damage. Next raid, Red Squadron would be primary, and so on. We are a full 50/50 at the moment but do have a venue where interested players can get on a waiting list for an opening. If interested, you can find more info here: http://forceunited.uventerprises.com
  • Options
    As others have attested, there are definitely really excellent, balanced guilds. I'd suggest joining one of us.

My guild, Legacy Force, recently cleaned house (removed inactives), so there are now 6 openings. All we ask is for all members to spend 600/600 daily personal energy for raid summoning tickets, and have five 7-star toons to be able to contribute to raids. The officers are reasonable when it comes to life stuff happening that may preclude achieving 600 energy spent. There are attack rules in place for the Rancor raid to promote fairness (that will be explained at the time of joining). We are currently running T6 of the AAT raid, which I believe took just over a week to complete on our first attempt. We primarily communicate through the Line app, but it is not required, just highly encouraged.

If you anyone else reading this is interested and truly able to contribute the daily 600 energy, PM me and I'll relay the necessary information to get you joined up.

Good luck!
  • Options
    We are such a kind of guild. We have some strong, some weak players and a lot in between. We have rules that ensure everyone gets a piece of reward. We also help each other in developing his roster no matter if for arena, rancor/aat raid and anything else. But if you dont follow the rules you will have a short time in our guild. We have a few spots open right now btw.
  • Options
    I meant to say we would love to have you in our guild, but we are full right now with a few waiting in reserve. I was hoping someone with an empty slot would speak up and offer you a chance to try their guild system.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options

Well stated and I totally agree that those are the best guilds and the ones that will last and find success in this game. Different guild types attract different players so be selective about what you are joining to make sure it is a good fit. There are plenty of well balanced guilds with strong players who cooperate, share information and help make everyone better. If that is what you want look for a guild (1) having strong set of rules to keep everything fair and balanced, (2) a balanced leadership team of more than 1 player so it is not about an ego, (3) a forum off game to share information and help the guild get better, (4) where there is a concerted effort to help everyone get 7* Han on Rancor oh and one that is thrilled that the AAT rewards were changed to eliminate the intra-guild competition..

I have been VERY fortunate in this game. I have been part of 3 awesome guilds with great guys who fit the bill of the above. There are guilds like this at every level.