JKA AoE Bug

I don't know if any backdoor tweaking (nerfing) was performed on Jedi Knight Anakin but I noticed he doesn't crit like he used to, basic or special, and mine has 58% crit chance so he's usually popping off left and right. I know that's not a bug, but when I do score 4 crit hits via his AoE and my sqaud doesn't recieve his Offense Up buff, well that is a bug. 4+ crit hits is a 100% chance they'll recieve the buff, and more then once this has happened.

Before this "tweak" was done my sqaud was getting buffed on the regular at 2 crit hits (50%), sometimes even with just 1 (25%) which I can agree that is a little excessive, even I used to think "wow, this always pops" but to drop the rate so low backstage that not even 4 crit hits will give the buff, well that's now a bug. I know my Ani, I've hand picked his mods thru countless hours of testing, trust I know him and what he does.

Something has been up with him the last week or so and I'm sure others have noticed it as well. I'm not saying reverse the back door tweaks, but at least make sure that when I do land 4 crit hits my squad gets buffed. Thanks for hearing me out and I know the issue will be resolved, you giys been on point for awhile now :)

@cg_kozispoon

Replies

• I don't understand why ppl can't comprehend logic behind % chances. It doesn't add! Each crit has it's own chance to deliver OU to the team. No bug here.
  • mattawan
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The crit % is probably your imagination, but the offense up is bugged and not working (the expose works fine). There are some other threads here about it. No response yet that I have see.

The "fix" listed in the recent patch notes likely broke something:

"Jedi Knight Anakin
    Offense Up from "Reckless Assault" will no longer randomly fail to increase the Physical damage of some units."

Edit: dev has responded that this has been flagged as a bug.
    Post edited by mattawan on
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Our team tested Jedi Knight Anakin in the Tank Takedown Raid and it appears he does grant Offense Up when he uses his Reckless Assault ability. An investigation of the proc rate confirms that this is working as intended. Please note the 25% chance is not cumulative, and it is a 25% chance rolled each time there is a crit.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • @CG_Kozispoon thanks for taking the time to test and respond.

Unfortunately I am still 100% percent convinced that this skill is not working properly because offense up simply does not proc anymore for me. I have even removed Ani from my Arena team. I understand that each crit is a separate 25% chance to proceed and not cumulative.
    Offense up triggered one time for me today while using reckless assault a couple dozen times with multiple crits per use. I'd estimate the process rate to be around 2%.

I would like to compile some specific numbers and report back rather than force you to rely on my perception
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    When its 10/1 that expose happens more than offense up and Expose is 5% less likely, something is wrong.
  • mattawan
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon working great now. After the update, offense up proc'd every single time for me in 4 straight arena battles tonight and GWs, this after only once in dozens of battles earlier today and since the last update. I know "everything was working", but I work in tech and we all fat finger a data entry now and then. Nothing will convince me that someone didn't identify their mistake during testing and quietly moved a decimal point back to its rightful place. And it is just too coincidental that the ability was worked on last update.

Regardless the reason I am glad to have it working now.
  • Jka used to give offense up just fine.... He wasn't broken... Ever since they fixed him (although he wasn't broken) now he is broken and the fix to him is what broken him.

This is exactly like when due to complains EA REDUCED the number of insignificant mods players acquire. Previously u got a mod for every battle. After they reduced the number of insignificant mods earned the more likely u were to get NO MOD or AN INSIGNIFICANT 3 star mod from a 5 star battle. whatever they say the truth is most likely the opposite. Like the tourney a strong defense is key to winning, no a weak defense is key, like raid rewards don't effect players staying in a guild, yes they do effect people not hopping staying in a guild who are ineligible. They actually nerf ed Anakin and wrote it in a way that makes u think they are fixing him.

Look

"Jedi Knight Anakin Offense Up from "Reckless Assault" will no longer randomly fail to increase the Physical damage of some units."

"Jedi Knight Anakins Offense Up from "Reckless Assault" STARTED TO RANDOMLY FAIL to increase the Physical damage of some units." (ie it doesn't grant offense up anymore)

• Have to get through Mol Eliza to see what's really going on
  • @CG_Kozispoon Thx for clearing that up, I was under the impression it was cumulative.