Lando/Wedge/Biggs/St Han/Anakin F2P?

Just curious on opinions towards chasing current metas as F2P, is it worth it? I'm fairly casual (log in most days for dailies for omega pieces, might run GW a few times a week) and managed to get a previous meta F2P meta at the end of it's cycle (Phasma/St Han/RG/QGJ/Rey - sometimes switching out RG for GS for more offense), which I still run with and keeps me around 75-100 rank.

Have recently farmed Anakin and Biggs to 7* and Lando is half-way to 6*, haven't started on Wedge. Is it worth sinking all my efforts (omegas/mods/farming) towards such a team?

Or should I just progress my droid team? That always seems to have been quite stable...but new tank raid seems to need a higher aoe damage F2P squad like mentioned in the title.

Replies

• Options
    WIggs is a must have for the new raid /so Biggs and Lando goes with him as a Must to have/ . For Arena - they are still meta , but you never know when meta will change /they release new characters quite often.../.
  • Options
    I'd say they're still worth it. Even when the meta changes they're still useful characters to have in events, challenges and raids.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Droids are pretty good in the raid too.

I'm going for the team you mentioned in the title and it's beastly. Pretty much arena is easy mode, except when I fight similar teams with better mods. I'm not done yet but I can maintain top 10 with

Lando - 7*/G11
    Wedge - 6*/g10
    Biggs - 7*/g8
    STH- 7*/g10
    Ani - 7*/g11

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I say farm who you like. The toons you're talking about are very helpful in the new raid, so they wouldn't be a wasted investment even if the meta changes before you are there. The only thing I suggest to folks is that you try to have a team for each major faction in the game. Events seem to be limiting who you can run based on the toons faction, so might as well be prepared to participate in all of them.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    If u farm them for the new raid...great.

If u farm them bcuz u like them...great.

If u r chasing the meta as f2p, u will always come up short. Right when u r about to catch up, it changes. This leaves u chasing the new meta that develops and never finishing anyone.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

If u r chasing the meta as f2p, u will always come up short. Right when u r about to catch up, it changes. This leaves u chasing the new meta that develops and never finishing anyone.

That's why the smart thing to do as FTP has always been to figure out the next meta early or the counter to the current one and farm that.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

That's why the smart thing to do as FTP has always been to figure out the next meta early or the counter to the current one and farm that.

You are on point. Anticipation is the key.