Phasma(L), Poe, Han, Lumi, FOTP

Thoughts?

Replies

• Why poe and Han?
  • Backup taunting. Basically the way to get past Poe is to remove his taunt and even then its super tough because he puts the enemy team at such a disadvantage. But imagine that even after they dispel his taunt they still have to attack Han, creating an even greater disparity in turn meter.
  • Poe and Han only make sense if you are not on AI.

1. Poe taunts, exposing oponnent's team;
    2. When Poe's taunt fades, Han taunts and give your team a couple of rounds with the turn meter buffs;
    3. This would give you advantage to win the match.

But if you are on defense, AI should use Poe's and Han's taunt at the same time, then oponnents would only hit Poe, making Han's taunt completely useless (as it only makes sense if he is hit, in order to give your team's chars turn meter buffs).
  • Kaninchen wrote: »
    Poe and Han only make sense if you are not on AI.

1. Poe taunts, exposing oponnent's team;
    2. When Poe's taunt fades, Han taunts and give your team a couple of rounds with the turn meter buffs;
    3. This would give you advantage to win the match.

But if you are on defense, AI should use Poe's and Han's taunt at the same time, then oponnents would only hit Poe, making Han's taunt completely useless (as it only makes sense if he is hit, in order to give your team's chars turn meter buffs).
    But imagine in the first turn Poe's taunt is dispelled. Han's taunt remains. Makes sense?
  • nubsors wrote: »
    But imagine in the first turn Poe's taunt is dispelled. Han's taunt remains. Makes sense?

It would then make sense. But, you see, that is a big if: it would only make sense IF the your opponent has a dispelling char. For the other teams you would lose a taunt and have spent a place in your team, that sould be reserved for DPS, with a tank.

So the bottom line is: if you think or are playing against people with dispelling chars, it would make sense. If not, then no.

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Han does some damage, not an attacker but he does damage, Han taunt lasts 3 turns, even if used on the same round, still would work for 1 turn. Not that i think its a good idea, just some clarification.
  • Kaninchen wrote: »
    nubsors wrote: »

It would then make sense. But, you see, that is a big if: it would only make sense IF the your opponent has a dispelling char. For the other teams you would lose a taunt and have spent a place in your team, that sould be reserved for DPS, with a tank.

So the bottom line is: if you think or are playing against people with dispelling chars, it would make sense. If not, then no.

How prevalent are QGJ teams?
  • QGJ is one of the best characters in the game.
    I would personally repalce luminara with rey but luminara works fine there
    han is a good choice, turn meter buffs
  • Keyvines wrote: »
    QGJ is one of the best characters in the game.
    I would personally repalce luminara with rey but luminara works fine there
    han is a good choice, turn meter buffs

So you are thinking balls to the wall damage up front with Rey and forget the health?
  • I have actually faced a team similar to this and it can be tricky to beat if you dont have a QGJ or a way to remove Hans taunt. With this team theres a lot of turn meter shenanigans with phasma and han allowing any dps like fotp to burst down all ur characters. I say go for it and tell us how it goes.
  • I just need to start getting poe up.
  • I bumped into a team like this, but my Ventress decided to be functional that time....
  • If your gonna have Poe, i would make the most of his early turn meter advantage.Forget about dispel, if you have FOTP, Geo soldier and maybe even 1 more dps for lumi, such as 88 for his buffed AoE or 86, then you will cripple their team before they get a chance to act.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It could work well. Probably overboard on the taunts, but if QGJ becomes top in the meta then this is a good counter