Tournament change

I saw that they are changing the refresh for the tournament event to ally points. I think that is a step in the right direction, making it a little less pay to win.

I just have to ask has anyone ever seen another tournament where contestants can get more attempts than other contestants in such big quantities?

I have 200k ally points saved up because i haven't redeemed them in months, i am pretty sure that is significantly more than a lot of players.

It just seems like not really a fair tournament.

Replies

• Yeah. It will be skewed this time around for sure. But looking ahead to the next tourney, only those that don't sim and save will have the advantage...which I think is fair, actually battling and hitting auto is terrible.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    I saw that they are changing the refresh for the tournament event to ally points. I think that is a step in the right direction, making it a little less pay to win.

I just have to ask has anyone ever seen another tournament where contestants can get more attempts than other contestants in such big quantities?

I have 200k ally points saved up because i haven't redeemed them in months, i am pretty sure that is significantly more than a lot of players.

Yes, if you have a strong end-game arena team then you'll have a huge advantage. No, it's not balanced, but when is it ever? :tongue:

(I have a pitiful quantity of ally points, btw.)
  • They should eliminate the refresh or just have it daily so there is some strategy. Most of the people I know in my guild don't spend their ally points have 200k or so. I am sure, even if you had spent them, you have plenty of time to save up and have plenty of refreshes. They gave us 5k so even at 1000 a refresh, you got 5 there. Plus, if you are doing your daily challenges and some basic farming of a toon or gear you will be earning plenty a day.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »

Still hoping they will limit refreshes per day and that grouping is done by shard age instead of whatever they did last time.

Yeah, hope...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    yeah, now you are punished if you had wasted your ally points on garbage rewards in shipments everyday.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Still can make money... Why do you think it was announced in advance?
    How to get ally points.. Refresh as much as possible> farm gear>build up ally point bank.