Bistan event separate from tournament?

Ring
559 posts Member
So a while back we got 5k Ally points for refreshes in the upcoming Tournament. Since the Bistan event was on a countdown, I somehow thought that's what the devs meant, but clearly that's just a way to get an extra 30 (?) Bistan shards. So those ally points are for something else, right? Something we're yet to see?

Replies

• Yes. Well, something we've seen already a few weeks ago. The 3 days "tournament" that gives Shoretrooper shards as prizes.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • If you read the in-game description you'll read "daily" event, same as the Pathfinder was some time ago.

whzhn5.jpg
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Uh, yes, NOW I know what it is, but when first they gave 5k ally points to everyone and info about the even appeared almost simultaneously, I thought that we'd be able to use those points in the event, that they reworked the entire tournament system.
  • They never mentioned Bistan will be in tournament........they give us 5k points to use them on next tournament
    Who will be the prestige toon and when the tournament will start?......well,remain to be seen!
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I was totally with the OP. I thought there was going to be a tourney with Bistan as the prize, then the daily event to keep adding shards. Could have swore that's what I read.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    So can we spend those guild coin now ? Why did they give those guild coin so much in advance and not just before tournament?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    So can we spend those guild coin now ? Why did they give those guild coin so much in advance and not just before tournament?

probably because they previously stated that ally points won't be used for anything else but bronzium packs. (assuming you meant ally points and not guild coins (wich dont even excist anymore).

I think it's great they gave us some advance notice this time, eventhough they said we would never need ally points agian.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

probably because they previously stated that ally points won't be used for anything else but bronzium packs. (assuming you meant ally points and not guild coins (wich dont even excist anymore).

I think it's great they gave us some advance notice this time, eventhough they said we would never need ally points agian.

I have seen the quote you referenced twice and it said "not likely", it did not say never again. They also gave us 5000 and a heads up to start saving...
  • leef wrote: »

I agree - and find it mildly amusing that when they actually do communicate at all, it usually ends up being changed or incorrect. :D (see "August" et.al. for examples)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*