The ATT Tank Raid is difficult. (Merged Threads)

Prev1345678
DarthBlartMC
595 posts Member
edited November 2016
Enough already. Pretty lame that a Heroic Rancor guild is creeping through phase 3 of "Normal" AAT raid.
For what? Do we launch another when we get through this one just to have it sit there for another 3 weeks, with guild leaders pleading with their guild to stay interested and do their daily runs. I have just told my guild to target the main damage taker and hit the auto button.
This raid is very lame and needs to be retuned.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Like title says. Yes, I'm whining, and I don't care.
  • I support that :)
  • You and everyone.

I wonder if EA really tested this raid before releasing ... This raid is ridiculous.
  • I get to watch 5-8 droids with ridiculous speed go over and over and take 2 weeks to finish yipdee doooooo
  • I think I actually dosed off when I played it earlier today. For the developers to spend months on this aspect of the game and hype it up so much, they should be ashamed to give us this boring snooze fest.
  • Too long for a mobile game for sure.

Not to mention how many times GG and other enemy toons don't follow any logic or TM.

Rewards are terrible too if you are not in top 3.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Too long for a mobile game for sure.

Not to mention how many times GG and other enemy toons don't follow any logic or TM.

Fixed that for you.

• medetec wrote: »

Fixed that for you.

Lolol

Fixed that for you.
    @medetec
    Yes I agree and that's what I was going to say earlier but then I thought some smartie pants would post saying...well the top players get good loot.

But yes folks in our guild who were pulling top numbers are disappointed too.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    As the 2nd rank in a normal AAT raid, can confirm the loot is about 30% better than say 10th. Some simple math:

Garbage x 1.3 = Garbage

Well look at that.
    As the 2nd rank in a normal AAT raid, can confirm the loot is about 30% better than say 10th. Some simple math:

Garbage x 1.3 = Garbage

Well look at that.
    Well your half eaten burrito sorta garbage is much better than bottom level "liquid chocolate filled Depends" sorta garbage though.
  • Baruch
    50 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Since the launch of AAT stopped playing:

On my server a whale and a dolphin
    In a ally guild: 1 big whale and 3 p2p
    In my guild a dolphin and 2 p2p

:/
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • In my guild a shark also
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    These whales and/or dolphins you speak of probably left to join or were poached by other, more stronger guilds who had better prospects of completing these raids; or doing it faster than the guilds they were in.

I may be wrong in your particular case, but this phenomenon is happening to many guilds.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    These whales and/or dolphins you speak of probably left to join or were poached by other, more stronger guilds who had better prospects of completing these raids; or doing it faster than the guilds they were in.

I may be wrong in your particular case, but this phenomenon is happening to many guilds.

No, everyone stopped playing. station without guild.
  • Fair enough. Many guilds are struggling since this raid was rolled out.
  • Before anyone thinks I'm asking nerf for AAT my topic of suggestions to fix:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74316/how-to-make-aat-most-fun#latest
  • they aren't super people. they can't just get it done at the snap of a finger. plus they know what they are doing. i doubt people are stopping the game completely. they might be stopping guilds but that's just a part of the game. there are many other parts to the game and other ways to make money.

not everyone plays every part of the game to begin with.
  • Personally, I prefer to think they didn't know what they were doing. I can deal better with lack of thourough testing of content than designing a raid (of which you absolutely need to obtain gear to progress) targeted for 1% of the playerbase.
  • Malthael wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer to think they didn't know what they were doing. I can deal better with lack of thourough testing of content than designing a raid (of which you absolutely need to obtain gear to progress) targeted for 1% of the playerbase.

While I would love to share your hope, the raid was delayed over a month (remember all the "August" jokes - the raid didn't drop until October). Allegedly (and according to the devs who posted) that delay was due to "thorough testing" of the new raid. Incidentally, a raid which had a reset glitch which was exploited by some players.

All of that said, if the raid wasn't tested for technical glitches and exploits, what WAS it tested for? If it was tested for balance, maybe it's "working as intended".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • holyjoe wrote: »
    they aren't super people. they can't just get it done at the snap of a finger. plus they know what they are doing. i doubt people are stopping the game completely. they might be stopping guilds but that's just a part of the game. there are many other parts to the game and other ways to make money.

not everyone plays every part of the game to begin with.

All I mentioned I had contact and talk. they really stopped.

• This is a big whale the allied guild that I said. really think he only left the guild?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wendigo/
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Malthael wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer to think they didn't know what they were doing. I can deal better with lack of thourough testing of content than designing a raid (of which you absolutely need to obtain gear to progress) targeted for 1% of the playerbase.

While I would love to share your hope, the raid was delayed over a month (remember all the "August" jokes - the raid didn't drop until October). Allegedly (and according to the devs who posted) that delay was due to "thorough testing" of the new raid. Incidentally, a raid which had a reset glitch which was exploited by some players.

All of that said, if the raid wasn't tested for technical glitches and exploits, what WAS it tested for? If it was tested for balance, maybe it's "working as intended".

i read about that too(mention about top notch raid and in testing), turns out another mass disappointment, no surprise.
    (about last part) maybe dev trying to buy some time
    the cake is a lie
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    People that are quitting now were going to quit soon anyways or were looking for a reason.

Gen Kenobi and the yellow gear "uber gear for uber guilds" isn't prevalent enough yet for people to get "****" and quit.

Basically the game is exactly the same but with a NEW raid you can't complete.

When Gen Kenobi is in the top 10 and all the whales are level 85 + gear 11 people can rightfully **** and quit imo but until then.... may as well just play your same game.
  • StarSon
    7436 posts Member
    Regardless of the OP's three guildmates, they have lost my $20-$50/month (yeah, I'm sure they care too), and Think Gaming has them on a fairly steep revenue decline. After initial launch they were still climbing from the level cap and getting close to $120k/day. They are now down to PoGo levels, at $72k/day, which is down from yesterday's $75k/day.
  • I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I was sure the SWG team knew what they were doing too when they killed the best MMO ever.

• LVTrisha wrote: »
    I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I was sure the SWG team knew what they were doing too when they killed the best MMO ever.

Many teams have the same mistake over and over: they do not play games they do... They simply do not know how it feel. Is it entertaining? What difficulties player have etc. The result is well known.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Twin wrote: »
    People that are quitting now were going to quit soon anyways or were looking for a reason.

Gen Kenobi and the yellow gear "uber gear for uber guilds" isn't prevalent enough yet for people to get "****" and quit.

Basically the game is exactly the same but with a NEW raid you can't complete.

When Gen Kenobi is in the top 10 and all the whales are level 85 + gear 11 people can rightfully **** and quit imo but until then.... may as well just play your same game.

They've identified that they'll be at a huge disadvantage in Dec.when the first GK's become unlocked, and just decided to cut their losses now.

They decided deprecates what was displeasing two or three guilds of whales (the same that make 7 rancor raids per week) but forget that there are a lot of whales in mixed guilds with F2P.

Soon after it posted an official p2p said it will stop playing, will wait put someone strong in its place. :/
  • So when they nerf the normal tier, then when we are all level 85/g11 a few weeks, we can then complain it's too easy like the Rancor.