crit immunity vs dispel

leef
13458 posts Member
edited November 2016
Mace windu managed to get a crit hit with "smite" on Ahsoka while she had the crit immunity buff on her.
"critical hit immunity: Can't be critically Hit" vs "Smite: deal special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects"
According to both describtions this shouldn't be possible, or am i missing something?
Save water, drink champagne!

Replies

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    remove effect could come before the crit... The wording doesn't specify an order.

I suppose a question would be... if Mace misses or opponent dodges is the effect still removed? If not then you would assume the effect is removed AFTER the hit and thus should NOT crit. But if it DOES remove the effect then it would make sense to allow the crit.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Dispel happens first. This was a result of QGJ vs Savage. QGJ used to be able to dispel SO offense and defense up and give his team offense even when SO didn't have the buffs because the damage came before the dispel. The order was than changed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    makes sence. I just assumed dispel happened after the attack because it's mentioned as second in the description. thnx
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Why doesn't dispel known off foresight then deal dmg? I have always been confused about this.
    Another thing I am confused about is why does foresight dodge all assists for chief chirpa or Cody?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Why doesn't dispel known off foresight then deal dmg? I have always been confused about this.
    Another thing I am confused about is why does foresight dodge all assists for chief chirpa or Cody?

Foresight should dodge dispel
    Just a guess, not a dev. but when the attack happens, rng determines if it will be dodged or not than, Dispel happens than damage happens
    Order of operation:
    1. Dodge or Land attack
    2. if not dodge dispel
    3. do damage

The CC and cody thing is a bug that the dev's cant seem to fix, I know they have stated CC multi assit vs FS was fixed but it still is bugged.
  • Options

If you get really unlucky with QGJ you will find that even with the base 2% dodge rate his dispel ability can be dodged and he won't land the attack at all. Basically Dodge comes first, then the dispel and then the damage.
    Also, Foresight only dodges the first attack if there are assists involved or bonus attacks even though the buff will still show over the characters head until the end of that turn. It dodges one attack, not one full turn.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

If you get really unlucky with QGJ you will find that even with the base 2% dodge rate his dispel ability can be dodged and he won't land the attack at all. Basically Dodge comes first, then the dispel and then the damage.
    Also, Foresight only dodges the first attack if there are assists involved or bonus attacks even though the buff will still show over the characters head until the end of that turn. It dodges one attack, not one full turn.

I have not tested in a while but last time I did it will dodge all of Chirpa assist call. I think it is the difference between a group attack of all hitting at once and an assist call of the main attacker and than the assist.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I have not tested in a while but last time I did it will dodge all of Chirpa assist call. I think it is the difference between a group attack of all hitting at once and an assist call of the main attacker and than the assist.

Oh I didn't realize he meant specifically Chirpa and Cody, I don't have either of those two characters, I thought he just meant when a large number of assists are involved in general, in which case it will only dodge the first one, but apparently Chirpa and Cody are coded slightly different. I wonder if Kenobi's mass assist calls will function the same way as Cody's in that regard.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Oh I didn't realize he meant specifically Chirpa and Cody, I don't have either of those two characters, I thought he just meant when a large number of assists are involved in general, in which case it will only dodge the first one, but apparently Chirpa and Cody are coded slightly different. I wonder if Kenobi's mass assist calls will function the same way as Cody's in that regard.

Hard to say. Chirpa was supposed to be fixed but well.... August...
  • Options

Hard to say. Chirpa was supposed to be fixed but well.... August...
    When I use Ewoks I have to avoid Rey and yoda with chirpas multi. Also the slower the attack the later in sequence it will be, causing weirdness like TM goes down so high TM reliable characters basics are useless.
    Ex: assist (ewok scout then Cody)
    ES reduces TM before codys basic can get bonuses.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.