Being a commander isnt good enough. Buff Mace!

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited November 2016
Ya Ya, he isn't the worst character. Mob enforcer, JC, umm.. Tusken shaman are all examples of those worse off than him. But that doesnt mean he doesn't deserve a buff.

And honestly, him being a ship commander means he should get a buff. Why? Because people are gonna farm him now, and why make them farm a character they cant use anywhere else but as a commander. Let him be interesting!

These are some possible ideas on how to make him better:

1. General Obi has a cool mechanic where he applies the opposite buff against debuffs. What if we make Mace Windu's smite not just dispell buffs, but apply the opposite debuffs? It would make "smite" mean a little more. (On a side note, I think buff immunity should be whats inflicted if a taunt is dispelled.)

2. Smite I imagine is a move meant to hit someone and stagger them. It could instead, additionally to being a dispell, remove some TM and perhaps apply Offense Down.

3. Shatterpoint is alright.. but I think mace shouldnt just expose people. I think he should also gain increased damage against debuffed characters (like +20%) or at least, gain increased damage against exposed enemies (yes, on top of them being exposed). Expose by itself isnt good enough these days.

4. Another cool idea is if mace happens to have things go his way, and use Smite on an exposed enemy, they're stunned for a turn or two. Seems kinda fun and reliant on luck (shatterpoint +smite being off cooldown) and makes sense. Mace Windu smiting someone he's shatterpointed should be brutal.

Anyway what do you all think?

Replies

• I agree. My personal suggestion would be to just have shatterpoint randomly appear as it does now, but against the target you choose. I do like the idea of buffing the smite ability, though; maybe give it a stun feature. That'd be kinda cool. As it is now, I just use it to remove taunts or people with two or more buffs. Ventress can remove them all, and heals when she does, so I let her handle that job.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yea, I do think as it is now smite is a bit underwhelming just as a simple dispell. Looking at the other dispell moves his is outclassed.

Qui Gon: Provide offense up to all allies
    Plo: Dispell on BASIC
    Sun Fac: Dispell on BASIC + Counter
    Echo: AOE dispell
    Asajj: AOE dispell +heal

EDIT: forgot
    B2:AOE Dispell +buff immunity
    Teebo: Dispell+TM removal

Post edited by MrGrips on
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Mace needs rework
  • I like most the ideas here mace is a little underwhelming I used to use but qgj could debuff and add offense up
  • Tusken Raider isn't even terrible tho
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    Yea, I do think as it is now smite is a bit underwhelming just as a simple dispell. Looking at the other dispell moves his is outclassed.

And B2 with an insane dispell.
    I don't get it why a debuff can be resisted, but a buff removal always works
  • Tusken Shaman!
    theHejiN wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »

Yeah cant forget B2's epic dispell too, maybe the best one out.
  • I'd say hold on a sec since we don't really know what sort of buff his commander role is gonna be yet.

At the very least it's probably going to make him a very useful Jedi in the AAT raid when running Jedi teams, but there's no ceiling on the benefits. If he's primarily buffing other Jedi as a commander that kind of works with his typical role from a canon perspective. I get he was a beast but most days he seems to have basically been managing/coordinating other Jedi.

He's a pain to farm and I only have him at 4* I think, so I hope you're right and the commander thing isn't enough. But I have a feeling he's gonna be a necessity once the ships are out.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Tusken Shaman!
    theHejiN wrote: »

Yeah cant forget B2's epic dispell too, maybe the best one out.

Don't forget about Teebo's Dispell + TM reduction on dispell from Bring Low
  • who's mace??
  • holyjoe wrote: »
    who's mace??

You wish you knew Mace. Hes a black jedi.
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    holyjoe wrote: »
    who's mace??

You wish you knew Mace. Hes a black jedi.

uh not really. i have him back at 4* and haven't touched him in months and no plans to go back to him.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Given we don't know what commanders do or need how can anyone makes a suggestion?

The level, gear or stars of Mace may be completely unrelated to ships... or it could be directly related. We don't know

Heck commanders could be an entirely separate character to get.
  • Imagine if Mace will be a "must have" because of his commander status. That would be fun since he's useless now :)
  • nope will never happen
  • Twin wrote: »
    Given we don't know what commanders do or need how can anyone makes a suggestion?

The level, gear or stars of Mace may be completely unrelated to ships... or it could be directly related. We don't know

Heck commanders could be an entirely separate character to get.

Yeah, I suppose this is all true. But at the very least, Mace's regular character now is sub par. Hes also worse than the other commanders.
    holyjoe wrote: »
    nope will never happen

Aw, Did someone poo in your soup? Did they resemble a certain Mace Windu?
  • I mean, Snackbar>Tarkin>Mace...
    Rebels beat the Empire and the Empire took over from the Jedi, so its kinda makes sense if you look at it that way.
    Sure 1v1 Mace would wreck Snackbar and Tarkin in SW universe, but clearly Snackbar is the best fleet commander of all time, Tarkin is not as good as him, and Mace just kinda gets the short end of everthing (Including arms heh).
  • I think if expose allowed us to target ignoring taunt and stealth, that would go a long way to help his unique.

I would also just be plenty happy if they made Smite deal +50% damage for each buff removed. Or just apply buff immunity. Unavoidable would also be a huge benefit, like Teebo's dispel.

Either way, Mace definitely needs something. For one of the most aggressive and powerful Jedi, it really is odd that they made him an incredibly boring and ineffective tank.
  • snackbar is over rated PERIOD