GW coin trade for ally points.

Prev1
Aniema
602 posts Member
edited November 2016
This is a seriously $tupid idea. What's the point of borrowing someone's toon or even adding an allie to your ally list if your gonna allow people to trade off galitic war points for ally points? Why didn't you devs add new toons to galitic wars instead of this dumb ally point idea?

I'm sure others like this idea...to me I'm just left wondering wth you were thinking. I've been saving ally points for months , finally got a use for them now anyone with a few thousand gw coins can also get 200k ally points is just wow really?

Since you guys are doing $tupid ideas how about put arena coins in the Catina shop for trade. Why not put gw coins in the guild shop for trade? No? Too $tupid of an idea...well why stop now you've come this far?

Replies

• It's to cater for their precious ti and other guilds full of whales.
    People who have 1000s of them as they already have maxed toons and nothing to spend them on.
  • im guessing they are using the ally points for this event only and give some ppl a chance to use up their ally points or buy them from the GW
  • Valace2
    220 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Some people will complain about anything.

I have received a couple unlocks from Bronziums, but for the most part its been all junk.

This gives people a chance to use an underutilized part of the game.

• Valace2 wrote: »

I have received a couple unlocks from Bronziums, but for the most part its been all junk.

No this is for the whales that don't have shoretrooper and 100k+ ally points stocked up (not to mention the GW tokens they can still trade if they have to).
    The next tournament isn't about who has the most crystals, it's about who has the most ally points and some have a lot..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • This has nothing to do with TI. Most of them have a good stockpile of Ally Points and they are smart enough to anticipate a use for stuff. I am kicking myself for spending my 250k over the last 2 months. I ahve 117k War Tokens, but not converting them all over to Ally Points. You know a new character will be in GW soon.
  • It would be funny if the new GW char is shoretrooper....
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • That would be hilarious!
  • My guess is thats its just a way to make people spend their GW tokens before they introduce a new character into the GW shop, since most people have enough GW tokens saved up to unlock a new char in a matter of days.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Valace2 wrote: »

No this is for the whales that don't have shoretrooper and 100k+ ally points stocked up (not to mention the GW tokens they can still trade if they have to).
    The next tournament isn't about who has the most crystals, it's about who has the most ally points and some have a lot..

You can also only attack each team once, so it won't matter all that much.
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    It would be funny if the new GW char is shoretrooper....

That wouldn't be funny. Having a tournament for a free toon who's available later. If it's exclusive then don't make it easy to get. Just my opinion.
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    My guess is thats its just a way to make people spend their GW tokens before they introduce a new character into the GW shop, since most people have enough GW tokens saved up to unlock a new char in a matter of days.

+1
  • I would be careful about spending too many GW tokens right now since it sounds like a new character may become farmable in GW soon.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I have been playing this game for almost a year now and have all of the characters farmed from GW shipments. I have been saving my coins waiting for the next character to be added like everyone else.

Now it looks like I will need to use up my GW tokens on buying Ally points so that I can try and get Shoretrooper?

For those of you with GW tokens and want to get Shoretrooper remember that it takes 26400 GW tokens to 7 star one character. That equals 396,000 Ally points if you buy them with GW Tokens.

There have been no useful things to spend GW tokens or Ally points on and people like me have been collecting them. But it looks like in one event they are going to get people to spend all of their Ally Points and GW Tokens in one shot..... Well played......

I like the idea of using Ally Points instead of Crystals for the event, it levels the playing field a lot. People have worked hard for GW tokens and spending all on Ally points to get a shot a Shoretrooper kind of sucks. I would really like to know the plans for Shoretrooper and when he will be released for farming. If I spend all my GW tokens on him and he is farmable a month later I'm going to be pretty upset......

Also there will be a lot of Refreshes of GW shipments for people to buy more Ally Points, so they will still get a lot of Crystals out of this....

I really appreciate all of the work the devs have done to get us new events, new raids, new characters, and keeping the game fresh. I just feel a bit burned on having to use GW tokens for a shot at getting Shoretrooper..... I feel like GW tokens have always been used for farming characters and with Rouge One coming out we would get a few new characters in GW shipments.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    This is the 'last chance' to get Shoretrooper from tournaments so you'd assume he will be allowed his months grace of exclusivity before appearing on another cantina node :smile:
  • The problem is, it's a slap in the face to those who have painstakingly hoarded them for a rainy day. But if you're not one of those guys, this is a relatively welcome addition.

I wonder if using thousands of ally points on bronzium would be a better investment though.
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    My guess is thats its just a way to make people spend their GW tokens before they introduce a new character into the GW shop, since most people have enough GW tokens saved up to unlock a new char in a matter of days.

This, 100%
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Don't do it! You'll spend all your GW tokens for ally points that cost 10k to refresh a team and then they'll release new toons into GW after you're broke and no higher up in tournamnent placing.

I'm 100% saving GW tokens until I see the cost of refreshes, and how I can potentially place should I refresh.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Well you even get 4.5x ally points for mod challenges that you cannot use allies for so... No logic
    Post edited by scuba on
  • OP is just a little bitter that he's been hoarding ally points for no reason, now they have added 5k ally points to daily achievement.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    It's not a "$tupid" because it's CG's way of clearing house and putting everyone on a more level playing field. I'm glad I got Shoretrooper last time cause these ally point shenanigans seem like a trap
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • wonder how much 1 char refresh will cost .... 5k? lol
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    wonder how much 1 char refresh will cost .... 5k? lol

At least. My guess is 10k.

• Anyone else think the opposite? Everyone saying its a trap and a new toon will be released soon. But I think adding ally points to gw shipments could be there way of saying there won't be a new toon in there for awhile so it's something to spend all your extra gw coins
  • Interesting that they cut off any path to refresh with gems. It should avoid the insanity that we saw last time of the tourney turning into a whale tournament. Now we can get back to complaining about how we can't get to the ally points because GW is too hard.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Tbh my problem last time wasn't the refreshes, I just got to a point where I couldn't actually beat the teams around me.
  • OP is just a little bitter that he's been hoarding ally points for no reason, now they have added 5k ally points to daily achievement.

Dang right I'm bitter. I've been saving up for months on end waiting for the perfect time to use them while the majority was spending them. Something that took me months to collect others can collect with several thousand Galatic war coins. Anyone else doing what I have been doing would be annoyed too.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    It's not a "$tupid" because it's CG's way of clearing house and putting everyone on a more level playing field. I'm glad I got Shoretrooper last time cause these ally point shenanigans seem like a trap

The logic of it is $tupid.

Ally points should be obtainable from "using allies" not purchasing them from Galatic war shipments that has absolutely zero percent to do with anything at all pertaining to allies. If they want people to spend Galatic war coins then add more freaking toons more often.
  • Aniema wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »

The logic of it is $tupid.

Ally points should be obtainable from "using allies" not purchasing them from Galatic war shipments that has absolutely zero percent to do with anything at all pertaining to allies. If they want people to spend Galatic war coins then add more freaking toons more often.

They are trying a different avenue with using the ally points, and utilized a source that will make the whales happy, because all the whales are sitting on a zillion War tokens since they cleared the GW store months ago.
    I commend EA for trying this approach. Unique because there is no tie to gems (cash). Should make for an interesting tournament this time around.

You should be happy you won't miss out on the whale party because you've been hoarding your ally points.
  • LOL but you will miss out on the whale party because they have zillions of GW tokens and can buy jillions of ally points with them. Make no mistake, it is still a whale tournament. Sure, you might unlock the trooper, but you won't get the 7* unless you are the great Moby himself.
  • EetsdaBouss
    352 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Irritating to say the least. Just got the 1000 donations last night for the 20k ally points. Thought I was going to be ahead of the game. Then I log in today and see everyone can buy that amount of ally points with ONE DAY of GW currency. Very disappointed. I kinda just want to say screw the tourney now and spend on bronziums. And yeah not spending my GW hoard, good try though CG.

Edit: I dont mind the ally points being in GW shipments but the exchange rate is dispicably high.