How to Take Down the Heroic AAT (intended for mix and FTP guilds)

13Next

Replies

  • Is there an actual difference in difficulty between normal and heroic? (not referring to total hp and refreshes, but actual other stat difference)
    My guild is on normal, and my G10, well modded danger zone is consistently only pulling in about 550k damage, and that has me worried.

    yes it's much "harder" and you get less turns as they all hit for more damage

  • Is there an actual difference in difficulty between normal and heroic? (not referring to total hp and refreshes, but actual other stat difference)
    My guild is on normal, and my G10, well modded danger zone is consistently only pulling in about 550k damage, and that has me worried.

    They should be getting in the 2mil range on normal. Similar to ththe rancor, normal has more health, but heroic hits much harder.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • +1 @benacrow

    Proud of you bro. :smile:
  • Ugh i wish i could be effective. In p3. This 5* EP just holdin me back. Rebels and jawas cant push as much in that phase. Poor chirpa is so excited to raid but no EP buddy :(. Is there any other strategy that works in p3? I just want to do more.
    The Rule of Two is more what you would call guidelines, than actual rules. Saved my other apprentice though didn't it? Gullible Jedi...
  • Ugh i wish i could be effective. In p3. This 5* EP just holdin me back. Rebels and jawas cant push as much in that phase. Poor chirpa is so excited to raid but no EP buddy :(. Is there any other strategy that works in p3? I just want to do more.

    jawa's, rebels, and droids do decent (jedi are terrible there).... sorry there's no silver bullet in this raid (yet)...lol
  • Ugh i wish i could be effective. In p3. This 5* EP just holdin me back. Rebels and jawas cant push as much in that phase. Poor chirpa is so excited to raid but no EP buddy :(. Is there any other strategy that works in p3? I just want to do more.

    jawa's, rebels, and droids do decent (jedi are terrible there).... sorry there's no silver bullet in this raid (yet)...lol

    Yeah, in p3 my Jedi do pretty bad... But Rebels do really well. Go figure. I only have Dathcha at a decent level, so I have no idea about Jawa at this stage.
  • Ugh i wish i could be effective. In p3. This 5* EP just holdin me back. Rebels and jawas cant push as much in that phase. Poor chirpa is so excited to raid but no EP buddy :(. Is there any other strategy that works in p3? I just want to do more.

    jawa's, rebels, and droids do decent (jedi are terrible there).... sorry there's no silver bullet in this raid (yet)...lol

    The silver bullet is definitely using Chirpa lead EP as stated. Guildies of mine have been getting near 1.5mil doing this, and no other comps even come close.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Ugh i wish i could be effective. In p3. This 5* EP just holdin me back. Rebels and jawas cant push as much in that phase. Poor chirpa is so excited to raid but no EP buddy :(. Is there any other strategy that works in p3? I just want to do more.

    jawa's, rebels, and droids do decent (jedi are terrible there).... sorry there's no silver bullet in this raid (yet)...lol

    The silver bullet is definitely using Chirpa lead EP as stated. Guildies of mine have been getting near 1.5mil doing this, and no other comps even come close.

    The infinite turn EP is the best option out there right now. As the only person privy to both chats, I can assure you that @Taramel was the first to voice this strategy and even theorize the TFP strategy which has yet to be tested. That one may be able to supplant the chirpatine strategy as the best for phase 3.
  • Thanks a bunch for the recommendations @benacrow

    Regarding Phase 1 and the offense mods, wouldn't crit damage ones work just as well, or better, since the idea is to hit GG hard?

    Haven't really stockpiled on offense mods yet to try them out and compare, but would greatly appreciate your insight on choosing offense mods over crit damage mods for IGD, Anakin, Aayla and GQJ.
  • Jezro wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch for the recommendations @benacrow

    Regarding Phase 1 and the offense mods, wouldn't crit damage ones work just as well, or better, since the idea is to hit GG hard?

    Haven't really stockpiled on offense mods yet to try them out and compare, but would greatly appreciate your insight on choosing offense mods over crit damage mods for IGD, Anakin, Aayla and GQJ.

    If they have naturally high crit chance, then yes. If not, offense provides a bette average for more damage.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • No wondet my clan fail so heavyly, since we rarery have any g9+ chars, not to speak about recomended ones.
  • Tiggus
    743 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Great guide! Thanks for setting this up.

    Do you know what's the target potency we need against the Tank (P2, P4)? I mean for Phasma or HK-47's debuffs to land as reliably as possible.

    Also worth of note:
    - Old Ben's Mind Tricks successfully reduces the Tank's TM (main + 3 turrets) in P2 (Edit: It doesn't do that anymore)
    - A poor man's Chirpatine (if you don't have Chirpa) is Teebotine, as Teebo Lead also gives free TM (not consistently though). But Teebo's stealth might mess up the tanks' taunts too.
    Post edited by Tiggus on
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Great guide! Thanks for setting this up.

    Do you know what's the target potency we need against the Tank (P2, P4)? I mean for Phasma or HK-47's debuffs to land as reliably as possible.

    Also worth of note:
    - Old Ben's Mind Tricks successfully reduces the Tank's TM (main + 3 turrets) in P2 (Edit: It doesn't do that anymore)
    - A poor man's Chirpatine (if you don't have Chirpa) is Teebotine, as Teebo Lead also gives free TM (not consistently though). But Teebo's stealth might mess up the tanks' taunts too.

    I've heard around 65% potency does the trick, but it doesn't seem to be outrageously high.

    Yes, Teebo is a decent alternative, but I'd almost say go with EP lead and one other, maybe bariss now, if you don't have Chirpa. Or TFP for more damage.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Saw this referenced on Mobile Gamer's video as well, thanks so much for the guide!
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Take your time resetting until you get pleasureable RNG and log a good run in.

    I have no idea what this means. What is 'resetting'? Are you talking about escaping all of the characters and re-entering the battle? I think escape is only 40% chance.

    Also not sure what is meant by RNG in this context. As an afterthought, I can look at an outcome and say I got bad RNG, but how does a person know ahead of time if their RNG is 'pleasureable'?
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Take your time resetting until you get pleasureable RNG and log a good run in.

    I have no idea what this means. What is 'resetting'? Are you talking about escaping all of the characters and re-entering the battle? I think escape is only 40% chance.

    Also not sure what is meant by RNG in this context. As an afterthought, I can look at an outcome and say I got bad RNG, but how does a person know ahead of time if their RNG is 'pleasureable'?

    Lol ok, so resetting means pressing the little button in the top left and retreating because RNG was bad (ex: you lose a toon because they got focused down, etc).

    RNG (random number generator) is exactly what I just described. That would be how let's say in P2, the main tank hits JE with every attack it has, because it's random and happens to go that way. You don't like that, so you retreat completely and start the run over. This time, it will be different, because it's generating random numbers, it spreads attacks evenly amongst your whole squad. Consequently, you get about 5% in before you lose a toon, whereas the first time let's say you got to 2% before losing a toon. The 5% run is much better and couldn't have gone much better (based on your opinion), so you decide to keep that run and finish it off til all your toons are dead.

    Basically it comes down to your perception of your capability. If you think you could be doing better, then rng is bad and you want to retry. If you're doing very well and can't imagine how it could go better, then you can assume you had good RNG.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • HeresJohnmy
    102 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Wrong post. Delete if you want admins.
Sign In or Register to comment.