Thoughts on the tournament! (Merged Threads)

Prev13456728
Palanthian
1262 posts Member
edited November 2016
What this tournament tells me is that a great number of players hoarded ally points and/or galactic war tokens. I did not, so my tournament is pretty much a "sit on the sidelines and watch" experience. I'm guessing I'm not alone, but I suppose it's only fair considering the "auction" nature of the last tournament.

Anyway, my point is ... lesson learned! A mistake I will not make again. ;)
Post edited by Palanthian on

Replies

• It is still possible to Collude in Tournaments.

As I understand the rules It will still be possible to temporary remove Mods from your Defense Squad, Making them allot weaker.

Two Fixes:

1- Remove the option to refresh Targets.

2- Do not allow players to change Mods for Toons used for Defense.

3- As it should be possible to catch players doing this, Actually punish (I know bizarre concept) players trying to Game the system.

IMO, gimping yourself to give an Allie an easy battle is not "good teamwork". If this crap was pulled in any RealWorld Event, those doing so would face consequences.....

VT
  • Defense teams are locked now
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Defense teams are locked now

Mods most likely won't be.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Defense teams are locked now

Yes but mods may not be.

But we don't know they could be locked for the defense team, and not for the player. So when you see a team in the tournament the defense team is always static.

Second they also talked about fixing matching and this could be part of the fix that wouldn't allow 2 players to consistently attack back and forth.

I just wanted to say that because we don't know all the details and they could have thought of it.
  • ...and matchmaking has been improved.

We can hope that this means people won't be able to just collude off the same person back to back.
  • You would still need to refresh your strongest toons to get the best possible outcome against a lower modded top team. Your level 20 guys couldn't beat them, Can still abuse the system, but that would take an insane amount of work.
  • Stormy wrote: »
    ...and matchmaking has been improved.

We can hope that this means people won't be able to just collude off the same person back to back.

@Stormy Dude, they are letting you use and talk to a Tinder account of a female gamer for just 150 crystals a message. I don't know where this collusion thing comes from unless she's into that kind of thing.

( On a serious note, do what I did and stalk teams and feed off them. There is nothing better in this world then abusing a mechanic)
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I'm sure Phil Mitchell does not appreciate that last comment
  • One other way to collude....SET A WEAK/TERRIBLE defense to begin with. Hopefully find someone else that did the same and then the two of you can work together the entire tournament. Lots of risk with that though. If they had all the same people on the same leaderboards as last time then you would be all set but it seems they are changing the matchmaking which will result in different people, even if you do plan on entering the tournament at the exact same time as a friend etc.

For this tournament, I will largely be forced to sit it out since I had recently just used up all of my Ally Points! Crazy that EA would do this. They made mad money off the last tournament and now they aren't going to make any and only the people that saved ally points for a long time will do well. I know one person with 250K Ally Points Saved and another with 216K Ally points. I have just over 5K! It will be impossible for me to compete. Last time I finished 9th and got a 4* Shoretrooper. This time, I will be dead last it seems and get nothing. If I sit this tournament out completely and just save my ally points while everyone uses theirs, maybe I will be able to compete the next time EA pulls this stunt. :/
  • I like it.
    No more crystal craziness.

I only have 5000 ally points, so i ll probably win nothing in the first tournament, but it will level out soon
  • as someone said in another post,

theyll prolly allow you to buy ally points with crystals..

lol
  • Fury77 wrote: »
    as someone said in another post,

lol

Ok. I was being naive again. :neutral:

• Fury77 wrote: »
    as someone said in another post,

lol

And you will be able to buy a ally pack. For £80 for 5k points and jar jar binks shards.
  • Hide players name and make match making anonymous, all problems resolved.

• DarthGozu wrote: »
    Hide players name and make match making anonymous, all problems resolved.

Oh, I like this!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    Hide players name and make match making anonymous, all problems resolved.

Not quite, you will still have rank visible, and that's just enough for the coordinated parties. And you can easily find out if you are in the same shard that way, if not, there is just another hundred of your Team Instinct guildies out there to hassle the game with..
  • What's this about ally points. I have just under 100k saved up. Was going to do a mega run on Bronzium packs with it to get a good feel on the statistics.... but if they will be used for the tourney...I'll save em.
  • Like someone else said, there's nothing to stop some clowns from fielding a weak D for the entire tournament.

Btw, I got your Phil Mitchell joke hobnob, it was funny.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    The tournament is supposed to favor players with a large roster. This means the attempts should be numbered and require a certain amount of characters. Below is my explanation of what i think it should be:

Tournament will be set to 4 days with the first day being the Setup day. Each player will have to set their 6 Total teams (1 Defense and 5 Offense). The following 3 days will be match-up days. Day 1 you face 1 person, day 2 you face a different person, day 3 you face final person.
    Characters will have to have mods set on Setup Day and cannot be moved until Entire Tournament is over.

QUALIFICATIONS:
    Minimum of 30 Characters
    Defensive squad - First 5 characters you choose. These characters cannot be used on the offensive side.

Offense/Battle 1 - Select 5 characters. Cannot be used more than once per day

Offense/Battle 2 - Select next 5 characters. Again cannot be used more than once per day.

Offense/Battle 3 - Select next 5 characters. Again cannot be used more than once per day.

Same for Offense 4 and 5.

Everyone will start in Bracket 4 with players being in certain sections based on player level and # of 7 Star characters and gear etc..
    Since this cannot be live PVP, you face the same player on that day until you either win 3 or lose 3. This means if (Battle Day 1) my match up is against XXX. Both XXX and I win 3 rounds we both move on to the next Bracket.

Everyone who lost 3 rounds against their matchup would stay in Bracket 4 while the winners move to Bracket 3.

REWARDS - At the end of the overall tournament.
    The rewards last time were Shoretrooper shards and gear etc. Rewards could be something like this below:

Bracket 1 - Won all 3 days - Receives Full 7* Shoretrooper 3 full pieces of Raid gear, credits etc.

Bracket 2 - Won 2 out of 3 days - Receives 5 * Shoretrooper, 2 Full pieces of raid gear and salvage gear, credits etc.

Bracket 3 - Won 1 out of 3 days - Receives 3 * Shoretrooper, 1 full piece of raid gear and salvage gear

Bracket 4 - Won 0 out of 3 days - Receives same as Bracket 3 except no Shoretrooper shards.

In my Opinion, this will help the tournament be balanced and fair by limiting the number of attacks because of no refreshes with crystals or Ally coins or anything. Enabling refreshes at all still won't be fair. There are people with hundreds of thousands of Ally points while some have a mere 5000 or less.

My idea will be rewarding the large rosters because some people may have to go into Battle 4 or 5 and will need those 21 -25th or 26th - 30th characters to help win and move them to the next bracket.

Everyone please let me know your thoughts and if you like it give it a +1

@EA_Jesse

• Sounds pretty good. Makes it more of an actual "tournament."
  • I think swapping mods on and off your toons is more of a challenge than fighting in game... U should be rewarded for mod swapping, it costs credits so we need to be rewarded when we help others edge the top of the ladder in the tourney
  • I have about 100k ally points to play around with and stopped today when refreshes hit 4,500. Ended up around the same rank as last time after day 1.

The whales have lots of ally points and GW tokens banked, first place is about 4x where I stopped after 4 hrs so I'm guessing they spent upwards of 250k or more.

Should be a lot better next time but by then the whales already have him to 7* anyway and give the second tier people a good shot. The result would probably would of been the same if it were still crystals but definitely a change for the better, it just would of been a lot better if they used this system from the start.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Should be a lot better next time but by then the whales already have him to 7* anyway and give the second tier people a good shot.
    I hate to break it to you, but this is the final time, the tournament will appear. There is no next time.

• Really, was it in an official announcement? If that's the case, they didn't really resolve much switching to ally points.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Should be a lot better next time but by then the whales already have him to 7* anyway and give the second tier people a good shot.
    I hate to break it to you, but this is the final time, the tournament will appear. There is no next time.

This was never said, CG didn't say it won't return.
  • To clarify, the original Dev post said 'returning for his FINAL appearance.' But it was edited to say 'second appearance.' Likely it'll return then.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    To clarify, the original Dev post said 'returning for his FINAL appearance.' But it was edited to say 'second appearance.' Likely it'll return then.

Also I believe they were referring to Shoretrooper and not the tournament itself
  • These tournaments are gonna be around for awhile. This may be shoretrooper's last appearance in it before they put him in chromiums or cantina nodes but we'll see other rogue one characters in there for us to farm
  • Last 3 events were whale centric. If ships cater to whales it's gonna be sad.
  • It´s the last tournament with Shoretrooper but the tournament comes back.