Where does Fives shine?

I've been using him in both GW and Arena but not sure where he fits mostly. His slow and counter is obviously great. I use him with Lumi, Luke, Sid and JC/Phasma.

Replies

• He fits everywhere. He is the best. I never leave home without him
  • He's best against an aoe team. He has enough hp to survive their assault and will slow them down for easy clean up.
  • I asked the same question few days ago, and the best reply i got was a counter assist team! Something with phasma (leader, gives chance for fives assist attack to get 2 assists), fives, kylo ren(also benefits from phasma's leader ability), lumi and sid/doku (pick 1 of last 2). Im quite new and just hirlt lvl 57, curently farming doku and kylo to try this out. But this team wrecks AOE teams, lots of control with fives and phasma and lots of pressure with the assists and counters. Like I said i havent tried it yet, but it sounds cool so i def will!
  • Fives is much more valuable on offense than on defense (under AI control). His combination of HP, counters, and speed down are useful tools vs. the AI that uses AoE willy-nilly and applies little strategy. On defense, he's a non-issue, again because the AI has no idea how to really use him properly (spreading speed down around and using the assist ability to actually do damage).
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    I actually like to put together teams where nearly everyone has an assist attack so I love my 5's plus his beefiness and counter attack are fun, yeah he doesn't do a ton of damage on his own but that's what assist is for :)
  • I asked the same question few days ago, and the best reply i got was a counter assist team! Something with phasma (leader, gives chance for fives assist attack to get 2 assists), fives, kylo ren(also benefits from phasma's leader ability), lumi and sid/doku (pick 1 of last 2). Im quite new and just hirlt lvl 57, curently farming doku and kylo to try this out. But this team wrecks AOE teams, lots of control with fives and phasma and lots of pressure with the assists and counters. Like I said i havent tried it yet, but it sounds cool so i def will!

This is my team currently.

Phasma
    Kylo
    5s
    Lumi
    Sid.

I'll trade Dooku for Sid when I get him.
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    I've been using him in both GW and Arena but not sure where he fits mostly. His slow and counter is obviously great. I use him with Lumi, Luke, Sid and JC/Phasma.

Option one is a counter team with Phasma, Dooku, FOO, 5's, and Kylo as some good pickups.

Option two is a tanky build. I lost my #1 arena rank against a team that ran Bariss, FOTP, 5's, Chewey and another tanky hero, I can't remember who at the moment.

Doesn't work as well as it sounds. There's not a lot of AoE teams I find. There are a lot of Sid and Phasma teams, though. Basically, you are countering Sid, Phasma, Lumi, Chewy/Poe, JC.
    Cecton wrote: »
    I asked the same question few days ago, and the best reply i got was a counter assist team! Something with phasma (leader, gives chance for fives assist attack to get 2 assists), fives, kylo ren(also benefits from phasma's leader ability), lumi and sid/doku (pick 1 of last 2). Im quite new and just hirlt lvl 57, curently farming doku and kylo to try this out. But this team wrecks AOE teams, lots of control with fives and phasma and lots of pressure with the assists and counters. Like I said i havent tried it yet, but it sounds cool so i def will!

This is my team currently.

Phasma
    Kylo
    5s
    Lumi
    Sid.

I'll trade Dooku for Sid when I get him.

I've tried combos of all six. Sid is needed for his heal block. Kylo's doesn't hit as often and you want Kylo's specials used all the time anyways.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Ok guys thanks. I love Fives - but I know he doesn't do too much DPS, obv. he's more utility. Between Dooku and Fives, who is more valuable would you say? I almost have Kylo unlocked.
  • Fives shine on nickles... Duh! You and your riddles...
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    DiscoSlice wrote: »

Option one is a counter team with Phasma, Dooku, FOO, 5's, and Kylo as some good pickups.

Option two is a tanky build. I lost my #1 arena rank against a team that ran Bariss, FOTP, 5's, Chewey and another tanky hero, I can't remember who at the moment.

As somebody relativly new, why FOO?
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    DiscoSlice wrote: »

As somebody relativly new, why FOO?

Probably means FO Trooper