Who is willing to unload their War token stash

Tournament in this format will be who can refresh the most times spending their ally points. Since they made them available for purchase in the GW store, this tournament will be determined by who has the largest War Token stash to spend. When can we get a tournament that is based on skill and knowledge of the game, and not based on hoarding tactics of spending most money wins?

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    This is 1000% better than the last one. I can spend Ally Tokens; they have made them much more accessible; yes you can spend money and get more; but those who spend money always get an advantage, this is nothing new; and to be honest its not that great of an advantage; with only a few days notice I've managed to save up almost 100k Ally tokens, I had zero before it started; and I had zero GW Tokens saved up, the two 10k's and buying the 18k pack out of GW had quickly boosted my numbers.

P2P have paid for that priv; and the game would not continue on without those willing to pay for it. First and foremost this game's objective is to make money; and while those who pay money have a distinct advantage that they have earned its not an insurmountable task. That and it also depends on what shard you get put on in the tourny, some are much more difficult than others.
  • Dude they increased ally points in every game modes, you even get 5k free daily
  • jonni
    133 posts Member
    when will people ever realise resource management is part of the 'skill' required in this game?!
  • I played this tournament like 100 times yesterday until I couldn't take it anymore. I used like 30k of tokens. Still have 40k left and just cashed in another 18k from GW shipments. And I only started saving ally point when they announced this tournament. This is waaaaaay more accessible or everyone. If you dont have the ally points to stay relatively competitive, you did something wrong. This is infinitely better than crystal refresh.
  • jonni wrote: »
    when will people ever realise resource management is part of the 'skill' required in this game?!

Are you serious? You know you can just buy nearly everything in the game right?

I bought Rex and just bought 5m credits about 10 mins ago and beat everyone in my guild in Rancor. Stand back, I'm a pro.

Bought some nice mods nobody in my guild can afford.

Not being sarcastic, I did pay for those and a lot more.

There is no skill in this game, it's just farming and how long you've done it or how much money you spend.

GW tokens are the only exception, you can't buy them but it's just who grinded the longest.

• I would hold on to enough GW tokens to max a new player. Its been a while since they added a farmable character to gw. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens After everyone blows their stash on ally points.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • I would hold on to enough GW tokens to max a new player. Its been a while since they added a farmable character to gw. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens After everyone blows their stash on ally points.

It'll be Shore Trooper ;)

They need to add someone. Probably will be some Rogue One toons or Shoretrooper.
  • Lol, well the tournament made the decision for me. I am at a point where I can't really beat the teams the tourney is giving me so I am just waiting until I drop and can find some teams to beat. I still have 122k ally points, but I don't think I will be using most of them.
  • Its better than straight up crystals
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    Lol, well the tournament made the decision for me. I am at a point where I can't really beat the teams the tourney is giving me so I am just waiting until I drop and can find some teams to beat. I still have 122k ally points, but I don't think I will be using most of them.

Me neither mate. It's arena auction part 2!

Well my bracket has been pretty stable for the last few hours. I've stayed at No. 33.

I'm guessing people will wait til later today or tonight to start making moves. We'll see, but I am not wasting ally points unless its in battles I know I should be able to win.
  • Meretrix wrote: »
    I would hold on to enough GW tokens to max a new player. Its been a while since they added a farmable character to gw. It wouldn't surprise me if it happens After everyone blows their stash on ally points.

It'll be Shore Trooper ;)

That would be epic trolling on their part. I honestly hope they are not that short-sighted.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Lol, well the tournament made the decision for me. I am at a point where I can't really beat the teams the tourney is giving me so I am just waiting until I drop and can find some teams to beat. I still have 122k ally points, but I don't think I will be using most of them.

Me neither mate. It's arena auction part 2!

Well my bracket has been pretty stable for the last few hours. I've stayed at No. 33.

I'm guessing people will wait til later today or tonight to start making moves. We'll see, but I am not wasting ally points unless its in battles I know I should be able to win.

Thats just it. Looking for fights you know you can win. Keep hitting the refresh button until you get a favorable fight. Where is the challenge? How bout thet remove the refresh button. Or set up brackets and if you get knocked out of a bracket you can "buy" your way back in.
    This format now is lame and boring. Lame tournament just on the heels of a lame tank raid.
  • I like this better by far. Last tournament was rank 3k. Now I'm rank 46 and only drop to 200-300 overnight but regain in about five minutes to rank 40. I only want to be in the top 100 to unlock shoretrooper.