Recommendations after...

Feng
161 posts Member
Hello! In 2 days time, I'll be maxing out my current 6* IG86. I've already gotten my 7* lumi , hence I'm thinking of what to go next. I've considered phasma and pooggle, however I have not make up my mind. Can anyone help me with this by giving some helpful inputs? :)

Replies

• Options
    Nightsister Initiate seems pretty cool.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options

Wow are u for real! :D haha but I don't think I'll be starting a night Sister team anytime!!
  • Options
    Phasma is someone you need to build around her leader ability. Poggle is for droids or for massive burst damage teams. Really depends what other characters you have...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma is someone you need to build around her leader ability.

WRONG! so so so wrong.. I don't have Phasma as leader, but she against certain teams even as a team player is very effective... She's a turn manipulator and a fairly decent one at that when you have her abilities levelled up..

Poggle although a lot of his abilities are droid focused. That three turn offense buff he gives is USEFUL to any and all teams!

That said @Feng.. your opinions is really down to what you need most... Someone who can offense buff? or someone who can manipulate turn meters...

Bear in mind Poggle's offense buff can be dispelled... and if you are facing someone like QGJ, that's not a good thing to have up if you have glass canon's on your team...

My opinion is Phasma slightly edges it but not by much...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Feng wrote: »

Wow are u for real! :D haha but I don't think I'll be starting a night Sister team anytime!!

She has the second highest HP in the game after Bariss at gear 9. She crits a lot. And I can't see what else is good in GW except Phasma or Poggle.

I thought Phasma was pretty awesome when she was first available, now I'm not so sure if I'll farm her.

Poggle is alright. The ability block is good.
  • Options
    What about Dathcha? He´s very good against droid comps.

Poggle is always a great option for any team really, he´s quick and his buff is awesome.
  • YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The top 1% don't use Phasma...

Phasma does offer some very unique utility and can compliment many configurations, but without Advantage she hits like a pillow. Plus, the trigger rate on the bonus attacks isn't something you can count on enough to get you through most higher ranking battles. Phasma's speed will often put her last or very close to that in all batles.

I am consistently top 3 Arena on my server. Here is my line up-

Sid, 7*, lvl VIII gear (leader)
    Poggle, 7*, lvl VII gear
    Poe, 7*, lvl VIII gear
    Geo Soldier, 7*, lvl VIII gear
    Rey, 6*, lvl VII gear

I use Poggle in this instance because his speed puts him near the front of the pack and his offense boost allows my squad to slaughter anything it faces. His basic attack also has the chance to ability block, which helps control any life gain should the other team survive longer than two rounds.

In my opinion, you should entrust in Poggle, especially since you've already invested in droids.
  • Options
    What do you mean the top 1% don't use phasma? She is leader in 48 of the top 100 in my arena.
  • Options
    What do you mean the top 1% don't use phasma? She is leader in 48 of the top 100 in my arena.

Whales don't use Phasma. She is good but most of the premium heroes blow her out of the water.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Wow.. Based on the comments, I think I should go for Pooglee right?

My main team is BARISS, Sid , lumi, JC , DAKA. All maxed out except Bariss and DAKA at 4 and 6 stars respectively.

Also I have a soon to be 7*ig 86 and 5* IG 88
  • Options
    You also need to specify are you looking only for PVP or how are your light / dark / GW teams? If you include all in, Phasma is dominant in PVE content and still very good in PVP. Some will use Phasma in the top ranks - in the team referenced above, instead of Poggle for a boost, people will use Phasma as a leader for offensive boost ... Phasma lead, FOTP, Geo Soldier, Poe...then you can use Sid or Rey...there's multiple configurations of that Poe build that are strong. Phasma is also pretty tanky too. Poggle or Phasma should be your choice, but a lot depends on what need you're looking to fill.
  • Options

My main team is BARISS, Sid , lumi, JC , DAKA. All maxed out except Bariss and DAKA at 4 and 6 stars respectively.

The amount of healers in your team...just wow lol

If your 86 is 6* you should throw out Barris.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options

Haha I know right!!! It's like, whenever I face a team in arena / GW with no Sidious, I'm like.. I got this bruh! HAHA!! :D

Ohh really? But I feel that Bariss is kinda good to counter healing immunity !
  • Options
    Because Sid gives crit chance and damage which is all that we need in this speed/dmg meta.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Haha I know right!!! It's like, whenever I face a team in arena / GW with no Sidious, I'm like.. I got this bruh! HAHA!! :D

Her damage sucks. Plus you have so many Jedi, I'm surprised you can even kill Sid. In arena you don't really need to counter heal immunity. You need 86. I would also try to replace your JC. Try 88 in his spot but 5* is squishy. You might want to wait unless it turns out well. One healer is more than enough, but Daka is a solid backup because of her stuns/revive.
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Options

Her damage sucks. Plus you have so many Jedi, I'm surprised you can even kill Sid. In arena you don't really need to counter heal immunity. You need 86. I would also try to replace your JC. Try 88 in his spot but 5* is squishy. You might want to wait unless it turns out well. One healer is more than enough, but Daka is a solid backup because of her stuns/revive.

I see I see... Yup I'm trying to replace both Bariss and JC.

However if I do so, my team will be this
    Sidious 7* (leader) , lumi 7* , DAKA 6* , IG 86 6* (30 more shards to 7*) and IG 88 5*.

I think this has good offense and will bring me up arena ranks , however , is the Defence good? Because I don't have any impressive taunters at the time being, all I have is 5* CHEWWIE or 3* Poe. Both are at gear 6!
  • Options
    I beg to differ. Ranks 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 10 are all phasma in my arena.
  • Options

Sidious 7* (leader) , lumi 7* , DAKA 6* , IG 86 6* (30 more shards to 7*) and IG 88 5*.

That looks like a really good team.

• Options

Her damage sucks. Plus you have so many Jedi, I'm surprised you can even kill Sid. In arena you don't really need to counter heal immunity. You need 86. I would also try to replace your JC. Try 88 in his spot but 5*. One healer is more than enough, but Daka is a solid backup because of her stuns/revive.

I see I see... Yup I'm trying to replace both Bariss and JC.

I think this has good offense and will bring me up arena ranks , however , is the Defence good? Because I don't have any impressive taunters at the time being, all I have is 5* CHEWWIE or 3* Poe. Both are at gear 6!

Trust me when I say that healers are garbage on defense. You shouldn't worry too much about defense as long as you can climb easily back up for rewards