KNOWN ISSUES - 12/23/2015

Replies

• Options
    Correct, this is a display bug that the team is aware of and working on. You aren't actually losing any Galactic War tokens, it's just showing you more than you should be receiving.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Correct, this is a display bug that the team is aware of and working on. You aren't actually losing any Galactic War tokens, it's just showing you more than you should be receiving.

I'm sure you have your work cut out for you and you must be pretty busy maintaining the forum as well as other responsibilities, @EA_Jesse, but I think me and everyone else would appreciate you mentioning more than just one issue every couple of pages.I'm sure you've read every response here and a simple "we will look into X and get back to you" or "We were not aware of Y, could you provide <insert whatever specifics you might need>" would help ease some of the community's frustration.
  • SemperDie
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    [*] Multiple Arena awards being sent in the same day

Please take your time fixing this one, extra rewards is the least of the bugs I've noticed so far. I've experienced just about all listed above, but the most frustrating are:
    1. Game freezing and connection issue
    2. Rewards cut in half or just plain missing missing
    3. Targeting glitch
  • Options
    So Dooku was removed from the OP, does that mean that he's not going to be changed?
  • Options
    MachiiNe wrote: »
    exterminus wrote: »
    Sw_Home wrote: »
    If u nerf Barris.
    I want to refund my 49.99 usd.
    :)
    Me too. I've payed for Barris like She is now.
    She is not op. With Count u can block her very well. The balancing is ok.
    U only have to test some taktiks.

Sorry bruh, that's not how this works. Microtransactions are non-refundable.

Refer to the Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when you made your account. See paragraphs 3 & 5 in particular: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section5

Handy tip: You can't "opt out" of consumer law.

If I buy a red shirt and it arrives and its blue, the company can't denie me a refund because they write "No refunds" somewhere.

The characters you purchase DO arrive as they were advertised at the time of sale. The company just reserves the right to alter the games content at a latter date, that character included.
    League of legends has been doing exactly that for years and it is the most successful video game in history. Their community NEVER complains either because they value gamelay over currency. Their community is also notorious for being absolutely terrible in every way imaginable; so, anyone trying to justify $5 over balance, imo, makes them the scum of gamers.

Well, no. Can't speak for LOL never having played it, but if you read the terms of service for WoW whenever they change something, buried right in the middle is " we changed this if you don't agree take the software back to the supplier" Another handy tip: Writing "We get to change the contract whenever we want" doesn't actually hold up AT ALL if you challenge it.
  • Options
    Kinda funny how double rewards disappeared, but the other issues that affect players are still there and now are even more of them!
  • Options
    Is anyone left at CG to write the code?
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    my main issues.
    1. targeting in Battles takes so much fun of the game. first of all u almost cant click on the char u want to attack and second the target jumps arround like it wants to witouth a taunt. this is annoying and know since first day i play this game. no idea what takes so long to fix this
    2. the ally points. we still dont get any of our coins used from our allys to borrow our leader. i have no idea how much allypoints the whole community lost. we have to get something in reward
  • Raden
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In regards to the ally points, until it's fixed, I believe the drop rates should be significantly increased and/or we should get daily stipends of enough points for 10-20 packs. Because honestly after all this time it was broken I should have had enough points to open well over 100 packs. I have some very active friends and they use my leaders EVERY chance they get.
  • Options
    I've noticed in the past 2-3 days that I don't think I've seen one SIM ticket drop. I know that the daily award was increased to 25, but are they still supposed to drop during battles? I was over 100 a few days ago and started dropping rapidly. I've started watching each battle since yesterday, and through probably 40-50 of them, not one drop. They do still show as possible rewards though.

Thanks!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Raden wrote: »

I'm sure you have your work cut out for you and you must be pretty busy maintaining the forum as well as other responsibilities, @EA_Jesse, but I think me and everyone else would appreciate you mentioning more than just one issue every couple of pages.I'm sure you've read every response here and a simple "we will look into X and get back to you" or "We were not aware of Y, could you provide <insert whatever specifics you might need>" would help ease some of the community's frustration.
    The lack of feedback is very frustrating and as a result there is a lot of threads repeating the same bugs burying important information, and making it even harder for you to spot.

The OP has not been updated in a long time, and even game updates are not being reported properly with patch notes.

For eg. You have ally points mentioned in the OP @EA_Jesse, yet this has already been patched in a previous update (very poorly imo).

Where it used to say, "you and your ally will receive 20 ally points", it now says, "you will receive 20 ally points."

I understand that it must be difficult to add a function that awards ally points to the player lending the hero, however they have just removed any incentive for higher level players to ally with low level players to assist them with good spec leaders for their missions.
    Post edited by Keaven on
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Im pretty sute Leia is still bugged, she boosts her allies 100%
  • Options
    My game is stuck on the loading screen, I haven't missed a day of playing this game until now, how am I supposed to get my daily rewards?
  • Options
    Upgrade skill grey out!!!!

I got the stuff to upgrade skills but it's grey out!!!

H-E-L-P!!!!!

P.S. love the game.
  • Options
    ok another thing what really gets out of control.
    GW. I would say i finish about 80 % of all my GW but its getting worse and worse.
    i am lvl 57 right now and when i face my first fights against lvl 51 or 53 doesnt matter. there team always atacks first even with **** blue gear. stunning 3 of me or beating the **** out of my full gear VII team and losing half of my live with every member. this is broken and has to be fixed
  • Cleaner
    192 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Skills are bugged. I was choosing between several abilities to level up, chose one, got more mats, and now the same skills which I was able to level before are unavailable to level up despite meeting the level requirement and despite having all the materials necessary. It's NOT a level requirement, and I'm not mistaken about scrolling down. I know all three materials types are necessary to level it and have all three in abundance. Skills in question are Sidious Deathstroke, Landos Gamblers shot and many others. I can't level up any of them though They were available to level a second ago before I chose Luminaras skill.

The game is not registering some of my materials.

Edit: okay, I got one more level 3 ability mat and now all are registering properly. Problem was I already had enough to level these skills. So the mats were there I just couldn't use them until they activated by getting another one. Big time bug, but at least it's not deceiving me about my winnings.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    But those players that paid for her didn't do it because they thought they were getting an advantage (or so I'm told). They actually just like her as a character. So why does it matter if she's nerfed anyway?

I bought that pack because I thought it had cool characters and it would give me an advantage. I like spending a small amount of $ early in the game because then you get to more quickly unlock better parts of it, which allows me to more easily keep close to the people who spend thousands.
    Most people bought the pack because of what the characters can do and we all know it, so the sarcasm isn't helping the discussion.

My sarcasm does help, as it brings light to the many threads of folks acting as though they didn't buy the characters for the perceived advantage. They didn't want to be called P2Wers, so they made up other excuses for their purchases. To be fair, there were some who were open about the fact they choose to pay for an advantage. But for those still masquerading, this BUD is good you.

Hell, they could decide not to nerf them. Either way, I got great entertainment out of the whole situation. It doesn't matter to me either way, as I have no vested interest on either side.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate others funding these types of games, so that I can play for free. However, after so many games doing the same things, you'd think gamers would learn their lessons, and stop being such fools in falling for the same tricks...

All your posts are very condescending and elitist. You're so amused and laughing at everyone...you're the smartest guy in the room..referencing "laymen" and "average forumgoer"...etc. It's also odd that you admit that you're getting entertainment out of the discomfort of others.

The reason people purchased something or not should have no relevancy here. It's whether these toons are broken / OP or not...and they are not. That's the relevant issue.

You're also making a statement that people only spend on OP stuff...totally not true. There are people spending for farming units like Ahsoka, Consular, Chewy, Sidious....by your logic, since they are spending money farming those units, does that make them OP by default? Presenting proof that something is OP because people spent money on it is very weak. There were folks that bought the Mace Windu pack as well and the droid pack...are all those units OP too? I don't understand how your point can be consistently applied across all spending transactions.

For a guy that doesn't care you sure are posting a lot here.

I have a 6* Consular, at gear 5, and a 4* Barris at gear 6...that Consular is a more critical part of my team than Barriss. Should Consular be nerfed? He heals for more than her on average per toon (>2K) and his damage offensively is 2-3x that of Barriss. People just need to build up other units and get them to a mature level to make a fair comparison. I do read posts BTW...and you mentioning that you are stuck on 4L indicates you do not have a well built roster yet - so how can you make a comparison of your toons against a ready-made 4* unit from a pack? Do you have other 4/5/6* toons to face her with? What are people using against Barriss to make this claim?

Haven't been here in a while, didn't realize you responded.

If you think I'm elitist, I'd hate to see what you call those that use their "Real Life" credentials to speak down to others with differing opinions. Nobody EVER calls them out, because they don't want to ruin there online reputation...

I've been around gaming forums for a minute or two, and these forum attitudes are typical. I always seek to help New players as much as possible, even when everyone is shaming them for not using Search. I say average, because in my experience, they are just that. They don't dig deep into the bowels of forums, or really get into the other nuances. They come, make their issues known, and likely never come back.

Sure, players drop money in other areas of the game as well; but it's a futile argument to try to say that in F2P games, such as this one, which are widley known across the world to create and foster P2W, that players are just dropping $50 for a "recommended" character, just because it's a "noble" thing to do. P2W is a clearly effective method to draw money from a playerbase, just as is creating massive time restrictions that can be shortened with purchases. I don't fault the creators, as it's the player's choice. However, those who to partake in P2W usually don't want to be labeled as such, while at the same time masquerading as though they earned their achievements the "hard" way.

Just as F2P players must accept that they are "whiny low income scrubs who need better jobs", according to many P2W personalities in the forum; P2W players must accept that any status they attain will be tainted by the fact they bought their way to the top, thus devaluing their accomplishment. P2W is a title nobody wants, but an activity many WANT to participate in, without others knowing. That's why you'll see people saying, "I'm mostly F2P". Now there are quite a few folks who outright own their P2W status, and instead of talking down, they use what they've learned to help others.

That being said, people can use their money any way see fit.

My issue with 4L wasn't that it was too hard. It was that the difficulty jump made no sense. All previous maps were difficult, but manageable with similar level characters. Yet this one was labeled as level 30, and most people are being wiped in either the first round before even getting their first turn, or in the second, by the full lineup of event AOE. The average advice given for the issue was, "it's meant to be beat at level 43", which clearly makes no sense. If the difficulty is meant to be that of level 43, then why are the mobs labeled so low?

I don't care, because the outcome won't change my decision to play. However, that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion I want to share, just like everyone else. My argument isn't against OP items, it's against the terrible justification those give for why it's NOT OP. It's quite silly to primarily see people who have paid for the item, making adamant claims of it not being OP, as though everyone making the complaint are just picking random characters to call OP. Just because we find workarounds doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.
  • Options
    So is the lag going to be fixed? Or is this yet another example of EA ignoring it because people are still paying for crystals? Seriously, it's what they do, if a problem does not result in loss of sales it's ignored. If we all stopped buying crystals for a fortnight the lag issue would magically become the number one item on the " to do" list.
  • Options
    Lust008 wrote: »
    Upgrade skill grey out!!!!

I got the stuff to upgrade skills but it's grey out!!!

H-E-L-P!!!!!

P.S. love the game.

Scroll down past the green and blue materials and see if there is purple required.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ability to purchase or acquire shards on characters maxed out. My Luminara has 5 shards past her rank. Now she has 5/0 to next level. Basic level teenager from computer science 1 would have the intelligence to know how to stop that from happening.

EA programmers have less intelligence than a 16 year old.
  • Options
    I payed the $4.99 and only got 3 days worth of shards I hope this will be fixed and replaced if not this will be the last EA game I buy
  • Options
    Bought 7 day shards only received 3 days give me my shard or that will be the last $5 EA gets from me... I'm also a Ea access member on Xbox one which I will cancel which I will cancel it looses Netflix if this is not fixed
  • Options
    I am owed either $3.00 or the 390 crystal difference.
    I spoke with someone on the phone and he told me I needed to contact Itunes about it which made no sense. I made the purchase through the game, not Itunes. I received what I asked for in game and was charged for a higher package. This is the fault of the EA app, not ITunes.
    He of course got angry with me and told me he was switching me to in game support and put me on hold for 20 mins or so....really?
    Is this how business is done with EA? I get charged for something I not only didnt choose, but didnt even receive and when I call in for some support, the support person gets all **** and puts me on indefinite hold?
    And I just realized after seeing another post that I bought the 7 day crystal option and never received my daily allowance for today. I should have 2-3 days left.
    Vode an
  • Options

Does this apply to shards as well because I was shown that I was awarded tokens and shards I never received on multiple occassions.
  • Options

The same thing is happening in Galactic War with ability tokens. It will say 4 Mark 1 ability tokens as the reward, but only 1 is actually credited. This seems pretty systemic in GW.

FYI it's probably better just to say we are working on changing the displayed value reflect the actual received reward. The provided rationale makes sense from a logical point of view, but neurologically it still feels like a loss to everyone regardless. It's like telling a 3 year old they can have 4 cookies for dessert, then when you only give them one you say "you aren't losing any cookies I just said you could have more than you could actually have." The 3 year old is going to be upset regardless.
  • Options
    how do i fix from being stuck at the loading screen? i open the game and i get stuck at where it says loading cantina?? ive been stuck there for 2 days??
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Any shot (or progress) on the myltiple arena rewards being handed out daily?????

1) its not rite
    2) its not earned
    3) its not fair to those who dont get multiple rewards
    4) personally im sick of hearing ppl gloat about getting multiple rewards

Sending extra to those who have not gotten any extra would be cool an all but im not after rewards i didnt earn. Just want it fixed so i dont have to keep seeing ppl gloat about it

Thanks
  • Options
    I have also experienced the issue where it say i was awarded money/tokens/ability materials and then I some small portion or none at all. This happens multiple times per day. I submitted a ticket, waited 2 days then called (i see they are having problems getting back to people) and then spent 35 minutes on hold just to be told they can't do anything about it. EA should be able to see how much people have earned and credit them, but if not just credit everyone a ton proportional to the amount they have played or something, either way the reward needs to be huge.
  • Options
    DMC1030 wrote: »
    It's like telling a 3 year old they can have 4 cookies for dessert, then when you only give them one you say "you aren't losing any cookies I just said you could have more than you could actually have." The 3 year old is going to be upset regardless.

You used a simile here, but a metaphor would've been just as apt.
  • Options
    quit whining about p2w. i got to rank 150 spending only 5 dollars on dooku. spent 100 dollars on kylo ren last night even tho i knew it would be a while before he became viable i just wanted a head start on collecting his shards from cantina 4c. grind talia or consular shards from cantina and get a grip on reality, ur playing an awesome game for free. got 4 star barriss offee from a bronze pack yesterday morning, too. u get about 100 crystals a day from daily rewards so use those to refill energy twice and grind out ur shards from hard levels. not that difficult. btw buying the force awaken pack has left me with multiple new characters wo shards to train them so don't expect to be a powerhouse just bc u spent money, it all takes time and patience.

"We're gonna need a little energon, and a lot of luck..."