Yet another "whom to farm in Arena" thread

Ring
559 posts Member
My STHan is close to 7* (currently sitting at 90/100), so tomorrow I'll need to start farming a new character. I've narrowed it down to 3 options:
- Admiral Ackbar - for obvious reasons: ships coming (in August). I have a 7* Mace as a Commander, but I'm not really a fan of his, so I'd prefer fishface. The problem is that I don't even have him unlocked, got a whopping 6/80 shards for him, so farming will take a loooong time...
- Princess Leia - since I hope that the Palpie event will make another appearance, I want to have a Rebel team up and running just in case. I'm relatively close to 7*-ing Lando, got 7* Biggs and 5* Wedge, so with STHan and Leia they should manage. Also, she has an advantage over Ackbar because I unlocked her and she's currently at 3/65, so waaay shorter farm than Ackbar.
- IG88 - the one I'm least inclined to farm. I could use him in Credit Heists, but with Lando and STHan, I don't really need him all that much (also, I'm currently farming Cad Bane in GW, so I'm good with the scoundrels). Don't have a droid team to put him in, so there's not much reason to farm him aside from the fact that he can be a pretty decent Dark Side attacker. Unlocked, 4*, 41/65 (I used to farm him a while back when I was thinking of putting together a droid team).

Ackbar seems to have the most going for him, but the long farm is pretty daunting :( What would you guys suggest?

Replies

• I'd say Ackbar or IG88. Ackbar has a lot of use so maybe he'd be the number one choice. But you may need 88 if you don't have 5 scoundrels? You'll need 5 scoundrels for the 5dot Crit chance mod challenge. Leia is ok but I regret going for her instead of Ackbar.
  • I never really liked Ackbar and went with HRScout instead for my fifth Rebel. He was usually there to just give some speed. If you really do not want to use Mace as a commander though then that's an issue. Enemy Leia's always hit 3 times for some reason lol
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Sadly, you'll probably need Leia, AA, 88, and Tarkin. 88 is better than Cad for Scoundrels (imho). Leia for the eventual return of EP (she's also my main dps for gw. Stays stealthed 99.9% of the time, and buffs the rest of the team). Tarkin for ships, if you're inclined to want to run a DS fleet, assuming that's how it works. AA for ships and possibly EP.

More immediately, I'd probably finish Leia first. After that is your choice depending on who's closest and what's most important to you.
  • If you don't have 5 rebels consider doing both to 5*

EP is very strong you don't want to miss him

Also btw 4* isn't much of a head start if you intend on going all the way to 7. 83/330 isnt that much more than 6/330. I wouldn't sweat over that just make the right choice
  • Farm credits for mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ackbar is a good lead for his speed, but if you run wiggs and Lando right off the bat half his leader ability goes out the window since they do not have a non attack special.

Ig88 is probably the second most useful (tied with 86 but sweeping ability block is better then dps of 86 when hes not in a droid team)droid behind b2, outside of a droid team.

Leia is great and like 88 is a great dps sub in the new raid.
  • AA for ships, and rebel team when EP event comes back. Then 88 for scoundrel and eventually a droid squad. HK/88/86 are easy mode in galactic war, and dark side battles. They are also putting up INSANE damage against the tank raid.
  • AA's first IMO for dispel, EP event, and ships.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Thanks for the suggestions and replies :) Guess I'll go with Ackbar first.