Shoretrooper Farming Idea - Shard Shop

DrD
91 posts Member
edited November 2016
So as part of the majority that didn't 7* Shoretrooper after this tournament, I'd like some way to continue to farm him over time. The tricky part is finding a way to make him farmable without making those who spent a lot of time or money on the tournaments feel cheated.

My idea is to have 2 Shoretrooper shards appear occasionally in Shard Shop the same way that Vader shards do. This way it's a very slow farm, so it's fair to those who already have him maxed, but can provide some excitement and progression for everyone else.

Also, from a money-making prospective for EA/CG, it would provide those who already have 7* Vader a reason to still consider refreshing the Shard Shop.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I like the idea. It provides at least a goal to work towards for those of us who didn't have 400k allied points. (I went through approximately 140-160k points and still ended up sub-100 with a good roster)
  • I want him in GW shipments! If he wont be available there within one week I will ragequit the game!
  • rawman wrote: »
    I want him in GW shipments! If he wont be available there within one week I will ragequit the game!
    cya

• No ty
  • Please add him to shard shop, I only need 15 := (
  • Yes please.. from a completitionist point of view, having 35 shards of a character and being not able to complete the collection, it is frustrating... while having it, even if in this really sloooow way, could be an additional motivation to remain in this game and not moving away...
  • Naw rather have it be a hard node than shard shop. Better yet cantina shipments or arena shipment.
  • I think that shore (or whatever character rotates out of tournaments) would be a fantastic addition to shard shop. I'd even say that making shore have a guaranteed spot wouldn't be unreasonable either. But I like people having variety options.
  • FFS add him to GW shipments and be done with it
  • I have him at 5* and I would like to 7 star him but for those who put in the huge amount of time to get to 7* it should not worthless. I would agree he would need to got into the shardshop like vader he can't be easy to get otherwise that would deter spending time/resources in tourneys
  • I guess you all save your Ally points then?
  • GW shipments or shipments 320 for 4
  • Shard shop would make sense. Perhaps he could even be added in additional achievements in case the player already has 7* Vader...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To OP,

Why would ea/cg care if ppl feel cheated? They released a bunch of p2p toons that had some of the shortest time behind the pay wall without batting an eye.

But the best joke would be to put him in GW store.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    If he gets added to GW shipments I'll be head hunting the staff at EA/Capital games, I didn't spend a small fortune and go to hell and back in two tournaments to see the toon available to anyone. Getting the rest of his shards should be tough af, but doable, no way I want him in cantina either, all you f2p can go do one if you think you're getting him any time soon.
  • I fully expect him to be added to the shard shop. It's the slowest farm and they've already made him fairly difficult for the masses. This would make the most sense.
  • Cantina. Will be fair for all. The tourments was shambles anyway.
  • rawman wrote: »
    I want him in GW shipments! If he wont be available there within one week I will ragequit the game!

Putting him in the GW shipments would be the biggest Troll move ever perpetrated by a game developer. A lot of people spent a lot of GW crystals getting ally points to rank high enough to unlock and star him. To turn around and just let people by him with the original said crystals would infuriate a lot of people that spent GW crystals.
  • I think the problem with shore is that we simply do not know what CGs original intent was for the character. If he was intended as a quick soft fix for the aoe lando meta, limited release of him in tournies seems really silly and counterintuitive. Why lock a fix as a reward for a small (relatively) number of players? IMO if this was the intent, it's kinda silly.

If shore was designed as the fix for the aoe meta with the intent to allow players to slowly change him in, while at the same time making his release slow enough to give aoe players a chance to react and farm new teams, then the original design makes some sense. It's still to think CG should band aid fix against Wiggs/lando abd have those players get caught because they ran strong teams.

If, however, he was designed as he whale super healer (that he is), yeah, limiting his shards to maintain exclusivity makes sense.

The shard shop probably accomplishes all of this in the most balanced fashion(IMO), due to forcing players who want him to counter aoe teams to give up other resources/farms to work on shore, taking a considerably amount of time to finish/unlock him, all the while making him inherently more valuable than any other non shard shop character. It also appeases those who have not finished/unlocked him to push for the next shards.

Tldr:
    We simply do not know what CG intended for shore.
    Shard shop is a good way to maintain his value and let players slowly farm their meta preferences.
  • Anything in the shard shop isn't a good idea.
  • Those who used money to get shoretrooper was their own choice?

And if tournament is instead of auromium packs look were wedge and B2 landed..
  • jabo5886 wrote: »
    rawman wrote: »

Putting him in the GW shipments would be the biggest Troll move ever perpetrated by a game developer. A lot of people spent a lot of GW crystals getting ally points to rank high enough to unlock and star him. To turn around and just let people by him with the original said crystals would infuriate a lot of people that spent GW crystals.

LOL
    I hope he is gonna be in GW shipments :smile:

I would lol

That being said if B2 wasnt farmable then shoretrooper would dominate even at 4*.

Like say... buying geonosian spy for 200 bucks on aurodium packs and have it farmable in cantina in september...?

They already done it...
  • I like this idea