B Team for GW

I'm struggling to get through GW and I think it's because I don't have a suitable B team.

My A Team:
Phasma 5* Gear lvl 7 (Leader)
Kylo 4* Gear lvl 7
First Order Storm Trooper 4* Gear lvl 7
Luminaria 4* Gear lvl 6
JC 4* Gear lvl 7

I don't really have an established B team but here's my roster (bare with me):
Savage 5*
Sidius 5*
Dooku 4*
IG-86 2*
Talia 4*
Moff 4*
Ahsoka 4*
QGJ 2*
Maul 4*
Ewok Scout 4*
Poe 3*
Chewie 4*
FOTP 3*
Jawa 4*
Clone Sergeant 3*
Royal Guard 3*
Snow Trooper 3*
NS Initiate 2*
Coruscant Police 4*
Barris 4*
Vader 4*
Ima-gun Di 4*
Leai 4*
ST Han 4*
Cad Bane 3*
Eeth Koth 3*
Hoth Rebel Scout 3*
IG-88 3*
Jedi Knight Guardian 3*
Kit Fisto 3*
Biggs 2*
Ewok Elder 2*
Greedo 2*
IG-100 2*
NS Acolyte 2*
Resistance Pilot 2*
Resistance Trooper 2*
Ugnaught 2*
Geo 1*

Big list, I know. Anyways, any B team suggestions out of this?

Replies

• Options
    Plenty of space for builds and plenty of space for suicide teams.

Just start throwing low lvl toons in there at start of battles to use up abilities like Sid AoE etc.

1st off would replace storm trooper with dooku or Sid

Then B team still has plenty of room
  • Options
    Why replace FOST? I feel like he synergizes well with Phasma, has a good amount of health, and has a slow.

My dooku doesn't have as much power as him and doesn't benefit from the synergy.

Thanks for the advice! I just want a better idea as to why my squad is less than optimal
  • Options
    JeweyPls wrote: »
    Why replace FOST? I feel like he synergizes well with Phasma, has a good amount of health, and has a slow.

My dooku doesn't have as much power as him and doesn't benefit from the synergy.

Thanks for the advice! I just want a better idea as to why my squad is less than optimal

Because dooku speed with stuns or sids AoE and healing immunity would come in more handy IMO.

If anything I would replace storm trooper with a Poe or Han for an actual taunt
  • Options
    Sounds good man, thank you
  • Options
    Sometimes a B team is not necessary to get through galactic war, but if you can´t you have to invest on it, clearly you have PLENTY of toons available and I assume you are now lacking the credits or/and training droids to level them all up.

You have more than 40 toons, some of them from chromium packs which can´t be leveled up if you don´t invest more money (already) on them, so my suggestion is to try to level and gear up 5-6 of those toons, SPECIALLY Barriss who is incredibly useful in GW due to her passive heal and leadership ability.

I mean you´ve got Dooku, Sidious, Barriss, Leia, Savage, Vader, Ima (all of those at least 4*) sitting on the bench? Hmm... I think your roster is way too diversified making it difficult to choose who to level up and clearly lacking the training droids or credits...

Final advice mate Focus on a few characters and don´t waste the valuable resources in the characters you won´t use long-term. Also use your crystals on refills, not packs! It´s all up to you tho...

No offense but this is not Pokemon, you don´t have to catch ´em all!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think AOE teams are great suicide squads.
    Sid, Vader, 88, Maul, and maybe Poe as taunter would be nice to wear down people before you die.
    Also fast squads of glass cannons can take down a key enemy and then die. You have plenty of those too, with Leia and others.

I'm not a big fan of B teams/suicide squads, though
  • Options
    I think you should focus on your A team till you have 3-4 7* characters and see if you still need one then
  • Options
    My team I use for GW is split into 2 A squads that share.

Phasma(L)
    Kylo
    FOTP
    Poe
    Vader/maul/lumi (depending on situation)

Bobba/Lumi (L)
    JC
    Maul
    Cad
    Chewy
  • Options
    Sidious is great for an a team because of his self heal and good dps. My main focus for my A team is to do enough damage to take out enemy sidious and have enough healers so that I always have a heal ready to stop anyone from dying.

I then have a B team made up of my tank characters like chewbaca,guardian,savage, and Royal guard. Guys who have no real utility or dps. Most matches start off with a Sid aoe which can take out most of my trash toons right away.

Then I have a few backup caracters like Vader, ren, ig 86, asajj who are geared up but not quite good enough for my a team, but who can fill in if I loose someone.

Your b team just has to survive a round or two, not really do any damage.
  • Options
    Don't be afraid to sacrifice lower toons. Barriss helps a lot in GW. So does Sid. Build them up more and you'll have no problems.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    I'm the crazy one that has a 4* Sid sitting at lvl 1 gear 1 Loool
  • Options
    Personally I would take out Phasma, FOTP for Chewie along another hard hitter with Lumi as your leader. This isn't arena, your goal isn't to end the fight asap, it's to make sure that by the of the match you have all 5 guys alive and as close to full health as possible. Lumi will provide some healing every turn as leader while Chewie comes in for that clutch taunt so that your healers will make sure everyone lives on.

Phasma & FOTP could lead your kill squad for the occasional 1 or 2 teams that no matter what you do you end up losing at least 1 important guy which prevents you from completing GW.

You may also want a cannon fodder team made up of tanks. This team will just go in to take all the initial AOE and whatever skills AI will throw at you so that your main squad don't have to take all those hits.