Arena Squad Rework

I am looking to rework my Arena Squad. I place just under 100 most days but would like to move up to into the 21-50 range. I currently run with:

7* Sid, VIII, 63
7* Luminara, VII, 63
6* JC, VIII, 63
4* Dooku, VI, 60
4* Poe, VI, 60

I just got JC to 6* and VIII but am willing to swap him out if needed. Dooku and Poe I've been holding off on since the update until I can decide how to go forward.

I have the following I can pull from (all currently 50):

4* Phasma
4* Kylo Ren
4* Vader
4* Luke
4* Daka

Other toons of significance include: Chewie, Ahsoka, Talia, FOTP, Gen Soldier, Dathcha, Ewok Elder

First I was just thinking of replacing Dooku with Kylo Ren. That would give me two solid AOEs and extra heal immunity. I'd like to get Phasma on the team too so I could replace JC with her.

In a perfect world I'd just level them all to 63 and purple gear and try them out but resources don't allow that so I need to focus on 2-3 of my non 63 toons to level/gear up.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Don't run 2 healers in Arena, some teams don't run any at all, at least Lumi does decent damage.

Your low * Dooku and Poe are obviously the weak links but your team also really lacks synergy. Poe is best in conjunction with high damage dealers like the glass cannon FOTP where he needs the protection afforded by a taunt. Gear Poe up first if you're going to use him because you need the speed, (he must be a turn 7 toon) and needs the added HP for survivability to be effective.

My advice, farm Phasma in GW shipments now your Lumi is 7* and get Phasma up as quickly as possible. Farm Luke, Geo or Kylo in Cantina battles, depending on which way you want to take your team.
    Poe or maybe Daka in Cantina Shipments (if you want to go that way) and since your Sid is 7*, a high damage dealer like IG-88 in Arena shipments or maybe Ventress if you're building a stun team and want to migrate towards Nightsister synergy (there are a few of these but not sure how viable they are in the current meta and especially with Ventress' speed boost leadership skill bugged and not working for the first turn).

If you're going to continue with Poe, I'd say go for Geo or Luke and run Sid as leader for the crit bonus.
    If you're leaning towards Kylo in Cantina battles, then possibly Daka in Cantina shipments and run Phasma as Leader for bonus assist stuns from Daka and the FO synergy with Kylo.

In the end, you are at a crossroads and need to decide which direction you want to go.

My arena team is currently Phasma (L) got the shards for 7* but need 250k more credits to promote, Sid 7*, Kylo 6*, Lumi 7*, and Daka 6*.

I'm currently 30 shards away from getting Daka to 7* then I'm switching Cantina shipments to Poe but I've already geared him up 2 slots shy of VIII, even though I'm not using him currently in Arena.
    I'm also farming shards for FOTP, Lobot and Rey in PvE (stopped Dooku until level 69 when I unlock him in cantina battles) and still building a droid team as a side project farming IG-86 in GW (then Poggle) and in Arena shipments where I alternate between HK, Ventress and IG-88 starring each up one level before switching to the next. This is to beef up the bench for GW even though I find it rather easy since the change in retreat (I didn't FC before).
    Once those are done I might go for Eeth Koth if I start seeing more droid teams or Oppress since he's going to be one of the tankiest guys at 70, or....start farming someone new if they add someone interesting in the next update.

2ed44ys.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762