Mace or Gui Gon

Im wondering if Mace is a better option than Gui Gon. I have QGJ 7* lv 82 gr 9 and he is still paper thin even with some mods. Would Mace be a better option as far as able to stand and take hits as well as debuff a guy , plus he'd be ready for up coming ships. Just need some advice

Replies

• You should definitely get the toon whose name you can spell right
  • I'm using Mace on my arena team until I gear up SF. At gear X he really hits hard especially modded for offense and damage. Under JKA he can OHKO exposed targets.

I used to run QGJ but he's way too squishy for the arena. Mod him for potency, omega his basic and use him against the rancor instead. He easily hits 90% with low tier mods.

While Mace doesn't have true tank stats he can definitely survive AOE barrages and occasionally a Wiggs combo.
  • thanx i will look to level and star him up to see how he hits
  • Get both. Qui-Gon is from Cantina tokens, Mace is from Cantina nodes. So not only are they not in competition, but they have glod earning synergy.

If you're asking which to use, then go with Qui-Gon. He's borderline inbalanced, with the number of things he can do and his leader ability.

If you don't have Tarkin or Ackar, go for Mace because you'll need a fleet commander eventually.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Qui Gon is a far better hero than Windu, and he isn't all that hard to gear up to XI. I've got Mace at gX and QGJ at gXI. I'd take QGJ to Arena way before Windu. Don't have JKA so can't say how Mace is under Anakin lead, but the Offense Up on dispell, assist attack + heal, and TM reduction weigh heavily in favor of QGJ.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm glad more people don't use Mace.

On my alt account, I don't have a dispeller so rely on taking out QGJ and/or STHan before they can use their specials. Mace might be tanky enough to mess that plan up ;)

Keep in mind that QGJ loses a lot of his squish at G11 with some good mods. He is also naturally much faster than Mace which in the arena, is crucial.

There is a reason most people go for QGJ in the end. I personally won't do anything with Mace until I see how important he is for ships.
  • Get Mace! He's gonna be a ship commander in the Ships update, and he's really underestimated. His damage is scathingly high, his health is above average (and higher than Qui-Gon) PLUS he can also dispel. Double-tank teams beware, Mace and Qui-Gon are here!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    IGD (L), Mace, Aayla, Plo, 5's...devastating when all r modded for damage.