Speed mod challenge

msb14
301 posts Member
Finally 3-starred the last speed mod challenge! Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone. Now I can finally stop sinking resources into the Resistance toons. Specifically Finn lol

Replies

• Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Still working on getting it to 1*. What level toons?

Congrats
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Rotor wrote: »
    Still working on getting it to 1*. What level toons?

Congrats

Everyone was 7 star except for Finn who was 5 star. All level 81-82. Rey was gear 10, everyone else was gear 8. Abilities maxed except for omegas. Used Finn as leader for extra defense. Took my best mods off my arena team to do it, and still had to use almost a full refresh to get the 3 star. Didn't use Poe's taunt because he died too quickly when I did. Last round is all about luck. You have to hope the AI Rey chooses to attack a toon that can survive it. Good luck!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Thanks for the info. Man, I hope it doesn't take that amount of resources. If so, it'll be quite a while before I get a 3* there....
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Man, I hope it doesn't take that amount of resources. If so, it'll be quite a while before I get a 3* there....

Yea it took a lot more than I was hoping to spend, but hopefully it'll be worth it. Just waiting for the day where I get a 5 dot speed arrow with a speed secondary to put on my Jawa Engineer
  • msb14 wrote: »

Yea it took a lot more than I was hoping to spend, but hopefully it'll be worth it. Just waiting for the day where I get a 5 dot speed arrow with a speed secondary to put on my Jawa Engineer
    Can't get a speed primary AND a speed secondary
  • Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    msb14 wrote: »

I've seen speed primary w secondary speed stats
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Congrats man, that's still down the road for me personally. Hard to commit resources to them, isn't it haha.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I remember all the pain I felt when working on Finn for that challenge, the mods were worth it though. Congrats

I would love to see that screenshot
  • I literally lost faith in 3*ing T3. I worked on Resistance since I started & have all but 2 @7*.
    With RP & Trooper @6* g8, I felt my focus shift greatly at 7*ing them as the Mod drop rates are through the basement regardless.

I would love to see that screenshot

Same here. Until I see it for myself I will continue to believe you can't get a speed primary arrow/w secondary speed stats.

Pics or it doesn't exist.
  • Kohgahn wrote: »
    I literally lost faith in 3*ing T3. I worked on Resistance since I started & have all but 2 @7*.
    With RP & Trooper @6* g8, I felt my focus shift greatly at 7*ing them as the Mod drop rates are through the basement regardless.

You don't need them all 7*. I had a 5* Finn and Trooper g8/g9 and a g7 RP. Even my Poe was 6* g8.

The key is a maxed Rey with solid mods. She pretty much clears it on her own. The hardest part is keeping RP and Res Trooper alive.

• This was my squad when I complete these mods. I have only rey fully crafted and fully geared. All the others got medium+ gear - not even the best. I got lucky because at the most they attack rey :). Good luck with that
    zvps11.png
  • I had Rey at g10, poe and Finn at g8, RP and RT at lvl 50 g6. You really don't need to invest much beyond farming Finn shards
  • Good info here guys tyvm. Good to know when I can make my move on the challenge. I like to do it once and never again. Still about a month out for me but encouraging to see I dont have to waste too many more mats on getting there. Then its the longest grind: first order...
  • I was able to make up for gear level by using mods when I finished the Jawa mod challenge, perhaps there's something to that hear as well. I didn't even have their abilities very high, think 4 of the Jawas only had abilities at level 5. Same things could be done with the Resistance...possibly.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • And remember that speed mods isn't good as you probably think. You get buff from 4 mods (not from 2 mods as health). I use it only on rey and GS.
  • They would be good on supports who only need speed (like JE, QGJ, Yoda)
  • Michal wrote: »
    And remember that speed mods isn't good as you probably think. You get buff from 4 mods (not from 2 mods as health). I use it only on rey and GS.

Yea I'm only planning on using them for Jawa Engineer right now.
  • Thanks for this! =)
  • At least you will have a Resistance squad to use in the new assault battle. I have terrible Resistance toons and my ewoks aren't good either.
  • This challenge is not something I'm looking forward to. I just unlocked Pilot, Trooper, and Poe, and Finn still need about 10 shards before he's unlocked. Rey is maxed out, but the rest are really going to be a drag....
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    This challenge is not something I'm looking forward to. I just unlocked Pilot, Trooper, and Poe, and Finn still need about 10 shards before he's unlocked. Rey is maxed out, but the rest are really going to be a drag....
    Wait until you do first order.... (hint hard nodes)
  • Rotor wrote: »
    This challenge is not something I'm looking forward to. I just unlocked Pilot, Trooper, and Poe, and Finn still need about 10 shards before he's unlocked. Rey is maxed out, but the rest are really going to be a drag....
    Wait until you do first order.... (hint hard nodes)

At least Phasma still has viability in many areas of the game and FOTP hits hard.

Though the new Resistance Zetas make them a force to be reckoned with.