Our feedback would be much greater if we could understand the game

Triqui
2790 posts Member
Devs have said that they want our feedback. I want to give them mine. However, it's hard to do, as the game opperates like a blackbox.

Just think about Speed. Since the guys of team instinct cleared for us hiw speed exactly works (instead of a vague "fast toons move turn meter faster"), we have been able to better give feedback about stuff like " turn 7" characters.
It also helps to detect bugs. For example, currently Potencr or Tenacity could en bugged, and giving more or less than expevted. But how could we help to detect that? We don't know how Tenacity or Potence works, do we don't know if current level of evasion is working as intended.

We don't know what "defense" does, we are not sure about what exactly is "crit rating", we don't understand why listed damage from Chewie is much higher than the listed damage of chars that outperform him.

So far, the stats of characters are just clutter. What's armor for? How does armor piercing work? Why is damage 1000 and armor piercing 0 worse than damage 990 and armor piercing 10, if so? I Suppose it's so. Otherwise, why would you have armor piercing at all, if current levels are so tiny than it could be sdded to damage with no difference, and less misleadibg info clustering the GUI?

In short: CG should release more info about how the game works. I don't know why game companies always try to hide this. It's like having a free huge sample size of software testers, players WILL give you feedback, IF they know what to look for. Currently we can't

Food for thought for @EA_Jesse and the rest of the team

Replies

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Devs have said that they want our feedback. I want to give them mine. However, it's hard to do, as the game opperates like a blackbox.

Just think about Speed. Since the guys of team instinct cleared for us hiw speed exactly works (instead of a vague "fast toons move turn meter faster"), we have been able to better give feedback about stuff like " turn 7" characters.
    It also helps to detect bugs. For example, currently Potencr or Tenacity could en bugged, and giving more or less than expevted. But how could we help to detect that? We don't know how Tenacity or Potence works, do we don't know if current level of evasion is working as intended.

We don't know what "defense" does, we are not sure about what exactly is "crit rating", we don't understand why listed damage from Chewie is much higher than the listed damage of chars that outperform him.

So far, the stats of characters are just clutter. What's armor for? How does armor piercing work? Why is damage 1000 and armor piercing 0 worse than damage 990 and armor piercing 10, if so? I Suppose it's so. Otherwise, why would you have armor piercing at all, if current levels are so tiny than it could be sdded to damage with no difference, and less misleadibg info clustering the GUI?

In short: CG should release more info about how the game works. I don't know why game companies always try to hide this. It's like having a free huge sample size of software testers, players WILL give you feedback, IF they know what to look for. Currently we can't

I agree with you. Would also like to know what percentages of speed up and speed down. Is my character provider 1% of speed down because it seems like it lol
  • Options
    I second that idea.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty funny how none of us know exactly how 95% of the game operates.
  • Options
    And why don't we see the "crit chance" as percentage? I mean what is 600 or 100? Why not show it with "%" ?? :/
    There is also 'hp steal' thing. What does it do anyway?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    What we need is a website that explains the characters, powers, stats, games and rankings.
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    What we need is a website that explains the characters, powers, stats, games and rankings.

There are a few already.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Kylven wrote: »

There are a few already.

But they use datamined stuff and such. Still lot if things unknown. I can go to one of those sites and see what's my char Tenacity, Potence, Crit Rating or Armor levels. But I have no idea about what it means, other than the higher values are better, I guess.
  • Options
    I would love more information about the game in terms of how it actually works technically.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    While that is true, keeping the exact formulas hidden from us is a tactic to make it much more difficult for random companies from cloning the game.

It's much cheaper and more efficient to complicate and hide the systems than to fight a legal battle in a country that doesn't have strong copywrite law.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think that's the main reason. Knowing how aggro works didn't make easier to clone World of Warcraft, yet Blizzard tried to hide the mechanic as long as they could. I think software developers believe that if players know too much, they'll "game the system", similar to what's happening now with RNG seeds and GW. I think it's a mistake. Using random numbers to clutter the GUI doesn't help diversity or feedback in my opinion. And make harder for the players evaluate chars and detect bugs
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This isn't really a huge clone target. Its most redeeming quality is the source material, and disney is all powerful.
  • Options

Can't we just have access to a full sim test, or maybe you can just give us the source code
    Roger roger
  • Options

Kelvyn's site, SWGOHCantina.com has great information. I also heard SWGOHDB.com is good but I think it's still under construction because many of the pages don't work for me....
  • Options
    I think KueChael was being sarcastic. Many of us know about SWGOHCantina (in fact several posts link to it directly) - I think that was his point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kylven wrote: »

There are a few already.

;)

Thanks, I needed that, keep on doing what you do.. Some of us really do appreciate it.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate it, use them daily. But they say what stats we hsve, don't say how those ststs work, because we don't know. The devs keep that behind the veil. We know character A has x crit Rating, y armor and z tenacity, but we don't know exactly how that transformación into real crit chance, protection or percentage to resist something.
  • Options
    I imagine this is on their to-do list. I think their bandwidth is just going toward the update at the moment.
  • Options
    [
    Dilligaf wrote: »

Can't we just have access to a full sim test, or maybe you can just give us the source code

I haven't been a fan of how there is no regulation regarding gaming formulas with [such as item or whatever "specials" drops]. Since IAPs/micro transactions are so big now, it's a huge area regarding money. It's virtually just like gambling except gambling code is regulated so at least the % of losing + winning is out there if you want to know, nothing of the sort with gaming except when the devs are actually transparent by choice, seems like it'll never happen with this I guess, I don't know history of CG games.