The Policy on Cheaters

Replies

  • Did anything ever happen to the vader exploiters?
  • Kaninchen
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    iluvmods wrote: »
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.


    .

    This just confirms what everybody knows: people are cheating.

    The problem is that this game has serious flaws:

    1. Basic bugs and glitches (e.g. Dooku's ability, visual bugs, etc.);
    2. Needs serious balancing;
    3. Lacks content;
    4. There's no punishment for cheaters;
    5. Developers are not transparent, they do not reveal what the heck they've been doing to solve these problems. Cheaters keep playing, bugs are not fixed, the game is not balanced and there's no new content since i've started playing (late november).

    I love this game, but Developers really need to put more effort here.

    For me, the most serious problems are n. 4 and 5. The others maybe will come with time, but as long as Developers do not start to reply our posts (with "solved", "working on that" or "we will not do that because of...") and start to disclose their work, it will seem as they are doing nothing. Also, what happened to the cheaters? Did the developers respond the ones that reported the cheats with "Cheater banned" or "He was not a cheater"?

    They need to rethink the way they're dealing with players ASAP, or people will start (as they have already started) to leave the game or stop spending money here.



    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    meladekk wrote: »
    Who cares if the other people in that new world are similarly as powerful as you? you derived enjoyment from the thing that world offers you.
    Only one of those cheaters would be rank#1
    I see this like the old Diablo 2 game, when you could play non-ladder in a World full of duped items (of in private servers who were even worse), or in s relatively safe ladder server, with no dupes (or mostly without them). Those in private servers were incredibly powerful with their duped and hscked items, living in a World were everybody could do billions of damage and had stashes full of fake/duped SoJs. But legit players didn't care, they were playing ladder and having fun and competing with other legit players
  • SnakeEyes
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    iluvmods wrote: »
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.

    Hey awesome cheating guy, you don't need to go to all the lengths to to describe your awesome modding cheating skills, no one cares, and it's very obvious who you all are. I just disregard all of you, I'm competing against the legit players - that's what's interesting about competition you see, when you're actually competing. All you are doing is fooling yourself.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    SnakeEyes wrote: »
    iluvmods wrote: »
    I created an account just to post on this thread!

    I have been using modded software for 1.5 months. I play 3 accounts on different pvp servers and am still actively using 1 hit ko mods.

    Guess what? All 3 accounts are still alive and kicking! Probably due to the fact that modding has allowed me to get #1 on each server each day and of course have a full team of 7*s since I have such a big gem advantage. It makes it so easily to disguise as a legit top players. And don't listen to their nonsense propoganda of cleaning up hackers. I have an account with 1* heroes getting #1 on server against whales 10k power higher than me. Alive and kicking after 3 weeks. What a joke.

    Get rektd EA, your security stinks and its due to the game's infrastructure. Whales, don't sink your money in this game. For every pvp bracket there is are surely to be a few lurking modders having fun messing up your bracket.

    Just FYI, the mod allows you to 1. Godmode 2. 1 Hit kill 3. unlock all level-dependent features at level 1. Think of the advantage that gives. Poor security sods trying so hard to plug this gap but hey after 2 months you'd think of something, but no.

    Hey awesome cheating guy, you don't need to go to all the lengths to to describe your awesome modding cheating skills, no one cares, and it's very obvious who you all are. I just disregard all of you, I'm competing against the legit players - that's what's interesting about competition you see, when you're actually competing. All you are doing is fooling yourself.

    Im quite sure he isnt a cheater but a frustrated player who took this step as a protest and attempt to draw much needed attention to a problem that needs a quick resolution
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • iluvmods
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    iluvmods wrote: »
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.

    Screenshot please :)
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • As a player it's hard to find cheaters who uses 1 hit KO. And if the cheater is smart enough he can pretend to be an average player so other players can never tell if he's cheating or not.
    I'm hoping the devs could put more effort to track down the cheaters instead of just waiting for player reports.
  • iluvmods
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ez #1


    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • I don't u derstand what everyone is crying about. Pvp is the smallest part of the game. What's the maximum amount you can win from a tournament, 500 crystals? That is chump change if you buy crystals, I say let the cheaters fight for the scraps like the peasants they are.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I don't u derstand what everyone is crying about. Pvp is the smallest part of the game. What's the maximum amount you can win from a tournament, 500 crystals? That is chump change if you buy crystals, I say let the cheaters fight for the scraps like the peasants they are.

    500 crystals per day is 15.000 PER month. That's the equivalent of 1000$ per year or so. I don't know how much you spend, but that's a bit amount for 99% of the player base.
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    iluvmods wrote: »
    Ez #1


    That could be legit. Post one of a Chewie or some other low damage character doing it, unless you're full of crap.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • iluvmods
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • I don't u derstand what everyone is crying about. Pvp is the smallest part of the game. What's the maximum amount you can win from a tournament, 500 crystals? That is chump change if you buy crystals, I say let the cheaters fight for the scraps like the peasants they are.

    "PVP is the smallest part of the game" - Must be the reason why people sink $5000 into the game to get a perfect 7* P2W team. I mean, stage 7 of LS/DS battles are so tought amiright!

  • iluvmods wrote: »
    look at his HP as a slight indication of stars.(hes 4 stars). Then look at his damage on a non crit hit. 7* FOTP crits for 10k. Not sure what you're going on about.

    You might as well ask me to take your word for it. Either post incontrovertible proof or stop posting.
  • iluvmods
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016


    It's cool. You can't even be bothered to proofread your posts, so you probably are lazy enough to cheat. I mean, you did post a damage number that's easily obtained in-game from a character that's known for doing large numbers in damage all the time, but yeah, you say you're cheating, so I believe you.

    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @iluvmods I have a different view on this whole thing. In my view, most if not all of the popular Play Store games are modded. With that said, I don't connect using a modded app with you lacking morals or goodness so don't look to me to police you. The mod is openly available out there, I'm sure many are using it, it's inevitable.

    In the end of the day, I find truth refreshing. At least he's playing it this way and not afraid to state it, can't totally hate on that!!
    The New Rebellion
    Guild Founder
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    @iluvmods I have a different view on this whole thing. In my view, most if not all of the popular Play Store games are modded. With that said, I don't connect using a modded app with you lacking morals or goodness so don't look to me to police you. The mod is openly available out there, I'm sure many are using it, it's inevitable.

    In the end of the day, I find truth refreshing. At least he's playing it this way and not afraid to state it, can't totally hate on that!!

    There are plenty of illegal and inmoral things easily available to anyone, specially in internet. And plenty of people who openly admit to do them, when they don't fear threatened by punishment. You could use that argument for anything, from using PEDs to child ****, as well as software piracy, cheating your wife, copying during your exams, dealing drugs or hacking your neighbour's WiFi

    So yes, your argument is weak. If you think chesting is aceptable, that's up to you. If you want to cheat yourself, it's up ti you too. "It doesn't matter, because it's easy to do for anyone" is not a valid argument. If it's wrong, it's wrong, no matter how easy it is to do
  • I'm just picking my battles...

    Snipers don't look for me, I'm not trying to get first place so they don't affect my game. The bugs and the prices do however....
    The New Rebellion
    Guild Founder
  • DASxSITH
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok, so I have read this entire thread and I must know:

    1. Who actually is dumb enough to hook up to one of these virus-infected, survey-ingested bots to have your PC or MAC compromised for a few gems IF the thing actually works?
    2. Refer to the last 4 words of statement 1.
    3. Does this garbage actually work, and if so, who really give a s#%t anymore. Have you played Black Ops? Cheaters/Modders everywhere. It comes with the territory anymore. People don't know how to play a game without cheating in this generation. It is unheard of.
    4. It is my experience that contacting EA is a waste of time and energy and IF you get a response, it's full of empty promises. Good luck with that. This board is the best response you'll get.
  • Omnirhyze
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    DASxSITH wrote: »
    Ok, so I have read this entire thread and I must know:

    1. Who actually is dumb enough to hook up to one of these virus-infected, survey-ingested bots to have your PC or MAC compromised for a few gems IF the thing actually works?
    2. Refer to the last 4 words of statement 1.
    3. Does this garbage actually work, and if so, who really give a s#%t anymore. Have you played Black Ops? Cheaters/Modders everywhere. It comes with the territory anymore. People don't know how to play a game without cheating in this generation. It is unheard of.
    4. It is my experience that contacting EA is a waste of time and energy and IF you get a response, it's full of empty promises. Good luck with that. This board is the best response you'll get.


    And your patience!


    Edited.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I cannit send private message to @CG_LucifersDaddy as it doesn't recignize him in the private message. How do I report a cheaters then?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm actually VERY dissapointed of this.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I want to help with a possible cheater. But I'm unable to do as @CG_LucifersDaddy can't be accessed though private messages. So I'm not sure how to act, and if it's useful to try or this is just cosmetic.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    So no answer yet.

    Has anybody been able to point a possible cheater since they made this change in policy?
  • meladekk
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey Triqui! I'm in the same server as you. Recognize you as one of my fellow droid team users pushing the top everyday. To reply to your last post, no, hackers are not being banned. I have an alt account on a different server. I make it into top #10 there everday because its a new-ish server. There is one whale at #1 with a 7 star QGJ and 7* FOTP ever since he was level 30. He has ~8k power more than the average #10 contesters. This past week, there has been an obvious hacker at 10k power using 3* chewie and other crap stealing the top #1 everyday. Reported him several times, still not banned.

    On topic: Its evident that EA cant handle the cheaters. The fact that have to employ a person to specifically deal with reports, and the fact that their ONLY way of tracking hackers is by player reports speak volumes about their in capabilities. That and the posts that were deleted detailing how the hack works probably means that they won't ever get caught.

    A quick reply to DASxSITH and other who commented on how its not EA's responsibility to catch hackers- Let me first start of by saying that I have some knowledge about these hacks, or in a more commonly known term - modded apks. It basically takes the official game files, change a line of code eg. All player damage x 100, and repackaged into a apk file again for installation. It takes around a few minutes to install it and it is almost 100% safe (it is essentially like any other file on the internet. Torrenting a movie or pirating games carries a 100x higher risk of malware due to the file size and the ability to hide malware/false positive for game cracks and such).

    Second as to the point that modded software exists everywhere - it does, and it cannot be denied. However, the difference is that every MAJOR title such as ****/brave frontier/summoners wars/other big name freemium games ALWAYS patch these security vulnerabilities within a few weeks or month or so. Whenever such hacks are discovered, there is a big hoo hah on the forums and devs take action FAST. Case in point - in brave frontier, a gamebreaking hack which allowed you to obtain any paid units (which often take $50 worth or so of gacha rolling) was released. On the same day, devs responsded that they are activately looking into the hack, and provided constant updates on it. Within the week, the hack was patched, and everyone who used the hack (it was traceable by the game's code) was INSTA BANNED. This is just an obvious example, there are many more games with have similar hacks plaguing the game and they are always dealth with swiftly and with communication from the devs.

    SWGOH on the other hand, obviously can't deal with the hack from the system, till the extent that they are taking the most desperate measure of employing someone to handle reports manually. It is doomed to failure. Any sensible hacker would just kill people within 2-5k power above their range, and with the game's stupid AI on defence, everyone is able to pull amazing turnabouts and defeat someone of much higher power (case in point - my droid team at 19k power defeated a 25k #2 on my server. I would hate to be banned because I played well.) Therefore, the ONLY way hacks can be detected is only when someone with a absurdly low power defeat the #1, and within something dumb like 10 seconds. Only then would such cases warrant suspicion. But the fact remains that hackers can just be smart about it and not do stupid things, in which case they will escape with getting top #10 forever.

    Morale of the story? Do not spend in this game, unless you want to be constantly frustrated that you $1000 P2W team is constantly getting defeated and you have no idea why, when it is actually due to a hacker who installed the mod in under 10 minutes. And to all the stupid people out there, Arena isn't a "smallest" "unimportant" part of the game. It is the core of the entire game. If there was no arena, SWGOH would be a SINGLE player game. The ONLY reason why whales or anyone would spend on this game is to get ahead in arena. Refreshing energy is to get ahead in arena. Unless you derive orgasmic pleasure in pressing the sim button and watching yourself get mats, the whole aim of spending revolves around getting ahead in arena, because LS/DS/Cantina/GW isn't enough of a challenge or incentive for someone to drop thousands to get a P2W QGJ/FOTP/Leia team.

    Edit: All the *** are censored dum.b. Not a profanity but oh well.
    Post edited by meladekk on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I killed a guy in the top 2 with 40s left. His team was extremely weak, didn't kill or hurt seriously none of my toons. He took it back in those 40s (including loading screen and stuff) with a team that hit like soft kitties. It's not the same case than s droid team with Poe and poggle getting a chain of crits and defeating a stronger team badly played by the AI.

    The thing is, I'm not sure that person you mention they hired does even exist. I can't even contact him. Which is dissspointing, yes. I spent crystals to refresh and attack this guy, and got robbed. It seems they don't care. This is pretty bad for business.
  • meladekk wrote: »
    Hey Triqui! I'm in the same server as you. Recognize you as one of my fellow droid team users pushing the top everyday. To reply to your last post, no, hackers are not being banned. I have an alt account on a different server. I make it into top #10 there everday because its a new-ish server. There is one whale at #1 with a 7 star QGJ and 7* FOTP ever since he was level 30. He has ~8k power more than the average #10 contesters. This past week, there has been an obvious hacker at 10k power using 3* chewie and other crap stealing the top #1 everyday. Reported him several times, still not banned.

    On topic: Its evident that EA cant handle the cheaters. The fact that have to employ a person to specifically deal with reports, and the fact that their ONLY way of tracking hackers is by player reports speak volumes about their in capabilities. That and the posts that were deleted detailing how the hack works probably means that they won't ever get caught.

    A quick reply to DASxSITH and other who commented on how its not EA's responsibility to catch hackers- Let me first start of by saying that I have some knowledge about these hacks, or in a more commonly known term - modded apks. It basically takes the official game files, change a line of code eg. All player damage x 100, and repackaged into a apk file again for installation. It takes around a few minutes to install it and it is almost 100% safe (it is essentially like any other file on the internet. Torrenting a movie or pirating games carries a 100x higher risk of malware due to the file size and the ability to hide malware/false positive for game cracks and such).

    Second as to the point that modded software exists everywhere - it does, and it cannot be denied. However, the difference is that every MAJOR title such as ****/brave frontier/summoners wars/other big name freemium games ALWAYS patch these security vulnerabilities within a few weeks or month or so. Whenever such hacks are discovered, there is a big hoo hah on the forums and devs take action FAST. Case in point - in brave frontier, a gamebreaking hack which allowed you to obtain any paid units (which often take $50 worth or so of gacha rolling) was released. On the same day, devs responsded that they are activately looking into the hack, and provided constant updates on it. Within the week, the hack was patched, and everyone who used the hack (it was traceable by the game's code) was INSTA BANNED. This is just an obvious example, there are many more games with have similar hacks plaguing the game and they are always dealth with swiftly and with communication from the devs.

    SWGOH on the other hand, obviously can't deal with the hack from the system, till the extent that they are taking the most desperate measure of employing someone to handle reports manually. It is doomed to failure. Any sensible hacker would just kill people within 2-5k power above their range, and with the game's stupid AI on defence, everyone is able to pull amazing turnabouts and defeat someone of much higher power (case in point - my droid team at 19k power defeated a 25k #2 on my server. I would hate to be banned because I played well.) Therefore, the ONLY way hacks can be detected is only when someone with a absurdly low power defeat the #1, and within something dumb like 10 seconds. Only then would such cases warrant suspicion. But the fact remains that hackers can just be smart about it and not do stupid things, in which case they will escape with getting top #10 forever.

    Morale of the story? Do not spend in this game, unless you want to be constantly frustrated that you $1000 P2W team is constantly getting defeated and you have no idea why, when it is actually due to a hacker who installed the mod in under 10 minutes. And to all the stupid people out there, Arena isn't a "smallest" "unimportant" part of the game. It is the core of the entire game. If there was no arena, SWGOH would be a SINGLE player game. The ONLY reason why whales or anyone would spend on this game is to get ahead in arena. Refreshing energy is to get ahead in arena. Unless you derive orgasmic pleasure in pressing the sim button and watching yourself get mats, the whole aim of spending revolves around getting ahead in arena, because LS/DS/Cantina/GW isn't enough of a challenge or incentive for someone to drop thousands to get a P2W QGJ/FOTP/Leia team.

    You get a cigar my friend for understanding exactly how the game is working on this!!!
    +1000
    The New Rebellion
    Guild Founder
  • On another note, how can the guy who was put in place to handle the cheating requests not be answering his messages or responding??? Again, this is an amateurish rollout of a game that could be a money machine. I'm sure EA is going to be ticked off at CG for the losses and screw-ups here.

    One thing you can be sure of, @CG_LucifersDaddy is not avoiding your messages as this would be a strike against him since he'd be technically not doing his job. What must have occurred is that his managers have allowed him to step away, and that is ten-fold worse because it speaks volumes on how great a priority they have placed on this issue.....
    The New Rebellion
    Guild Founder
This discussion has been closed.