fix the tank raid please

2Next

Replies

• tRRRey wrote: »
    @Akeron if you're using 1 team and taking an hour to complete 12 nodes, you're doing it wrong.
    I do 36 nodes on Tuesday and it takes me under an hour in total. The lesson here is to built an optimal team with the right mods instead of claiming that the system is rigged against you
    @tRRRey, if you're doing it right then teach us. Make a youtube video showing your method. I'll be waiting.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Akeron wrote: »
    I'm just asking for practicality, like the game used to be.

Then could you explain exactly HOW the game has ceased to be practical? Because my experience, coming from almost a year now with GoH, shows that not much has changed - aside from the addition of raids, which take maybe an extra 10-15 minutes daily, everything else is pretty much the same as it used to be.
    Those are not mobile games. I don't play them, so I wouldn't know anything about them. But what I do know is that mobile games are known for their practicality.

So... how many mobile games DO you play? Because I used to play a lot and believe me, GoH takes up very little time compared to the likes of MKX Mobile, Clash of Clans, Marvel Puzzle Quest (I actually stopped playing that because unless you invested TONS of money into it, it required at least 2-3 hours - far more during tournaments - daily to remain competitive and I just don't have that kind of time) or Mobile Strike. Yes, there are mobile games out there that take 2-3 minutes to play (like Jetpack Joyride), but they're DESIGNED to be played that way. GoH isn't and never has been.
    this forum is meant to talk about such things, not about your personal life, unicorns and rainbows.

True. Which is why I replied with a way of overcoming a particular problem that has been mentioned. The point of my post was how I deal with GW taking time to finish, not about how I commute to and from work. Sorry you missed that.
    . If you won't comply I'll be sure you're just a troll and be forced to ignore your comments.

Be my guest, it's a free forum and we're all allowed to act as we please. If someone answering you with a relevant reply to a problem you stated (instead of, as is so common here, the word "August" or something) is your definition of a troll, then by all means, ignore that person, no point in wasting time in responding.
    That being said, driving players away is a weird way to do that.

Do you have any actual figures stating that CG/EA really ARE driving players away? Because from what I see in the posts here, there are new players showing up all the time, new shards being created, and that kinda doesn't look like a game that is driving people away. The addition of new content also proves that this is a game that is making more and more money, not less and less.
    , you can always research this topic in the forums and you'll notice this is a pretty common thread.

Judging by the "common" posts, the drop rate of shards is being constantly nerfed since the release. It appears that with all these nerfs it's actually a miracle we're getting any drops at all!
    Then please make a youtube video and post the URL showing us your magic formula.

Why? The last time I had the nerve to suggest a solution to a problem, you called me a troll. I'm afraid going through that again would hurt my feelings.

Seriously though, there is no "magic formula". Speed, at least two atackers (Rey and GS for me) and two healers (Old Daka being one to revive downed allies - I could go for EE, but I like Daka's stun too much) and Phasma to give you that TM boost every few turns is enough. Maybe I'm just lucky, because I haven't come across any lvl 85 teams yet, but 83 and 84 pop up regularly. And unless the RNGods don't like me and I'm faced with the likes of JKA, RG, Wiggs and Rex, I don't even need to bring in a second team.
    Therefore, in my point of view, GW is not fun any longer.

Ok, then why play it? If you're a high-level, end game player, GW doesn't really have that much to offer, you can just do the first few shards to get 400 tokens daily and that's it, why bother doing something you don't enjoy? O_o
    Nah... A break won't solve my problem, if I leave I'll quit for good. It is preferable that the developers take notice at the feedback and fix this thing (like they did a hundred times).

You won't know until you try it. After a month or two you may actually miss this game and come back to it. That's what happened with me. I thought I was leaving it for good, then I decided it'd be fun to play a few rounds again. I did, got hooked and now I'm back to regular playing, just trying to make sure the game doesn't take up too much of my time during the day. Hope you manage to sort it out as well :)
    Post edited by Ring on
  • Ring wrote: »
    GW is also taking forever to complete. This game is becoming a nuisance, people with jobs and a social life aren't being able to play anymore.

I fully agree. They should add a huge red button right smack in the middle of the screen that would automatically complete all the daily tasks for you when you press it: challenges, arena (automatically granting you first place, naturally), GW, cantina (40 shards daily AT LEAST!), hard mode battles and raids. You open the app, press the button and go on about your business...

On a more serious note, while I agree with the part about the long tank animations, GW is not that big a deal. I usually do it on the bus to/from work, sometimes I spend a few minutes in the evening and I finish it daily. The whole thing takes what, 30-40 minutes? Maybe from time to time it takes about 50 minutes to an hour tops when the final nodes are lvl 82+ and have RG who can take forever to bring down. And yes, I have a family, I have a social life and I have a job.

+1... I agree with tank raid but they've already stated they're trying to fix it. As for GW, will there ever be an end to the whining? It's not that hard & does not take that much time. It's pretty simple, sim everything you can, & do the rest if & when you have time. If you can't find the time due to life then, well, that's life isn't it? Games have Always taken time to play, phone games take far less than say platform gaming. Just because some people don't have the time to commit doesn't mean people that do should be punished with a game that's only playable 15 mins per day. Be realistic ppl. Complete things when you can & get over it when you can't. I get the argument & not trying to insult anyone, it's just not logical. I do have sympathy for lack of time but there should be aspects to any game that take some time to complete.
  • Just fixing the @£&@# animation will do it for me. Difficulty etc, we'll all get there. Our guild members are all experimenting and working on toons, me included. The Tank raid is the 1st content that's really, really stretching my resources. All those different squads for the 4 phases (heroic), a lot more toons have become must haves than at any point in the game.

But, those animations!!! Especially in normal where we have to hit multiple times for multiple days! We've tried heroic and failed but since we were limited in the number of attacks, the animations didn't bother much. A normal raid will take multiple hits and days for any guild, they really should fix the long waiting period just to get a hit in. I usually auto it.
  • Akeron wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    @Akeron if you're using 1 team and taking an hour to complete 12 nodes, you're doing it wrong.
    I do 36 nodes on Tuesday and it takes me under an hour in total. The lesson here is to built an optimal team with the right mods instead of claiming that the system is rigged against you
    @tRRRey, if you're doing it right then teach us. Make a youtube video showing your method. I'll be waiting.

@Akeron
    https://youtu.be/cgxQDH3JmVA

https://swgoh.gg/u/trrrey/
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • This raid is a joke I was hoping it would be 4 or 5 times more difficult than the T7 rancor not 25 times more
  • Ring, your comments add to nothing, responding to you has become a waste of my time.
  • Akeron
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    tRRRey wrote: »

@tRRRey oh, now I get it why you don't have problems with the GW: you're P2P that gets ridiculously easy teams compared to your own, with a last node that is a joke. Forget about what I've said. When you pour money into the game everything becomes quite easy. My perspective is from a F2P, however. I just realized that this impracticality is part of the money crunch, at least now I understand a thing or two about the business model. Thank you.
  • I don't care about ships. Stop continuing to over complicate what's supposed to be a simple fun game. Already difficult enough to max toons out with the sucky drop rates on items. Want to make the game more enjoyable? Fix the **** tank raid already! That is all....for now.
  • You want ships? Go play a Star Trek game.