3x3 pvp, yea or nay?

Other freemiums such as Heroes Charge have best of 3 pvp in addition to singular daily pvp. The 3x3 arena operated with a separate currency, and has separate shards/gear than normal pvp.

This would give everyone additional resources for farming, and also rewards players with more expansive rosters. Many of us have seen players come seemingly out of nowhere into the top ten with a strong deck, but when you pull up their entire roster, the rest is pitiful. 3x3 returns the advantage to players that farmed wide instead of just a core 5-7 toons.

I feel that 3x3 pvp would present a greater challenge than normal pvp - you choose three teams, hoping to win with your two strongest against their two weakest. At higher ranks, teams would be hidden from view. For example, top 50 the third team is hidden from view, top 20 the bottom two teams are hidden, top ten all three teams are hidden.

Is this a good idea, or is it undesirable? Please comment below!

https://swgoh.gg/u/diezel/

If you're on my shard, please send me a pm! ^^^^^^^

Replies

• Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    PvP in general needs a rework... Atm its just who is available at payout... Which is blaaaaaaa
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 would become a tank-fest fast. SunFac, 5's, Aayla...for example. Tanky counters would run rampant bcuz of the limited # of characters limiting the amount of focus u can bring to bear. All 3 r tanky, all 3 counter, 2 assist, 1 stuns and if u consider 5's 15% health steal...all 3 self-heal. Not a good idea.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    x
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind an arena rework allowing more use out of the many characters that currently just gather dust.
  • Options
    I like it as an additional activity to Arena. As you said, rewards those with deeper rosters yet everyone can still take part and get rewards, so why not.

Also, I don't see the tank thing being an issue. There aren't 9 great tanks in the game, so even facing one great tank team means the next 2 battles would be easy, so there would be a lot of strategy involved with picking your 3 teams.

I like it :smile:
  • Options
    Where more play time = more loot, we have a deal. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Nah.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »
    3v3 would become a tank-fest fast. SunFac, 5's, Aayla...for example. Tanky counters would run rampant bcuz of the limited # of characters limiting the amount of focus u can bring to bear. All 3 r tanky, all 3 counter, 2 assist, 1 stuns and if u consider 5's 15% health steal...all 3 self-heal. Not a good idea.

You're can't throw all of your tanks in one team. Players will be from the same server, so they had equal prep time to build their roster.

That's the point of 3x3 pvp, to benedit players who focused on more than just 6-8 toons.

If it were as simple as running a tank team on defense, every top five in normal pvp would just be tanks.

No, bcuz in a 5-man team, u can bring enough firepower to bear to focus fire. In a 3-man, u cannot. 5-teams of tanks will lose, slowly, but lose. 3-man is an entirely different story.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    A 5-man squad can run up to 5 hitters, typically 4 in Wiggs. They r capable of focus-firing and killing a weaker toon b4 it goes, but they r somewhat squishy and your opponent can focus in return. Balance. You take out Lando or Wedge and u shut it down.

In a 3-man, do u know anything that would be even remotely competitive to 3 tanky, self-healing, counter-attackers that call assists, strip buffs, stun ad slow ? I just dont see it and feel that 3v3 would b even more limiting and there would b 1 meta as opposed to the 3 we have now. Wiggs/Empire/Droids.
  • Options
    A 5-man squad can run up to 5 hitters, typically 4 in Wiggs. They r capable of focus-firing and killing a weaker toon b4 it goes, but they r somewhat squishy and your opponent can focus in return.

In a 3-man, do u know anything that would be even remotely competitive to 3 tanky, self-healing, counter-attackers that have assist calls, slow and stun ? I just dont see it and feel that 3v3 would b even more limiting and there would b 1 meta as opposed to the 3 we have now. Wiggs/Empire/Droids.
    A 5-man squad can run up to 5 hitters, typically 4 in Wiggs. They r capable of focus-firing and killing a weaker toon b4 it goes, but they r somewhat squishy and your opponent can focus in return.

In a 3-man, do u know anything that would be even remotely competitive to 3 tanky, self-healing, counter-attackers that have assist calls, slow and stun ? I just dont see it and feel that 3v3 would b even more limiting and there would b 1 meta as opposed to the 3 we have now. Wiggs/Empire/Droids.

A Yoda TFP Rey Team could probably blast through those with foresight and Yodas battle Meditation.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Tfp can only gain tm from a maximum of 3 enemies debuffed instead of 5 and no extra tm boost w/out EP present. Foresight is stripped by counter and wont help when they get attacked. Rey would b lucky to get throught protection on her attack and counter takes her foresight away. She will then b stunned or slowed and w/ a debuff, her damage is drastically reduced.

That team has no health. No staying power. SunFac taunts, u cant strip it and when he counters, there go your buffs while Aayla stuns and 5 slows and they both call assists.
  • Options
    A 5-man squad can run up to 5 hitters, typically 4 in Wiggs. They r capable of focus-firing and killing a weaker toon b4 it goes, but they r somewhat squishy and your opponent can focus in return. Balance. You take out Lando or Wedge and u shut it down.

In a 3-man, do u know anything that would be even remotely competitive to 3 tanky, self-healing, counter-attackers that call assists, strip buffs, stun ad slow ? I just dont see it and feel that 3v3 would b even more limiting and there would b 1 meta as opposed to the 3 we have now. Wiggs/Empire/Droids.

I think when he means 3x3 OP is talking about 3 different teams of 5 so 15 toons in total.