Aat Herioc achieved

Durrun
1019 posts Member
This is not a bragging post. But one disigned to give some hope and advice.
When aat came out our guild (502nd Legion) approached it with caution starting normal mode first. We slogged through it in 4 refreshes. Tried heroic, and only got about halfway before we failed.
We didn't give up, we had a goal and everyone started gearing up to reach it.
We tightened rosters, made lists of toons to gear, jawas, rebels, Jedi, droids. We set to work. We also approached another guild NOT in the way a lot of people are doing and jumping ship back and forth. We would give 7 of our less geared members who were never able to score highly on rancor and were given the top 7 of their members who would be less overpowering on the raid. This was done on a volunteer and friendly terms, none of this "don't meet requirements get out" mentality I've been seeing here and there.
We geared up we gathered the right teams and long story short, we got there. Through mutual advancement and a solid plan.
It can be done. I won't go into is this fair expectation or anything like that just that as it stands heroic is achievable for a mid to upper tier guild with a plan and drive to get there. Farm jawas, rebels, droids, and as a guild if everyone can hit a target of 2% max hp per phase. You got it...keep working gents don't give up

Replies

• Nice and congrats. I do like the way you went about this, not shaking up 2 guilds to do it. I've seen lots of fallout in this game and others when than happens. So good job!
  • Nice job! Could you provide details on how many refreshes your final Normal tank attempt took? And if you have a breakdown of how many / what type of teams it took for you to complete Heroic, that would be helpful as well :)
  • Durrun wrote: »
    This is not a bragging post. But one disigned to give some hope and advice.

uhum
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Interesting. It's kinda similar to what we have done. Our guild merged with another. We became 2 guilds operating as one. We have the heroic guild and the normal guild. We don't move people between them like some have done but we do start new recruits in the normal guild, and have damage requirements for the heroic raid. We have now completed 4 Heroics and are beating them in less than a day. Our normal guild has done a few normal raids and they are going faster each time. We are very soon going to be ready to have both guilds doing heroics and to be honest, it has been a fantastic experience.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Thanks and congratulations.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Just want to know: how many whales or big hitters your guild has atm?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @3Edward9
    A few not gonna say we don't have our top 1%... but my point with this is that you don't NEED to have many. In total (roughly) we used. 30-40 Jedi squads for p1
    25-30 maxed droids and some rebels for P2
    P3 is the hardest by far, used what we had left over, Jedi, jawas, droids, and ugnaught lol.
    P4 can be cleared with 15-20 maxed rebel teams.
    We have our whales but none of those characters are pay to win that we needed. It can be done. A good chunk of our guild only has 1-1,1/2 teams they can really throw at it. But in making sure it's the RIGHT team for the RIGHT phase. That's the key to victory
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    A good gauge is clearing normal mode in 3 refreshes
  • Durrun wrote: »
    A good gauge is clearing normal mode in 3 refreshes

Thanks! We have already forgotten how many refreshes we have done. We finished first normal in 19 days, second in about 10 days.