This is the culmination of 23 days of "normal" AAT Tank raiding.

Prev1
Trouserdeagle
267 posts Member
edited November 2016
23 days. Twenty three. That's how long it's taken to finish a single tank raid, and for this.

o06r7018a6xx.png

Replies

• Normal rewards, whats the issue?
  • In another two months you MIGHT have enough salvage to craft one or two components for one or two pieces of gear.

Go you!
  • At least you finished it. We are on phase 2 with 86% left to go.
  • Normal rewards, whats the issue?

The issue is the timeframe. 23 days for a single raid.
    Ditchpig3 wrote: »
    At least you finished it. We are on phase 2 with 86% left to go.

I feel your pain.
  • Or you could join a guild that doesn't have 40 slackers.
  • Or you could join a guild that doesn't have 40 slackers.

It's not a question of slackers. Some people just joined the game late, others, to quote Ross Geller, were "on a break". The problem with the tank raid is that they only gave us two difficulty levels: "insane" and "difficult but timed". Had they added Tiers 1-5, this wouldn't be a problem, most guilds would be doing lower tiers and evolving characters.

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    If the characters u r trying to evolve need AAT gear, then they r gear X minimum. That being said, u either 1, dont need AAT to progress or 2, u r not making the most of your gear X toons bcuz 5 players could have cleared it in that time.
  • At least you got #2. The people below you prob got 1/3 that in the same period of time. There's a huge drop off after #.
  • It's a self-contained raid. You don't need to take away from anything else in the game to participate, so regardless of time to completion (our guild is just completing phase I) any rewards gotten are gravy on top of whatever else you are achieving in the game. Not worth it to you? Don't participate. You lose nothing.
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • This raid is useless
  • People need to relaize there are no lower tiers for a reason. The rewards for this aat are the "new" gear pieces. You don't need those until g10 level 83. Even if you only had 2 people at that point it would only take you 5 raids to max hem out. This raid is for the people who are ready to move into next content. With 25+ 7* g10+ characters.
    You know, since we actually have the people to gear up. Once you get enough maxed people than you can join in on the heroic aat and gear your people to 11
  • Those are great. I was ranked 8 and my reward was significantly less, but I'm ok with that because I hardly put in effort. The difficulty I can deal with, it is what it is. What kills it for me are the animations. The long, drawn out, slow animations. A caveman beating his head against a wall trying to make it rain in the desert is a smarter move than implementing those.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    People need to relaize there are no lower tiers for a reason. The rewards for this aat are the "new" gear pieces. You don't need those until g10 level 83. Even if you only had 2 people at that point it would only take you 5 raids to max hem out. This raid is for the people who are ready to move into next content. With 25+ 7* g10+ characters.
    You know, since we actually have the people to gear up. Once you get enough maxed people than you can join in on the heroic aat and gear your people to 11

Rancor has a level 1 for level 30 1 star toons... At that point those characters don't need the top rewards either, yet the reduced difficulty and rewards are there.

I would agree with you IF the raids used the same coin/currency. Then guilds would have to choose to build their top characters more or build up their lesser characters with Rancor.

Since they do NOT use the same currency those that can do AAT get to continue to do both. Guilds that realistically cannot are at a great disadvantage without a way to catch up really until they can grind 10+ (AND upto 40-50 players) characters which is a freaking lot.

The locking out of content is imo an issue. Everyone should be able to participate in all content (with reduced rewards, omega events are a great example but probably could be scaled better, more difficult).

The meta is ever changing so leveling up your lesser toons while at the same time maxing your mains is a big deal imo.

Having lesser tier gives something to do AND should allow resources to help move up to other tiers.

No one said the lesser tiers have to give the new gear pieces, I would say it would actually better if they have little/few and more lvl 80/g10 stuff to help get your characters up to 80+ faster.

Though I would say some reward balancing could be done but I do tend to agree people will get to the point where the current difficulty/rewards will be good for normal and heroic. Just like rancor... but rancor had lower levels to help those who couldn't do t6/t7 etc.

• Ditchpig3 wrote: »
    At least you finished it. We are on phase 2 with 86% left to go.

My guild should start Phase 2 today. Not sure how many are remembering to fight each day anymore.

• Our guild is about to the half way point after however long it's been. 23 days or so. I agree fully it needs lower tiers or greater rewards for the lower members who are painfully and miserably hanging in their with us. The rewards can be huge even at lower levels as long as they are useless rewards to very high ranked members but they will still help lower level members advance quickly from where they are at.
  • "My guild smashes heroic rancor. we should be able to atleast get close to be able to do heroic aat. It's no fair, it's too hard."
    Lol just because your guild can do heroic rancor in an hour doesn't mean you are aat ready. I can easily, by myself, complete heroic rancor with just my characters. The other 49 people don't even need to be there. So he fact your guild can complete heroic rancor, literally means nothing.
  • Btw...Our guild looks like this damage wise. Our strongest member has 16mil damage done, I'm in second with 9mil damage, 3rd place has 7mil. After that it drops to 2mil for a handful of members. As I said we are just about to reach the half way point today. Is this all worth a measley $900k credits and a few pieces of gear that will be spent on building up one toon not even fully. The credits should be in the millions for two months worth of work! :(
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    People need to relaize there are no lower tiers for a reason. The rewards for this aat are the "new" gear pieces. You don't need those until g10 level 83. Even if you only had 2 people at that point it would only take you 5 raids to max hem out. This raid is for the people who are ready to move into next content. With 25+ 7* g10+ characters.

My guild has completed 5 normal AAT raids. I've finished top 15 in each, and I still don't have enough of the new gear to fill a single slot on any of my lvl 83 toons.

My guild has completed 5 normal AAT raids. I've finished top 15 in each, and I still don't have enough of the new gear to fill a single slot on any of my lvl 83 toons.

well I'm sure it would be different for you if you finished top 15 and have completed 5 HEROIC raids.
  • My guild has completed 5 normal AAT raids. I've finished top 15 in each, and I still don't have enough of the new gear to fill a single slot on any of my lvl 83 toons.
    If you've completed 5 T6 Rancor raids would you have enough for a piece?
    Jetlife wrote: »

well I'm sure it would be different for you if you finished top 15 and have completed 5 HEROIC raids.
    If you've completed 5 T6 Rancor raids would you have enough for a piece?

That's my point, the normal raid is useless for helping you move on to the next stage. If the only people who are "ready to move on" are those in guilds that can complete the heroic AAT, then why even have the normal?
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    We've done 3 normal AAT raids and all my rewards added up aren't as good as yours! Wait till you get a bad drop :lol:
  • That's my point, the normal raid is useless for helping you move on to the next stage. If the only people who are "ready to move on" are those in guilds that can complete the heroic AAT, then why even have the normal?
    Then how did people move from T6 Rancor to T7?
  • That's my point, the normal raid is useless for helping you move on to the next stage. If the only people who are "ready to move on" are those in guilds that can complete the heroic AAT, then why even have the normal?
    Then how did people move from T6 Rancor to T7?

To answer you previous question, yes, if I completed 5 T6 Rancor raids I would have enough to complete a piece of gear. In all likelihood, I would have received one or two complete pieces. Instead of a similar experience with the AAT, I don't even have enough pieces for one solitary single piece of gear on my nine G10+ toons. I guess when I have 25 of them, I'll be ready. So, I'll just sit over here at the kids' table while you big boys carve the turkey.
  • This raid is unbalanced, ridiculous and super boring. A lot of players wait for devs fix this raid.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    23 days. Twenty three. That's how long it's taken to finish a single tank raid, and for this.

o06r7018a6xx.png

There's a few clues as to why it took you 23 days. Your guild was doing t6 RANCOR raids last month. You tried to bring in mercs for your t7 and failed. You freely say your leader is absent constantly. And you come here to complain about the aat raid? Jelly. Complete jelly.
  • B_O_S_S_K wrote: »
    It's a self-contained raid. You don't need to take away from anything else in the game to participate, so regardless of time to completion (our guild is just completing phase I) any rewards gotten are gravy on top of whatever else you are achieving in the game. Not worth it to you? Don't participate. You lose nothing.

+1 Exactly.
  • 23 days. Twenty three. That's how long it's taken to finish a single tank raid, and for this.

o06r7018a6xx.png

There's a few clues as to why it took you 23 days. Your guild was doing t6 RANCOR raids last month. You tried to bring in mercs for your t7 and failed. You freely say your leader is absent constantly. And you come here to complain about the aat raid? Jelly. Complete jelly.

That was while ago. We've been in a new guild with active membership for the past month. T7 rancor is over in a few hours now.
  • Our guild is still at 53% of p2 lol. At least you finished it.