How a T5 AAT could ease the pain(whale terminology)

The Heroic Tank raid is for the top end players. The Orcas, Narwhals, and Whales-along with a fair amount of F2p sharks are its intended target. Specifically guilds full of only these that have been playing from the beginning.
The T6 raid is a measuring stick to see if a guild is ready for the heroic raid. It is geared toward a guild with 50 members with a mix of Orcas, Porpises, Dolphins and sharks, with an occasional whale-shark.

A T5 raid should be for mixed guilds with all of the above creatures plus tuna, plankton, barnacles, and minnows. They can beat a heroic rancor with their coordination. Also, newer guilds filled with newer players-the plankton and the minnows-who are on T6 rancor could play this T5 AAT, struggle but play.
Rewards: if a t5 is your only option the guild is not ready for the gear in t6 and heroic. Therefore that gear should not be rewarded in this t5. I propose it reward gear similar to that of a T6 Rancor raid. In quantities equal to a rank of 10th in the rancor t6 for all participants. The quantity of gear would not be as high as to devalue the market established. The time requirement would still lead to lengthy raids as such the rewards might equate to half a day of energy used in farming. Assuming a 2-5week finish time, not very distruptive to current values.

I find the normal AAT fun, but I am a dolpin and can choose my path freely. Others struggle and do not find the normal raid fun. A t5 would still have an enormous amount of health but less tm to combat the nihilistic view many see the new raid in.

Terminology Guide: [percent of player pop. Guestimate]
Whale: the definition is pretty standard, pay to win. Has every toon unlocked, 40-60 7*s 7/8ths g9+, arena rank 1-5. [2%]
Narwhal: pay to play but always a bit behind in arena. Snipes top spots during payout. Arena rank: 1-200. [2%]
Whaleshark: p2p, has all their favorite characters maxed out rather than some of the essential ones, when the meta changes they cash in, arena rank: 1-120. [1%]
Orca: smaller amounts of money spent ($100-500) strategically, guildies that placed 1-3 in early t7 raids, leaders, arena rank: 1-20 [2%]
Dolphin: smaller amounts of $$, like all above have been playing from the beginning, have a mixed roster of favorite characters and meta/raid specific characters. Arena rank: 30-200 [25%]
Porpoise: newer player but still months ahead. $$ like the dolphins but the lose a fight with them. Arena rank: 60-300 [13%]
Shark: free to play, meta chasers, driven. Tempted to spend. Arena rank: 45-190 [35%]
Tuna: f2p casual, arena rank 300+ [10%]
Minnows: newest players [5%]
Plankton: extremely casual. Go where they can [1%]
Barnacles: causual players who dont really make an effort or alts that stick to whales [3%]
Megalodon: the ftp sharks and p2w palyers who fell behind, may have quit [1%]

Replies

• First, it's okay if a guild cannot complete any level of the AAT. The only reason I could see to actually have a t5 would be for the lower level players to get some practice at it. As it stands, the AAT raid is essentially an extension of rancor raid. Instead of giving us t8 of rancor raid they gave us the next level in the form of tank raid.

Second, I hope you realize that ftp can make it to #1. I did for a long time before I started spending.

Finally, people are figuring the raid out. Guilds that struggled to complete normal when tank raid started, with proper coordination are completing heroic now. Some guilds can even support some of those lower level ftp players now and not suffer in a heroic.