The Heroic AAT Raid...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Synfreak wrote: »
    It isn't up to you! They will take a look at how many guilds are completing heroic and they are going to make a decision based on that! Not based on comments from some people from the guilds that are completing it already lmao!!

Pretty much.
    It's also evident whale guilds have more proportional representation in this forum then they have in game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Heroic is solid.

Normal needs a slight health nerf, but I could live with it the way it is if:

Add a lower tier so it doesn't take lower guilds more then a 7-10 days.But only by lowering health to keep it a challenge.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    myea8017 wrote: »
    We finished it on 52 minutes today. Let's leave the herioc alone.

Does that not mean that it is too easy, so quadruple the health?
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Leave heroic alone but add the same rewards to t6. Or make heroic more accessible. The former makes sense to me. Normal mode and hard mode... Both should be rewarding. Especially as normal mode can take some time.

If you're suggesting normal mode should award Kenobi shards or equal amounts of gear as heroic, I have to disagree. Heroic has to be more rewarding than normal because it's evidently more difficult

I disagree, I think if you have the right squads it is easy to do the required 1 mil of damage on auto. In fact, I'd say the fact normal takes longer to complete would say that people should be getting more rewards for that than a 1 hour heroic effort. The difference is squads and mods, not effort.
  • Options
    ive been saying this for since for 2 weeks

if anything buff it back up a little
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Leave heroic alone but add the same rewards to t6. Or make heroic more accessible. The former makes sense to me. Normal mode and hard mode... Both should be rewarding. Especially as normal mode can take some time.

If you're suggesting normal mode should award Kenobi shards or equal amounts of gear as heroic, I have to disagree. Heroic has to be more rewarding than normal because it's evidently more difficult

I disagree, I think if you have the right squads it is easy to do the required 1 mil of damage on auto. In fact, I'd say the fact normal takes longer to complete would say that people should be getting more rewards for that than a 1 hour heroic effort. The difference is squads and mods, not effort.

By your logic normal is somehow harder to complete than heroic, so why aren't more guilds switching over to heroic? Because there's no risk of failure when you start normal, and a lot of people don't have the right squads. If they did you wouldn't see the forums drowning in complaints about normal mode. The only problem with normal is the health values, everything besides that makes is much easier than heroic and thus it should never give the same rewards as heroic. If rewards were based on time needed for completion it would encourage even more guilds to draw out their normal raids.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • fpancheri
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Another "I can do it, so it's fine/It's insane, please nerf" topic.

AAT is not about you, folks. Here some different questions:

1. How many people did Rancor at the first week and how many did AAT?

2. If I start to play today, how long it takes to do heroic AAT?

3. People are starting to quit? How many?

4. If a lot of people quit, EA will continue support this game?

Someone will say "only whales matters to EA". I don't think so. It's not fun be a whale if everybody is. The ocean needs little tiny fishs too to be fun.
  • Options
    +1

Phase 1 still 85% left to go. Started the raid 2 days after it opened only because it has a cap. A lower Tier would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I for one think even normal is okay. And our guild takes a week or so to finish. The game needs a challenge like this. Everything else in the game is basically click auto and go. The tank requires some focus. At least rancor is very easy to finish fast, so just grow and over time tank will be easy.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Look, i agree the heroic is fine as is
    its just that it has great requirements (at least my roster depth) which most guilds don't have. not even mine does, sure once most are lvl 85 and have more g11 chars we will crush it
    but for most of the community that is at least 5-6 months away

and then there is the fact that some guilds consolidated their whales and now they find that it's getting too easy; here is your solution to make it harder, bring some of your weak members in to the heroic tiers, get them to do heroics, cycle the whales back to the weak guilds so that all the sub guild are doing heroic.
    Post edited by djvita on
  • digsmartins
    170 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ow the need that you guys have to feel special for beating a heroic raid its impressive.
    - its supposed to be challenging;
    - its not for everyone
    - I'm feeling superior than those who can't beat it.
    - Finally one thing in my meanless life that i can be happy with.
    - Lets base the decision on my personal experience. since the world spin around my ego.
  • Options
    We're actually close to having to limit one team per phase and we're by no means a full whale guild.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Look, i agree the heroic is fine as is
    its just that it has great requirements (at least my roster depth) which most guilds don't have. not even mine does, sure once most are lvl 85 and have more g11 chars will we crush it
    but for most of the community that is at least 5-6 months away

and then there is the fact that some guilds consolidated their whales and now they fins that its getting too easy; here is your solution to make it harder, bring some of your weak membranes in, get them to do heroics, cycle the whales back to the weak guilds so that all the sub guild are doing heroic.

That's exactly what's going to happen, and it'll be the rancor raid all over again. My guild is already putting restrictions on how fast the raid can be taken down so that everyone has a chance to log in damage.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I think they should add 3x health to the Heroic. Make it more interesting.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »

Boring not interesting
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Boring not interesting

You misspelled challenging, that's what they call the normal raid.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

Boring not interesting

No one calls it that, if normal was challenging people wouldn't be sending in squads and hitting auto
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Leave it how it is
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

Boring not interesting

No one calls it that, if normal was challenging people wouldn't be sending in squads and hitting auto

that's just because the difference between a good run and an auto run is too little compared to the total health. Being able to finish the raid in 7 days instead of 8/9 doesn't justify spending an hour a day maximizing damage with all of your 5 attempts. It's just not worth it. This has nothing to do with how challenging/difficult a normal raid is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

By your logic normal is somehow harder to complete than heroic, so why aren't more guilds switching over to heroic? Because there's no risk of failure when you start normal, and a lot of people don't have the right squads. If they did you wouldn't see the forums drowning in complaints about normal mode. The only problem with normal is the health values, everything besides that makes is much easier than heroic and thus it should never give the same rewards as heroic. If rewards were based on time needed for completion it would encourage even more guilds to draw out their normal raids.

By my logic, the difference between effort required is none existent. I'd love to see if those completing heroic could do it without droids and wiggs. If you want a challenge.. try that and see how far you get.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

By my logic, the difference between effort required is none existent. I'd love to see if those completing heroic could do it without droids and wiggs. If you want a challenge.. try that and see how far you get.

If it's non existent then why aren't more guilds switching over to heroic, why do normal at all? There's no reason for me to stop using Wiggs and droids in heroic raids, why would I handicap myself?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Because effort has nothing to do with completing it. Having a pvp ready droid and wiggs squad on every roster including good mods is the only difference. Getting that together takes time. Probably a good few months or so.