Congrats to all the people complaining about Barriss/Dooku being OP :P

Prev1
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/754/known-issues-12-4-2015

KNOWN ISSUES

Characters

Barriss Offee healing abilities.
Count Dooku being too powerful.

B)

Replies

• Options
    The Nerf-gun is nigh

>:)
  • Options
    Went n paid $50?for Barriss did you? Knew this would happen I did.
  • Options
    I didn't pay squat. I got Barriss from a Chromium card :D
  • Options
    Many suckers there were. EA is pleased!
  • Options
    Once Vader (many are getting close) and Sidious (many are getting close from doing PvP) unlocks for the majority of the level 40's who started at launch....

then you'll see Sidious and Vader everywhere....

....And again, the cycle that those two are OP'd and everywhere in PvP teams will cause another cry for power nerf.

shrug

• Options
    Vader isn't that powerful. I like him and he's really cool to have but, I have him at level 60 4* gear 4.
  • Options
    Glad Old Ben isn't everywhere yet.
  • Options
    Old Ben, Lando, Sid, Vader...all present much more deadly problems than Dooku / Barriss. I wouldn't even call those toons OP necessarily though - they can be beaten. I think the game overall is pretty well balanced. CG / EA did a very nice job. That's a big part of what is attractive to me. The character depth and counter tactic ability is good.
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah my problem isn't that Barriss is honestly OP compared to the full range of available options to someone that plays forever and/or drops $1,000 to max out. It's that she was available as a guaranteed drop and is strong against basic characters. Therefore, she is completely dominating the meta for all of us who are just starting to play the game. Those of us who didn't want to drop $50 to buy her are just sort of out of luck until the late game when we can get some decent counters to her. Even those that did buy her are still stuck in a meta with 90%+ Barriss teams.

I've seen the videos; I know there are plenty of solid options to counter Barriss. When everyone in my bracket starts to get those characters, we'll see a shift where maybe not every single team I play against has her and/or I'll have options to deal with her. For now though, just as I'm starting to play and deciding whether the game is worth my time and money, I'm dominated by her.

Were she merely just another chromium-only character that anyone could get by buying their way to her or getting lucky (like many other powerful characters that aren't nearly so popular), this wouldn't be a problem. The only people that would be playing her would be the lucky and the big spenders. I'm totally cool with that. The problem is that everyone has her and the meta kinda sucks right now due to that. I'm going to stick with it since I trust my 7* farmables will wreck her once people figure out how hard she is to rank up. I can't say the same for everyone in the same boat.
  • Options
    You will wreck her with a high damage team+stun and if possible damage vs jedi. Then you will see counter teams to yours.
  • Options
    It's taking a while to build solid anti Jedi teams. I got stopped at the last battle on Galactic War tonight. Bariss, old Ben Vader, Dooku and the Jedi C. So much healing,power, and ability block. No way through.
  • Options
    Getting.fixed.finally.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    From what Ive seen obi wan and sid are as strong or stronger. The first couple days dooku pwned my starter guys even when i was higher lvl and rated. Now that i have a few more heros and experience i ignore bariss and i focus dooku after healers are dead. With a little luck I get a stun in and he doesnt hurt me much. Thankfully dooku isnt very tanky, although if i dont get any stuns on him he can eat up a lot of time with all of his attacks. Sid and obi wan on the other hand, i have no counter to them.
  • Options
    Hahaha no one has fought old Ben? He honestly is the current meta master. Not sad little Barriss that can't hurt a mice.

At level 60, maxed gear and skills, dear old Ben has HP like a tank, and has an AoE, 100% skill block and damage debuff lasting 2 turns, defendable only by resistance. He hits pretty well too, unlike Barriss.

- "let's kill him first then!

Impossible. Old Ben has a passive that grants the entire team critical up, evasion up, speed up, defense up for 2 turns, once he dies. Kill him, and the rest of the team murders you, and he isn't that easy to bring down either.

Verdict: Can't choose to burst him down first, since he buffs all characters ridiculously once dead. Leave him alone and he debuff your team so badly, you are quite dead as you likely can't heal or do any dmg for 2 turns. Not much viable debuff cleansing heroes now either. Therefore, he's a hero that almost has no counters against him.

Only saving grace: Chromium unique. Only super payers can put him to use by getting multiple copies of him for 5*.

Of cos you can always dedicate your dooku to old Ben defense duty, hope you stun or ability block him on attack Hahaha.
  • Options
    That s more or less what I thought about Old Ben in one of the thread. Combined with Tarkin e.g opponent s team would just do joking damage for the whole match. If you think Dooku is super op, you havent seen much. But hey, you want to nerf a char, they will give u a new op char soon enough. So prepare to fight this battle for eternity because it is not a problem with certain chars, it is business.
  • Options
    @SeroZero wrote: »
    Hahaha no one has fought old Ben? He honestly is the current meta master. Not sad little Barriss that can't hurt a mice.

At level 60, maxed gear and skills, dear old Ben has HP like a tank, and has an AoE, 100% skill block and damage debuff lasting 2 turns, defendable only by resistance. He hits pretty well too, unlike Barriss.

- "let's kill him first then!

Impossible. Old Ben has a passive that grants the entire team critical up, evasion up, speed up, defense up for 2 turns, once he dies. Kill him, and the rest of the team murders you, and he isn't that easy to bring down either.

Verdict: Can't choose to burst him down first, since he buffs all characters ridiculously once dead. Leave him alone and he debuff your team so badly, you are quite dead as you likely can't heal or do any dmg for 2 turns. Not much viable debuff cleansing heroes now either. Therefore, he's a hero that almost has no counters against him.

Only saving grace: Chromium unique. Only super payers can put him to use by getting multiple copies of him for 5*.

Of cos you can always dedicate your dooku to old Ben defense duty, hope you stun or ability block him on attack Hahaha.

I've been saying that there are more powerful characters than Dooku and Barriss but no one ever seems to listen because all they care about is "Barriss/Dooku is what's stopping me from getting what I want right now!"

Not to mention the people complaining right now are mainly in the level 30-50 range and have no idea what to expect when they hit 60.

But don't worry, I'm sure once they come across Old Ben a few times they'll start to complain about how OP he is and that he's P2W because he's Chromium card exclusive and try to get him nerfed too :p
  • Options
    Exactly what Alatar and Zero said... Barriss' isn't really OP, she's just everywhere and is tricky to counter until you have the right people... Now Old Ben.... he's a menace with no counter to him. I cringe when I see him show up unlike any Barriss'/Dooku team. I wipe the floor with most of those teams at this point anyway.

They shouldn't have made them purchasable, but at this point it's too late. However, nerfing them isn't the real answer, especially if EA wants to continually make money... All those people that paid for them, the ones that are most likely to continually spend money on the game, will lose faith in the value that they are purchasing. Why the hell am I going to spend $50 on characters that you are going to find OP in a couple of weeks because people who don't know how to counter them say they are, when they really aren't, and then nerf them? It's not good for business... Like David said, you want to nerf someone? Just wait until next characters are released and there's another "OP" character in there that everyone will complain about. It's a vicious never ending cycle.

Personally I've found everyone but Old Ben very well balanced. As Zero said, only saving grace is he's a card pull only and can't be farmed..... Yet....
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That s more or less what I thought about Old Ben in one of the thread. Combined with Tarkin e.g opponent s team would just do joking damage for the whole match. If you think Dooku is super op, you havent seen much. But hey, you want to nerf a char, they will give u a new op char soon enough. So prepare to fight this battle for eternity because it is not a problem with certain chars, it is business.

I would love to see a team with Old Ben, Tarkin, Fett, IG-88, and Vader. You could potentially have the whole enemy team in constant offense down and ability lock down for a whole fight, you probably wouldn't even need a healer because they would all do pithy damage, while Vader could pick them off one by one with his Culling Blade after hitting them with Force Crush :D
  • Options
    Lol yeah buff, debuff + high damage, no healers sounds fun. I also think that it might be possible with no healer. They should create this aggro type. Say, you want a cheaper aggro option you can grind for a droid team, which is not as strong but get the job done.
  • Options
    Old ben is really a headache in pvp. Gives me hell.

The crying is really annoying. First it was aoe now barriss and dooku. The dev shd switch on aoe again so it would keep some of them forum people occupied for another month. Before they move on to some other character. Yep barriss hits non existant. Better prep your luminara guys
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Well, if nobody has said it yet I will: if they nerf Barriss hard I will think twice before buying any more character packs (which I am ready and waiting to do if I like them.. I haven't bought the others).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    @Qeltar wrote: »
    Well, if nobody has said it yet I will: if they nerf Barriss hard I will think twice before buying any more character packs (which I am ready and waiting to do if I like them.. I haven't bought the others).

I don't think they'll nerf Barriss hard.

Most people's complaints stem from the fact that her heal seems to ignore the heal immunity debuff and that she has a lot of HP.

Those two things are the only thing she has going for her right now because her damage is atrocious. There's literally no other reason to have Barriss on your team other than for the HP boost (as leader) or to have a healer that can survive more than 3 hits.

I haven't heard the devs mention anything about her HP level but they have mentioned that they're discussing internally if her heal ability needs to be revised.

I've posted this 2 or 3 times in these forums already but I'll say it again:

When Barris is the last character standing and she has heal immunity on her, she gains no health at all when she casts her heal.

This makes sense to me because a) she has a heal immunity debuff on her so the 2nd part of her heal shouldn't work, and b) she has no other allies on her team still alive to "equalise" her health with.

Because of this I'm actually of the belief that the "health equaliser" portion of her heal ability shouldn't be affected by the heal immunity debuff and is working as intended.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    There is also principle involved here. They sold a pack based on a particular character really (though I am getting plenty of use out of two others) and they should tread lightly before tinkering with it.
    As you pointed out, that special heal is all she has going for her. She is basically a pure healer and brings nothing but healing and HP to the table. If they nerf her healing, what use is she?
  • Options
    @Qeltar wrote: »
    There is also principle involved here. They sold a pack based on a particular character really (though I am getting plenty of use out of two others) and they should tread lightly before tinkering with it.
    As you pointed out, that special heal is all she has going for her. She is basically a pure healer and brings nothing but healing and HP to the table. If they nerf her healing, what use is she?

I absolutely agree with you that there's a matter of principle here.

I would be quite annoyed too if I spent the $50 (actually the pack would have cost $80 here since I'm in Australia :( ) for Barriss only to have her get made useless.

Like many others have said in other threads, if EA go ahead and nerf Barriss because of the complaints from F2P players they will be shooting themselves in the foot because then those who were willing to actually pay money for this game are less willing to do so in future if they're uncertain that their purchases could change so easily and so soon after they made the purchase.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Right, I don't even care that she's less important at higher levels, or that they will bring out new chars that make many of our current ones obsolete. That's MMOing for you.
    But to nerf something a week after I bought it for a specific reason -- that is not right.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Right, I don't even care that she's less important at higher levels, or that they will bring out new chars that make many of our current ones obsolete. That's MMOing for you.
    But to nerf something a week after I bought it for a specific reason -- that is not right.

It's the same across the gaming world. That's another reason why Microtransactions are At so despised in multiplayer games. Every multiplayer goes through buffs and nerfs, we both know that. However, multiplayer games with Microtransactions punish paying players the most, because in order for people to buy it, it must be OP, but they can't let it start OP, because it will run off loads of free players, who are potential sales.

Differences aside, purely from a principle standpoint, it is messed up when customers get taken advantage of; which is why I never pay for any performance enhancing items, as they are ALWAYS subject to change, plus creates a cheesy environment.

I don't know if you've checked out paragraph 3 & 5 of the Terms of Service, but EA has themselves covered.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc#section5
  • Options
    I'm sidious. DARTH SIDIOUS. *James Bond theme song*
  • Options
    Mod already spoke about this. They were meant as a topic and the mod pretty much said it is unlikely that they will be nerfed and that in the future the mod will not title it as he/she did.

• Options
    Barriss is a beast! I want to buy it but debating!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't know if you've checked out paragraph 3 & 5 of the Terms of Service, but EA has themselves covered.

Wouldn't even bother reading them, of course EA has themselves covered. I knew that going in.
    You know, I think people really lose perspective when it comes to these games. On the one hand you have people who spend thousands of dollars -- someone I know has spent over $3,000 since hard launch. And on the other you have people who act like spending $5 or even $50 on IAPs is the end of the world.
    This is my favorite mobile game so far, I lucked into finding it as I just happened to be looking for a new game when it came out, and finally I found something fun that I got in on the ground floor on instead of starting a year after everyone else. I've spent $60 on the game so far. That's the cost of a decent dinner and a movie, and I've gotten dozens of hours of entertainment from this already.
    I *will* be careful with future purchases if they start nerfing pack contents, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
This discussion has been closed.