Is it safe to farm Poe via cantina shipments?

Prev1
Omnirhyze
167 posts Member
edited January 2016
There's lots of talk about nerfing Poe. Yeah that means he's probably powerful, but a lot of angry players united around one opinion can bring change. Could a possible nerf nuke his worth in his future, or should I not worry about it? My alternate choice would be fives I guess, since I have Daka now.

Also, is it just the six/seven star Poe that's said to be OP?

Edit: I guess you can see this as yet another Poe vs Fives thread, though this time Poe's fate may be in peril :P
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

Replies

• I would go another direction.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Good question. Wish I knew the answer here. You can use Poe with Max gear effectively at 5*..maybe even four if you have really high damage dealers
  • I would go 5's or wait until the next character release because they will probably add more characters to cantina shipments.
  • Nothing is safe.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I wouldn't farm him yet unless you absolutely feel you need too. Devs have said multiple times they are aware of him - he's first in turn to get some kind of nerf. Once the nerf hammer swings you never know how hard it will be. Cantina shipments are too valuable to blow.
  • I wouldn't farm him yet unless you absolutely feel you need too. Devs have said multiple times they are aware of him - he's first in turn to get some kind of nerf. Once the nerf hammer swings you never know how hard it will be. Cantina shipments are too valuable to blow.
    Could you provide me some links to threads that show Devs threatening to nerf Poe? Does this mean I should farm fives?
  • I stopped Barriss leveling Barriss right AFTER the nerf, now I really wish I had not.
  • I have about 40 more shards till he's 7* so I'm finishing him but I'm sure he'll be adjusted along with a few other characters.

...not really sure who else I'd go after in cantina anyway.
  • I stopped asap about a week ago...I'm afraid they will do something drastic, or just make him on par with other tanks I currently own. I'm HOPING they buff up Han's numbers to make him relevant to actually tanking damage outside of 2-3 hits since I have him 7*. I'll be saving cantina until the next release or maybe finish off Ahsoka (can't hurt to add another Jedi for future use).

And even if they don't nerf him, I wouldn't see the fun of having him anymore.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/42003y/detailed_analysis_of_poes_bravado/

Look in the comments....a dev named: im-not-really-a-jedi said this:

"Thank you for writing this up! :)
    The only thing I can really say is that it has been read ;)"

So take from it what you want. Nothings certain, but with all the :) going on and the suggestive pleasure with the quality of the writing, I think he's definitely on the hot seat. I'd honestly be surprised if he weren't adjusted somehow at this point.

5s...I don't know. May just want to hoard them longer to see if something is added. Also...maybe they don't change Poe...in that case you'd want to get back on him. Or...FOO is turn 2 and available there...he has meter control that can impact the match just like Poe..he's just not as widely used / known at this point. If Poe is nerfed, he becomes the next fastest major meter manipulator.
  • I have another alternative, which is to keep farming Daka tokens in order to promote her. Only if fives wouldn't make a more suitable target to farm than Poe or daka.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    No one can truly answer this but the Devs, and they're not going to give you the advance knowledge that you (or I ) would want for this. That said, I'm still in my Daka building currently but I'm planning to go with Poe next. I think it's likely he'll get some nerfing, but I'd be surprised if they changed him so much that he'd no longer be an asset. Only time will tell though.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Hoard Cantina tokens, then wait. If you have enough to bump up a star level buy them/get a new character
  • aeonaxx
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You guys didn't really understand what designers and devs think. Nerfing is a bad choice for Poe. The solution would probably be to release one, or two, or three new characters who can either be comparable with Poe or counter Poe's abilities.
  • Fortunately, I still have 30 shards to go on getting Daka to 7*. At the sliw rate for cantina shipments, we should know if Poe gets nerfed before I have to decide.

I already geared him up though but it's the only taunting tank I have done this with so it's no biggie, I needed one anyway. I stopped leveling Chewie in mid 40's.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Poe will probably always be the fastest taunt. How fast he is and what happens when he taunts is hard to predict for the future.
  • I could use a replacement for Chewie. I'm actually still using him lol. So the general consensus is basically whatever (sensible) nerf Poe might suffer, he's still worth farming?

And second best option would be to hoard cantina credits?
  • aeonaxx wrote: »
    You guys didn't really understand what designers and devs think. Nerfing is a bad choice for Poe. The solution would probably be to release one, or two, or three new characters who can either be comparable with Poe or counter Poe's abilities.
    That sounds logical, but balance adjustments are much more practical. We don't want every batch of new characters to be more powerful than the last, we want every character to be viable.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    unfortunately....power creep is a thing and it happens with every new set of characters in every game.
    mighty chlorians
  • aeonaxx wrote: »

Personally I am not in support of taunters going in turn 7 in general, so his speed needs a nerf. Second it will be easier for them to nerf poe than actually try release characters to solely just counter 1 character. Lastly Poe just has too many useful tools, so unless u want them to release more characters that are too good in comparison to the current cast.

I would suggest not invest in starring him up past 4* because you dont know how hard that nerf hammer will land. Personally i want hard because there's no fun using a character that can only be countered with the same character
  • While being an advocate for some balancing myself, i really hope the devs dont nerf him into the ground. The turn meter is causing the late game issues, but the rest of him functions perfectly as desired-a fast tank that helps protect your glass cannons. If he gets dropped in speed and health too then we will be back to having 0 worthwhile tanks
  • Good job, Poe is ridiculous.
    Han and then give all tanks a taunt ability.
    I got Wookie, Han and the First officer storm trooper , I just use Wookie ATM but will switch to Han ones he's 5 stars
  • I'm in the same boat as you and am 20 shards away from unlocking him. I'm actually pretty happy with my Chewie but I'm going to go for it because I'm almost at unlocking him. I would say to just do it if you are close but if you have better things you could be unlocking at the cantina shipments then I would say go for that instead
  • I'm simply hoarding shards until I have enough to star up...no idea when the update is hitting...
    No idea if Poe will be nerfed, or if so how bad. Either way he is the only effective tank so looking his way isn't a bad idea. FYI 4* Poe isnt enough for arena... I dropped from top 50 to outside 100 when I tried...even fully geared. Took him out and back in top 50
  • If assists and damage wasn't so high 25% meter reduction wouldn't be as big of an issue.

The 1 turn meta is a snorefest.
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    I'm pretty far from his 7th star so I'm banking the tokens through the next update. If he remains worth it, I'll cash in on him, otherwise someone else.

Even at 6* he serves his purpose if you max his speed. He then may or may not survive the taunt depending on the opposition team.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I'm pretty far from his 7th star so I'm banking the tokens through the next update. If he remains worth it, I'll cash in on him, otherwise someone else.

Even at 6* he serves his purpose if you max his speed. He then may or may not survive the taunt depending on the opposition team.

Same here, just finished up his 6*. Have 1.4K cantina and just going to save it for now.
  • Keep at 5* or too weak?
  • Keep at 5* or too weak?

I just got Poe to 6* today but I've been finishing 1st and 2nd since like December so I think he was fine at 5*.
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Even buying three Cantina refreshes each day you will only be able to grab two shipments / day, just save the currency for now.