Tournaments - I'm Losing Interest

While there was a little bit of a rush finishing high enough (78) to unlock Shoretrooper, it was more than a little disappointing to see him go to Chromium. Chirrut looks like a pretty cool character, but I doubt I can win him for 7* based on past experience. Does the uncertainty of being able to finish off Chirrut through farming change your level of interest in the next tournament?

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yes, it's utterly pointless. Don't begrudge toons for whales in any way, Shoretrooper feels a bit of an unintelligent move
  • It tells me tournys are useless for f2p unless they want a non 7* star toon in their roster. Am I wrong or is there a path to a 7* toon from tourny for f2p?
  • In a word, yes.

Also, shore going to chromiums saddens me also because of the hard work I had to put in to get him, and now he is a buy away. I can't buy him, as FTP, but all the whales I felt proud of beating in the tournament can, and I lose my hard earned advantage.

At least the drop rate is horrible I hear.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Willis wrote: »
    In a word, yes.

Also, shore going to chromiums saddens me also because of the hard work I had to put in to get him, and now he is a buy away. I can't buy him, as FTP, but all the whales I felt proud of beating in the tournament can, and I lose my hard earned advantage.

At least the drop rate is horrible I hear.

Yeah, but if enough whales **** and moan, they'll fix that.
  • I feel bad that whales can't get baze, such a waste trying to get him. However, if the whales couldn't get their Coast Guards in the tourney, then they don't deserve him.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Tournaments are just a waist of Ressources nothing more nothing less.. and they are totally lame..auto win everything with two teams
    Rebells and Droids/Jawas

I do not going to play any tournament in the future again.. and I am not the only one who stopped..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They had too, it would have upset too many people who payed the first tournament to do anything better then chromium.
  • Maskarii wrote: »
    Tournaments are just a waist of Ressources nothing more nothing less.. and they are totally lame..auto win everything with two teams
    Rebells and Droids/Jawas

I do not going to play any tournament in the future again.. and I am not the only one who stopped..

Not all Droids are auto-win. Thanks for adding insult to injury...
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Maskarii wrote: »
    Tournaments are just a waist of Ressources nothing more nothing less.. and they are totally lame..auto win everything with two teams
    Rebells and Droids/Jawas

Not all Droids are auto-win. Thanks for adding insult to injury...

Speed is everything, just start with a Droid Jawa team and after reaching 1000 Ally points for each character you can switch to a Rebellteam..easiest way to win pretty much everything right now... just hate those wedgebigggsslandohansthanakbarandCo teams...
    Att rebells arena rebells gw rebells pretty much everything and that's f boring...

• me2-logo2.gif
    ships also, this game is getting too whaley for me
  • Lost interest*
  • Yeah, it's become so redundant. There's no originality to teams. Everyone uses the same team in arena (top 50). It's really boring. I used to enjoy arena. As a f2p, I enjoyed using strategy to stay competitive w/ the whales. That's definitely not the case anymore.
  • ztc258 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's become so redundant. There's no originality to teams. Everyone uses the same team in arena (top 50). It's really boring. I used to enjoy arena. As a f2p, I enjoyed using strategy to stay competitive w/ the whales. That's definitely not the case anymore.

To be fair, there's no originality bc that's what a meta is. You're not going to see tier 2/3 teams on the top 50 arena bc they can't handle the top tier toons. Like how people play Yug or MTG, You can play for fun or for tourney and Tourney has such a.better payout if you win or top
  • What discourages me is new toon that synergizes with a chromium character.

So while he's cool on his own, knowing I won't have his buddy, makes me not really want him.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • For me, I'm on a shard w/ a bunch of Team Instinct, so there's no real competing for the Average Joe. Not complaining, it's just what it is. So it's not a whole lot of fun for me.

As to variation in teams for the Tournament and/or Arenas, you speak like there were Glory Days of diversity? I mean, it used to just be Sidooku and friends. Then it turned into Poe speed meta. Then Rey took over everything. Phasma used to be a good team too, don't see her really anymore either. I guess, at most we normally see 3 teams at the top at any one time.

I do agree, it'd be great to see more team variety.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Since Chirrut is an attacker he'll be useless if he's not at 7*, this will only compound the problem of tournaments
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • To be fair, there's no originality bc that's what a meta is. You're not going to see tier 2/3 teams on the top 50 arena bc they can't handle the top tier toons. Like how people play Yug or MTG, You can play for fun or for tourney and Tourney has such a.better payout if you win or top[/quote]

I understand the meta concept I just wish they ran more than one at a time. At least the game would stay interesting. I'm not expecting to see tier 2/3 teams in the top 50, I just want to see different synergies used. Currently, I only see EP led teams or Wedge/Lando led teams w/ a droid team sprinkled in here and there. How about giving good synergy to a Jedi team to combat an empire team or a synergy that can ward of AoE teams. All I see is AoE vs AoE. And I'll admit, I'm guilty of using it too. I went all in on Lando. Just want some disparity is all.

• If it's any consolation to us, EA is getting an ear full from the whales about how bad the drop rates are. It seems that 10 Baze shards will only cost you $200! L O F'ing L! That's not good when you have equally **** off both your free and your whale bases at the same time. I've spent some money, but never on Chromiums.
  • I find this ally point generation most useful for starting out players or F2P. Just run the bronzium cards and cash in easy shards and characters.
  • I was able to get Shoretrooper 5* 10/85 via the tournaments. If he shows up in Shipments, I will finish him there. We will see....
  • Characters that are introduced in tournaments and daily login should not be put in chromium IMO
  • So, the whale revolt is far louder than this one. Perhaps the tournament might be winnable... Not really.
  • New 80's are having a problem gearing, leveling and moding based on the credit block. These tournaments are only meant for new players (sub-80) and the whales. There's no reason for a fresh 80 to play except for casually. Those ally points are far better served in the shop where you can unlock new toons. Unfortunately, the cost to level them up is far too steep.
  • So, I had a hand full of fool's gold this afternoon. I figured I'd start out and see what happens. I actually made it all the way to #3! So, I start thinking, "Hey, maybe I got on an easy shard." Well, I can't get back above 50 a few hours later - not because I can't win anymore but because I can't win fast enough. It's the gaming equivalent of a filibuster.