Thanks for Making Shoretrooper Irrelevant and PTP

Prev134
I'm seriously peeved about how the release of Shoretrooper was handled. Not only was he locked away in chromiums, but he was also made completely irrelevant with the introduction of Baze, also in chromiums, who can do the one thing Shore is used for, and then does 4-5 other things.

But want to know the best part? No one buying chromiums will even use Shoretrooper. They're going to use Baze, who, as I said, is better in every way. Meanwhile, all ftp who tried hard to earn their Shoretroopers in tourneys, with the hope of using him as a counter to so many other meta ptp toons, now don't even get to 7* him.

Sure, he's 'basically' just as good at 3* compared to 7* since he just needs his instataunt, but then why lock ftp players from taking him to 7*, when whales won't even use their own Shoretroopers.

To put this into perspective, I have a reference for all Walking Dead fans: We basically just had our hard-earned mattresses stolen by people wanting our mattresses, but then they just burned our mattresses because they don't actually need our mattresses.
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

Replies

• Options
    We agree about baze and shore. What a joke.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yup the way these new releases happened were really bad
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

What's even worse is the immense 'price tag' that was put on Shore on the first 2 tourneys, just to have him immediately replaced and completely outdated by some new chromium toon.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    man, the people that whaled for shore in the first tourney! yours truly was in the skykrak shard.
    gonna take at least that many crystals to 7* baze too.

this whole update stinks i have no problems paying for stuff, mostly gear and refreshes (3 days and im 85) but this is another level, if it were in pesos instead of dollars i wouldnt mind. butdam
  • Options
    shore under ep still beats baze

Plus like u said tfp is available ..

So right now u can have ep + shore + tfp maxed ready for arena...

How soon will we see baze + monk in arena...

Stop seeing drama when there is not...

All toons has a 3 months expiration date in this game since its release... (Except Rex lol but he finally got it now).

I don't see baze + monk being a real issue in next 2/3 months... Except maybe 10/15 whale in the game that will have them both maxed...
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

What's even worse is the immense 'price tag' that was put on Shore on the first 2 tourneys, just to have him immediately replaced and completely outdated by some new chromium toon.

I'd rather have a 600k ally point shore than a 2k usd 5* baze people are commenting
  • Options

This is an issue. i am okay with him being chromium. I wanted him elsewhere, but just glad I don't have to wait a month to finish him. What isn't okay is making someone nearly, or proabably, strictly better and release him at the same time to negate all the cost and effort of the first two tourneys. It's predatory towards the players.
  • Options
    Maraxus wrote: »

All toons has a 3 months expiration date in this game since its release... (Except Rex lol but he finally got it now).

I don't see baze + monk being a real issue in next 2/3 months... Except maybe 10/15 whale in the game that will have them both maxed...

Does Shore also dispel all enemies, dispel another enemy, and have some pseudo-wiggs synergy? Baze is 100% better. Also, no, I will not have Shore maxed for arena because I can't finish his shards, no matter how much gear I give him. EP lead TFP Chirrut Baze +1 will eternally be a better team than with Shore instead. I bet even having Baze in there alone is still better, because then you don't need to waste a spot with B2.

On that note, I can see the new meta being EP lead TFP Chirrut Baze SF.
  • Options
    Hard to disagree.
  • Options

This is an issue. i am okay with him being chromium. I wanted him elsewhere, but just glad I don't have to wait a month to finish him. What isn't okay is making someone nearly, or proabably, strictly better and release him at the same time to negate all the cost and effort of the first two tourneys. It's predatory towards the players.

Exactly. All spending (esp in the first tourney) was invalidated because of Baze being introduced. Who's to say there won't be a toon soon that completely invalidates Chirrut after he's done in tourneys?
  • Options
    This one time I bought a bunch of chromiums.. I got QJ. I went "whale ON" and then they released him.
    It made me realize nothing is "sacred" this is a game.

I thought I could gripe or continue. I decided "Game ON!"

• Options

Does Shore also dispel all enemies, dispel another enemy, and have some pseudo-wiggs synergy? Baze is 100% better. Also, no, I will not have Shore maxed for arena because I can't finish his shards, no matter how much gear I give him. EP lead TFP Chirrut Baze +1 will eternally be a better team than with Shore instead. I bet even having Baze in there alone is still better, because then you don't need to waste a spot with B2.

So many thinks wrong and overlooked...

I guess the word empire synergy probably doesn't mean much in your book...

I won't use ep lead cause GK will clearly outperform... But not using shore under ep is just stupid... Heal/Crit immunity/synergy...

I guess the fact u haven't used him maxed probably is what limits your understanding of his strength below ep lead...

Anyway I was just here saying I do not agree at all baze killed shore...

It will all depend on the toons u have with you...

There isn't a meta anymore, there are 10 op toons from which to choose and combinations will need to be chosen to maximize synergies... Not just cause the toon is "better than anyone else"
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Who's to say there won't be a toon soon that completely invalidates Chirrut after he's done in tourneys?

i will lol if its jyn ezro
  • Options

So many thinks wrong and overlooked...

I guess the word empire synergy probably doesn't mean much in your book...

I won't use ep lead cause GK will clearly outperform... But not using shore under ep is just ****... Heal/Crit immunity/synergy...

I guess the fact u haven't used him maxed probably is what limits your understanding of his strength below ep lead...

Anyway I was just here saying I do not agree at all baze killed shore...

It will all depend on the toons u have with you...

There isn't a meta anymore, there are 10 op toons from which to choose and combinations will need to be chosen to maximize synergies... Not just cause the toon is "better than anyone else"

Once I have the luxury of having any toon I want maxed, then I'll get back to you on EP shore synergy. When fighting those teams in arena, it doesn't really matter because I can just quick dispel shore then ability block him and he's useless for the rest of the match. Baze will still have 4-5 other abilities that come into play, plus Chirrut can just clear debuffs when paired with him so meh doesn't matter if you put debuffs on Baze.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This one time I bought a bunch of chromiums.. I got QJ. I went "whale ON" and then they released him.
    It made me realize nothing is "sacred" this is a game.

I thought I could gripe or continue. I decided "Game ON!"

• Options
    Wow, I've gone past the point of getting annoyed and find this borderline amusing. I was going to get a chromium mega pack and I'm glad I held off. My RNG with nodes is also bad. Though mod drop rates are as normal (terrible), I have NEVER spent 150 energy and not had a single purple drop. It takes the ****, but I can see the funny side now. Thanks, CG!
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options

For sake of argument let me just "beat" that team of yours with a current FTP team

Qgj lead, wiggs anakin b2

Ultrafast qgj lead, dispels baze,
    Anakin buff immunity on tfp
    Wiggs assist kill ep, and wiggs aoe take tfp out of protection

Next anakin aoe your tfp is dead
    Wait for monk to dispel and use ur b2 aoe buff immunity...

Game over.

So again don't think that become a toon looks cool he can replace anyone else...

Baze is awesome... Granted, but so are many other toons (shore SF GK ep tfp b2 ahsoka etc...) and he didn't invalidated them
  • Options

For sake of argument let me just "beat" that team of yours with a current FTP team

Game over.

So again don't think that become a toon looks cool he can replace anyone else...

Baze is awesome... Granted, but so are many other toons (shore SF GK ep tfp b2 ahsoka etc...) and he didn't invalidated them

Who says the enemy TFP doesn't go first? He has very high natural speed, and could easily go before Ani. Doesn't matter. It could go a number of ways based on mods, rng, what-have-you. The point is that releasing Baze and Shore in chromiums is incomprehensible. If you are going to buy chromiums and get both Shore and Baze to 7*, which are you more likely to use? The instataunt that does one thing, or the instataunt that is part wiggs part B2 part RG part 5s? And yes, Chirrut being preset gives Baze a counter chance and health steal of SF, which Shore also doesn't do.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't see how Baze makes Shoretrooper irrelevant. Crit immunity is HUGE. Sure Baze looks real good, but Shore is still very much an upper echelon toon.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    TyloRen wrote: »
    I don't see how Baze makes Shoretrooper irrelevant. Crit immunity is HUGE. Sure Baze looks real good, but Shore is still very much an upper echelon toon.

Game over.

If you are going to buy chromiums and get both Shore and Baze to 7*, which are you more likely to use? The instataunt that does one thing, or the instataunt that is part wiggs part B2 part RG part 5s? And yes, Chirrut being preset gives Baze a counter chance and health steal of SF, which Shore also doesn't do.

EDIT: since basically every toon has a dispel now (obvious exaggeration to emphasize a point) crit immunity is easy to get around.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There is more to the game than just arena, and someone could easily use both. Shoretrooper is still an upper tier toon in my opinion.

I do agree that the implementation of both in chrome packs is dumb though, and a kick in the nuts to FTP.
  • Options
    There is more to the game than just arena, and someone could easily use both. Shoretrooper is still an upper tier toon in my opinion.

I do agree that the implementation of both in chrome packs is dumb though, and a kick in the nuts to FTP.

Aside from arena, I'd love to try Shore in P3 Heroic AAT using the Chirpatine team, but can't try that either unfortunately if he's chromium only.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about Baze, the drop rate on him is so small that nobody will have him at a decent level until after they fix that. Which will be next August.

And without Baze, Chirut isn't anything super special, so nobody has to go hard in the tournament. So it all works out.
  • Options

Game over.

Who says the enemy TFP doesn't go first? He has very high natural speed, and could easily go before Ani. Doesn't matter. It could go a number of ways based on mods, rng, what-have-you. The point is that releasing Baze and Shore in chromiums is incomprehensible. If you are going to buy chromiums and get both Shore and Baze to 7*, which are you more likely to use? The instataunt that does one thing, or the instataunt that is part wiggs part B2 part RG part 5s? And yes, Chirrut being preset gives Baze a counter chance and health steal of SF, which Shore also doesn't do.

Ok so let me get this straight...

12k heal + taunt on super fast cool down + Crit immunity is meh, Crit chance down while getting 20% tm (oh yeah he is under ep lead) is meh + auto heal from empire using special is meh

But crazy slow baze that will literally be killed before even taking 2 turns is op... Yeah right... (His max hp armor and resistance will be much lower shore under ep)

Oh btw anakin under qgj lead is 1 speed slower than tfp... So yeah easy to make him faster or at least we are back at seeing who has best mods... Not who has best toons...

• Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options

Yeah agree with this. Definitely being able to run 2 distinct pre-taunt teams in tournaments at high ranks will be very useful indeed.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options

Aside from arena, I'd love to try Shore in P3 Heroic AAT using the Chirpatine team, but can't try that either unfortunately if he's chromium only.

Yea exactly where I want to use him, crit immunity there gives you a lot more survivability and damage potential. Plus, obviously the immediate taunt.
  • Options

Yea exactly where I want to use him, crit immunity there gives you a lot more survivability and damage potential. Plus, obviously the immediate taunt.

*spoiler alert* The best taunt combo remains RG SF sthan for high scores... Shore has more utility in other phase.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options

*spoiler alert* The best taunt combo remains RG SF sthan for high scores... Shore has more utility in other phase.

Hmm, which phase would that be? haha
  • Options

Well good thing Shore is ptp only so the ptp can use SF instead of Shore here (yes another phase he's useful, but I'm trying to make a point).
  • Options
    I love watching people argue with Maraxus thinking they know better...

*sigh* :blush: