Tie Pilot vs Wedge? Who to farm

Hey guys I'm sitting at 98/100 shards on my Lando so I'm wondering who to work on in cantina now. I was planning on farming wedge first but tie also looks super good. Please help.

Replies

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    How close are you to finishing wedge?
  • Options
    Wedge, because super OP in arena and raids
  • Options
    I haven't even unlocked him yet I've been busy finishing JKA and Lando. Wedge is at 60/80.
  • Options
    I'm sitting 43/100 with my Wedge.

My farming list after that just got much longer with TIE added to B2, Chirpa, Kylo (to 5* so that I can finish the FO mod challenge), Old Ben, SRP. We could be here a while.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    TP is the wave of the future...
  • Options
    Wedge if you have Biggs ready to go. I'm sure you know that Wedge needs a grip of gear just to get from 8 to 9. Tie Fighter if you have a ready to go empire team.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge if you want your guild mates to like you on the AAT raid
  • Options
    Wedge, since u already farmed Lando, get Biggs in GW at the same time.
  • Options
    That's the problem I have too...
    My wedge is at 4*/G6 (and biggs at 6*/G6, lando at 7*/G9) but I'm tired of his farming...
    Probably I 'll start farming Tie Pilot... Maybe not the right move but I like him.... Plus he could fit in my phasma team...
  • Options
    They have too many good characters in Cantina now and not enough energy to go around.
  • Options
    I'm gonna at least get TP up to the 5-6* range. I have Wedge at 6 now, so he can raid. And I'm 1 shard away from unlocking JKA so I can start his gear grind.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So much better to focus on 1 toon at a time and max them instead of jumping on each FoTM and not completing anyone.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    Focus down Wedge and go after TFP later. Wedge is very useful in many parts of the game unlike TFP (for now).
  • Options
    Yeah I already 7* Biggs so I'm going with wedge he's amazing. I want to get in on that one shot action that's been wrecking me in arena. So much gear though for both of them.
  • Options
    I wish they'd stop adding characters to cantina and put them in a shipment somewhere. I can't farm Ayla, scarif, b2 and wedge at the same time.
  • Options
    I'd agree with others - focus on Wedge and go after TFP later, but consider that both will be useful, to what degree I don't know, when ships hit. So you may eventually end up with both - but for now, Wedge is more useful, I'd say.
  • Options
    I have the same decision. I'm going with TFP. My empire team definitely needs more help than my rebels. It'd be different if I had Biggs already. Plus TFP should farm 60% faster
  • Options
    Wedge. Dont care about 19479465291 new heroes. EA forgot all other heroes, so Wiggs will always be good.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    So much better to focus on 1 toon at a time and max them instead of jumping on each FoTM and not completing anyone.

It depends on what you are getting the toons for. If you're looking solely at Arena, then yes. But if you're looking to get help in other aspects of the game, then getting a toon to a pre-determined star level and then shifting be helpful. You may want to finish them later. Or you may decide that you aren't interested. But there's more to the game than Arena.
  • Options
    One word really "synergy" if you have a maxed rebel team then take Wedge, if you're like me and invest in the empire TFP is your man. The toon that benefits the team the most.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    They have too many good characters in Cantina now and not enough energy to go around.

I agree wholeheartedly. They KEEP adding top notch toons to the cantina, while GW and arena sit unchanged. Sure they added credits to arena...thanks....I guess... But I'd sure like to of had another toon in there instead of credits....and GW... Well since the addition of magmatrooper MONTHS ago, we have been given ally points... Never mind I have 25k arena credits, almost 30k GW credits, 22 million gold credits, and 200k ally points saved...

I think its absurd every new toon they release for f2p are released in Cantina. Arena hasn't gotten anyone new since Leia...which was months ago...even longer since GW had magmatrooper added...yet every single toon they add goes to cantina. Oh wait...we have to farm our mods with the same energy? Man, thats SO nice of you EA. This is complete ****. I mean they release all these toons they know we will want, and just throw them all into the cantina. Its like they have lost the coding ability to add people to the arena and Cantina shipments.

And don't even get me started on the fact there are only 2 f2p clones to use. 2. 5s and Clone Sergeant...Not a single other clone for f2p.

And to the OP @lukeroks, I'm in the same situation, but reversed. I am about to be finishing up my wedge, and am trying to decide on Lando, Tie Pilot, or Chirpa
  • Options
    i went for Lando first because he single handedly allowed me to go up two teirs in the credit heist which is super valuable and he's actually in the movies compared to wedge. I agree it's rediculous that Ayla, B2, Wedge, scarif, tie pilot, Lando, and JKA are all top priority toons that are all cantina farms, along with trying to get decent mods for all of them it's super challenging to share that energy, even with two refreshes.
  • Options
    @Speaker4thedead I'd highly suggest Lando as well. Only reason to potentially look elsewhere would be if you are completing the top heist events without Lando. And I don't see Chirpa as being a "need to have" toon at this point. He can be fun in p3 of tank raid with Palp...if you have him high enough to participate. But outside of that, I don't think he has much use. JKA also has a lot of hard nodes you can farm using standard energy. I unlocked him using that method, and I only hit it on hard node day for guilds.